Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Jun 21, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #256 of 1,054
I'm wondering about the DURABILITY of my Amperiors. 

I'm think of using them at the radio station cluster I just got hired for. I really would like to use them there on a daily basis, but would it be overkill to have such a high level of headphone (compared to the Sony MDR-V6 mostly used there as house headphones).

Or should I just keep my Amperiors for HOME/PORTABLE use so that they don't get messed up?

Thanks for your thoughts,

LAmitchell

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #257 of 1,054
Quote:
I'm wondering about the DURABILITY of my Amperiors. 

I'm think of using them at the radio station cluster I just got hired for. I really would like to use them there on a daily basis, but would it be overkill to have such a high level of headphone (compared to the Sony MDR-V6 mostly used there as house headphones).

Or should I just keep my Amperiors for HOME/PORTABLE use so that they don't get messed up?

Thanks for your thoughts,

LAmitchell

They'll be fine and rugged for whatever purpose you use them for.

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #258 of 1,054
Hello paul,

Thank you for your enquiry with Sennheiser.

The Amperior's have recently been made "End of Line", but I would expect stock to be available in the marketplace for the next 6 months, certainly until the end of the year.

Currently there is no direct replacement of the Amperior's.

Kind Regards,

Jamie Kidd
Consumer FAQ

ref no: #CON00012601.

Please use the following tag in the first line of your response to update this ticket

@@set status:solved@@

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #259 of 1,054
Quote:
It's all good they look almost identical. I have a feeling they sound better than the Amperior. I prefer my HD25 to the Amperior.

How would you describe the difference between the two?

I received the Amperior and I have to say I enjoy it VERY much! I did not expect it to sound this good. As far as I have read I read on the DT-1350 thread that most users preferred the DT-1350 to the Amperior. Being a long time DT-1350 (and prior to that T50p) owner I did not expect the Amperior to sound better. I absolutely prefer bright and airy sounding headphones with high resolution more than darker sounding headphones. I did not expect the Amperior to be brighter than DT-1350 so these are a big surprise to me. There is so much listening pleasure in the Amperior. So much punch and slam in the bass and a nice edgy sound to the midrange and treble. Overall they just sound so FAST and with excellent PRAT!

Also they offer better wearing comfort than I am used to from the DT-1350. So I enjoy them much more than I expected and these days they get more listening time than DT-1350 which I never expected. I am looking forward to see if this initial joy will be a long lasting love or just a quick romance. Always great fun to discover new headphoens 
normal_smile .gif

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #260 of 1,054
The Amperior is more forward across the spectrum compared to the HD25. Harder hitting bass, more emphasized mids and highs. HD25 is more neutral despite having peakier highs.

To my ears personally, once I repurchased an HD25 after I sold the Amperior, it was a bit of a relief. Just not as aggressive overall and vocals sound more tonally correct on the HD25. I will say the Amperior has better body and decay. Ultimately I came to the conclusion that the biggest difference are the drivers themselves and not necessarily the housing. I would love to hear an HD25 in the same aluminum housing.

Glad you're enjoying them, they are an exciting and very resolving can.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #261 of 1,054
Quote:
The Amperior is more forward across the spectrum compared to the HD25. Harder hitting bass, more emphasized mids and highs. HD25 is more neutral despite having peakier highs.

To my ears personally, once I repurchased an HD25 after I sold the Amperior, it was a bit of a relief. Just not as aggressive overall and vocals sound more tonally correct on the HD25. I will say the Amperior has better body and decay. Ultimately I came to the conclusion that the biggest difference are the drivers themselves and not necessarily the housing. I would love to hear an HD25 in the same aluminum housing.

Glad you're enjoying them, they are an exciting and very resolving can.

OK perfect. Thanks for sharing that. I think for those reasons I will enjoy the Amperior more than the HD-25. 

That is exactly what I was looking for. A "fun" factor headphone for that special mood. I kind of miss the Grado SR325i I once had just for that occasional listening session where you just can't get enough forwardness and "in-your-face" rythm and edginess. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #262 of 1,054
NEED SOME HELP....

one of the DRIVERS on my Amperior has a loose connection. I have to jiggle the cable connection at the driver to make it work. I know its not the cable because I did a switch with the other driver and checked.

I remember seeing somewhere that this happens with the HD25 and I would need to take apart the driver?

