Sennheiser Amperiors?
Jun 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #301 of 1,022
So, they finally arrived.

Ordered from the German Apple Store, super fast delivery and nice packaging.

1. First sound check directly out of the box:
Damn that sounds awful oO everything was so far away, no resolution, bass was... just strange. Within seconds the sound opened up a bit. Decided to let them burn-in for some Minutes.

2. Second sound check after about 15 minutes of Burn-In:
Is this the same headphone i heard 15 minutes ago? Can't be. Sound changed ultra drastically! Now that sounds already GREAT! Finally some higher resolution, great mids.

3. Right now I'm burning them in "live", so while listening. So nice! 

That's the first 30 minutes with my new amperior. Planning to do some comparison to my other headphones in the coming days. My inventory consists of: DT770 Pro/80, Denon AH-D2000, AKG K518DJ, Koss KSC75, Sony MDR-XB500

Cheers
cross

btw: as i watched Tyll's review on innerfidelity before, i want to add something concerning the plug of the headphone. It is no longer a fat un-angled plug like in his review, the "release"-unit I received today hast a slim and 90° angled connector!

Jun 12, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #304 of 1,022
Quote:
Well, according to Apple's web site, the Amperior is available now for online ordering and will be in stores 6/16!  Based on the picture, only in silver for now :frowning2:

here's the link for Craigster's post for you US guys...

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H8612ZM/A/sennheiser-amperior-over-ear-headphones?fnode=MTc0MjU4ODc&p=4

the silver went on sale before the blue over here to.... the Amperior is $50 cheaper in USA as well, compared to Europe.

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #306 of 1,022
Sennheiser is just too good 
beerchug.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #309 of 1,022
Quote:
1. First sound check directly out of the box:... Damn that sounds awful oO everything was so far away, no resolution, bass was... just strange. Within seconds the sound opened up a bit.

well they've arrived, I'm impressed with the packaging & they look the dogs-bollox (I got the silver ones, very classy)... the cable is in two parts, one part really solid looking (headphone end) and a bit disappointingly the connecting end (or the Apple cable, separate cable) looks a tad flimsy... looks like these could be off for re-cabling in the next week or so, jury's out on that one.

plugged them into my Sony Walkman NW-Z1070... like Crossbone found, they sound pretty naff for the first minute or so, it's like they're waking up having a stretch & scratch... then... the music kicks in across the range and it's immediately apparent that the Amperior's perform their duties in a assured manner but they're forever changing and it's noticeable... going to let them have a run-in with both my X & Z for a few hours with different genres and let them settle a bit.

These look like they're a keeper... I'm real pleased

Jun 13, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #310 of 1,022
still only available in UK from Apple, so until they are available elsewhere I will hold back.

Apple have enough money already, I would rather support an independant retailer.

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #312 of 1,022
Quote:

well they've arrived, I'm impressed with the packaging & they look the dogs-bollox (I got the silver ones, very classy)... the cable is in two parts, one part really solid looking (headphone end) and a bit disappointingly the connecting end (or the Apple cable, separate cable) looks a tad flimsy... looks like these could be off for re-cabling in the next week or so, jury's out on that one.

plugged them into my Sony Walkman NW-Z1070... like Crossbone found, they sound pretty naff for the first minute or so, it's like they're waking up having a stretch & scratch... then... the music kicks in across the range and it's immediately apparent that the Amperior's perform their duties in a assured manner but they're forever changing and it's noticeable... going to let them have a run-in with both my X & Z for a few hours with different genres and let them settle a bit.

These look like they're a keeper... I'm real pleased

The change in sound these cans make through in the first hours is really astonishing! First Dull, then over the next few hours they were rather sibilant and shrill in the highs and now after 14 hours of burn-in the harshness is gone. I am enjoying them more an more. GREAT!

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #313 of 1,022
Quote:
The change in sound these cans make through in the first hours is really astonishing! First Dull, then over the next few hours they were rather sibilant and shrill in the highs and now after 14 hours of burn-in the harshness is gone. I am enjoying them more an more. GREAT!

yeah I'm into that shrill bit now, though I'm not listening to them full-time I am sneaking listens every half hour or so... the WM-Z's soundstage is huge and it's putting the Amp's through the paces... the sound can only be described as detailed & revealing and that's after a couple of hours, I'm gonna really like these when they settle down... christ, I do already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back