Thanks for the help,

LAmitchell

UPDATE:

I fixed it myself (so proud) .....  here's a video in case you need to do it.... wasn't that hard at all.... 

http://youtu.be/WRXYgfIkX18

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #263 of 1,054
Quote:
HD25 aluminium now available online:

http://www.djkit.com/sennheiser/sennheiser-hd-25-aluminium.html?gclid=CMCop8OO67cCFXLLtAodai0Amg

Nice little unboxing:

http://djworx.com/unboxing-sennheiser-hd-25-aluminium-dj-headphones/

That's quite lovely, Rovex, but where in the name of Hambert Porquoi are they being sold in the United Snakes?

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #265 of 1,054
I'm pretty new when it comes to writing reviews and the amperior is my first proper written review.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/672658/sennheiser-amperior-review
I'd like you guys to tell me how i went if it doesn't bother you too much :)

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #266 of 1,054
Hi guys
Just got my blue Amperiors few days ago. I believe I have the only blue Amperior from Romania, or among the very very few that people bought from abroad. We do not have apple stores here, so that means we do not have blue Amperiors, only silver ones, but I wanted a blue one so much.
Sennheiser sent accidentally one blue piece to the Senn distributor here, si I jumped on it immediately
bigsmile_face.gif

Had HD-25 II for few years now. Loving the Amperior more than HD-25, it has more nerve, more raw sounding and slightly more extended in both directions. It is also slightly faster sounding than HD-25 and slightly more metallic sounding.
Very fun to listen headphone, engaging sounding and headbanging while walking, I use it with a X3 on the street, Great combo!
I agree with what rasmushorn said, I feel the same about this headphone.
I have a pair of a US 3D CIEM that sounds overall better, but it is nowhere near as FUN as Amperior, man this things can rock haaard.

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #267 of 1,054
What kind of tool is needed to remove the screws for a recable?
My hex keys didn't work.

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #269 of 1,054
Well, I'm liking the cleaner sound and reduced wooliness in the bass.  The heavier, tighter-fitting cups probably help, based on my DIY experience.  Still, the drivers aren't the same, given their drastic difference in impedance, so I could be partly wrong.  I do dislike HD25's sensitivity already, and the Amperior is a little more sensitive, ugh.  At least my J3 doesn't hiss with either.
It could be the case that my particular HD25 doesn't have the 7kHz and 9-10kHz treble peaks as strong as the next guy's HD25, and this Amperior is no worse to me there.  Bass impact has more focus on the Amperior, I think.  More soundstage depth on the Amperior as well.  I'm going to try some modifications to my HD25 to see how much closer I can get it to sound to the Amperior I have with me now.  (What a bizarre name.  Perhaps that's one of the "hooks" that Sennheiser intended.)
The set that I have still needs the same EQ curve as HD25 in Sonnox to get it sounding somewhat more accurate like HD380/280 and K701, FR-wise.
My impressions will probably match most other people's as I spend more time with them.

The extension cables feel like they might break if you dare to look at them wrong.  Maybe the midline detachment will save them on an accidental snag, at least.

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #270 of 1,054
Just thought I'd mention that after being very disappointed in DT-1350s mostly because I couldn't get a decent seal but even if I pressed them enough to get a seal still not seeing what all the fuss was about them I moved them on. I had a set of Amperiors briefly a few months ago and found them a little boomy with their mid-bass hump. Returned them after a week and later purchased a pair of B&W P5s which I feel area very underrated headphone. Listen to them a lot despite having many others to listen to.

Anyway, I eventually purchased a pair of HD25s thinking they would outshine the P5s and despite the more neutral signature, I still listened to the P5s more often, mainly due to comfort and being nice with classical and jazz, my preferred genres. So I moved them on too.

But recently I saw a half price pair of Amperiors and gave them a second run. You know I am sure they are no different to my first pair but I don't notice the mid bass hump nearly as much and am finding them really good to listen to. Oddly, I am having less issues with comfort too. I can wear them for hours whereas I could only wear the HD25s for half an hour or so. None of this makes sense at all, but the Amperiors are possibly my favourite headphones right now.

Going to try the new on-ear Momentums when they come out as some reports say they are clearer than the originals which I thought were okay but had comfort issues with too. I'll keep which ever Senn I like best and sell the other but can't see me selling either of my B&Ws simply due to comfort and style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back