Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #781 of 1,054
  this is the one i use (as a spare)
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3ft-3-5mm-Male-to-Female-Stereo-Audio-Headphone-Extension-Cable-black-/151385804563?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item233f4c0f13&_uhb=1

theres also this
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/50cm-3-5mm-4-Pole-Male-to-Female-headphone-earphone-Extension-Cord-Audio-Adapter-/201153099013?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2ed5a8b505&_uhb=1

ideally look for things around 1.2m in length plus their cheap 

the first one is good quality, i use it almost everyday on my desktop

essentially any female to male 3.5mm cable

Thank you very much Tom.... by the way..... without an amp.... the amperiors crush the hd25.... much fuller sounding, deeper bass.... I am liking them.... too bad amazon screwed up with the cable....

But they are making me a 15 euros refund..... YEI!!!!!!!! XD

So basically now i am on a dilema.....

I take this 15 euros and spend 14,66 euros on the (missing) original sennheiser amperior extension cable.... this one here....

Or i save the money..... and go for one of this options.... See what you guys think of this cable extensions and if they are more worth it than the original amperior one....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261281229633?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=560224379645&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201101808381?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321484094834?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231285288290?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360997589302?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And lots of other cheap options.....

By the way.... Oxygen free copper cables or copper conducted cables are better in anything than just a standard one dollar cable? the copper ones are better soundwise? (Yes i am really that stupid.... XD)

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #782 of 1,054
hi guys in case anyone is interested again with the momentums and amperiors and Momentum on ear comparison i made a thread about my comparison between the three.

this thread is to answer any and all questions regarding the three top of the line portable headphones in its entirety (sound, build, isolation etc) and to compare them with each other as well. 

i hope to see you there!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/731384/review-the-best-sennheiser-portable-headphones-compared-momentums-over-ears-amperiors-and-momentum-on-ears

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #784 of 1,054
Still looking for a good carrying case for Amperiors.  All the hardshell headphone cases I've ordered seem better suited to larger phones and the Amperiors just swim in them.
this is a perfect fit for my amperiors and it has an elastic band to hold them down, in the opposite side I put an imod/c&c bh rig under the fishnet pouch. No swimming EVER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009YONZEG

Also get the oyaide cable for the Amperiors, it's such a nice improvement.

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #785 of 1,054
Guys how many hours does it take to fully burn in the amperiors? I received mine this week and they must have about 40 hours on them now....

Call me crazy but.... Straight from my 4th gen ipod touch my the hd25s sound clearer while the amperiors seem a tiny bit more muffled (maybe a too strong word) in comparison... Specially on vocals and, guitars and drum.... Am i crazy? Maybe i just got used to the hotter treble and overall more agressove sound of the hd25...after all they have been my main headphone for the last 6 months.... I dont know...

Edit: For example.... when listening to the lastest album by biffy clyro or the first artic artic monkeys album i usually use the rock eq setting on my ipod touch because of i use the eq turned off the bass on the amperior is not sufficient for me. The rock eq provides me just the amount of bass i need while keeping clear and very good resolution on the treble (guitars are more lively, have more snare). If i use the rock eq with the amperiors the sound is too bassy for rock and the treble energy is tammed a bit, if i use the flat eq with the amperiors it is closer to the hd25 with rock eq sound but still the hd25 treble seems much more lively and with better resolution and extension....

Maybe i am mixing up things i dont know.... Is there any noticeable improvement on the amperiors sound after a good amount of hours?

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #786 of 1,054
Guys how many hours does it take to fully burn in the amperiors? I received mine this week and they must have about 40 hours on them now....

Call me crazy but.... Straight from my 4th gen ipod touch my the hd25s sound clearer while the amperiors seem a tiny bit more muffled (maybe a too strong word) in comparison... Specially on vocals and, guitars and drum.... Am i crazy? Maybe i just got used to the hotter treble and overall more agressove sound of the hd25...after all they have been my main headphone for the last 6 months.... I dont know...

Edit: For example.... when listening to the lastest album by biffy clyro or the first artic artic monkeys album i usually use the rock eq setting on my ipod touch because of i use the eq turned off the bass on the amperior is not sufficient for me. The rock eq provides me just the amount of bass i need while keeping clear and very good resolution on the treble (guitars are more lively, have more snare). If i use the rock eq with the amperiors the sound is too bassy for rock and the treble energy is tammed a bit, if i use the flat eq with the amperiors it is closer to the hd25 with rock eq sound but still the hd25 treble seems much more lively and with better resolution and extension....

Maybe i am mixing up things i dont know.... Is there any noticeable improvement on the amperiors sound after a good amount of hours?

That.

Paciencia amigo. These cans are the best, believe me. Just give them some more time, they should not sound muffled at all, to the contrary I find them bright but not overly so. I've not tried the regular HD25's but I've read that they are more agressive in the upper mid region, I'm 100% sure that's what you're feeling.

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #787 of 1,054

I would try using both without eq for a while. The amperior (and hd25) in my opinion doesn't require a rock eq. There natural frequency curve are fine. For electronic a bass boost can work.

In my listening the amperior has the clearer and more extended treble. The hd-25 I find has a more pronounced midrange.

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #788 of 1,054
That.

Paciencia amigo. These cans are the best, believe me. Just give them some more time, they should not sound muffled at all, to the contrary I find them bright but not overly so. I've not tried the regular HD25's but I've read that they are more agressive in the upper mid region, I'm 100% sure that's what you're feeling.

I would try using both without eq for a while. The amperior (and hd25) in my opinion doesn't require a rock eq. There natural frequency curve are fine. For electronic a bass boost can work.

In my listening the amperior has the clearer and more extended treble. The hd-25 I find has a more pronounced midrange.

Maybe its the mids indeed....

Thats where vocals, drums and those guitars twwwwwaaangs are portrayed right?
This 3 things indeed are more pronounced on the hd25 and that why maybe i find them clearer....

But after wich amount of hours do you guys think the amperiors will become even better?

Cheers....

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #789 of 1,054
I don't recall my Amperior getting better through burn-in. My appreciation of them has grown, especially in comparing them with other headphones.

A large part of preference is psychological. Your main reference is the hd25. Your other reference is the music you are familiar with.

My advice is to listen to some new music that is either lossless or high quality mp3/mp4. Try some genres and music that is well regarded but may not be something you would typically listen too.

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #790 of 1,054
I don't recall my Amperior getting better through burn-in. My appreciation of them has grown, especially in comparing them with other headphones.

A large part of preference is psychological. Your main reference is the hd25. Your other reference is the music you are familiar with.

My advice is to listen to some new music that is either lossless or high quality mp3/mp4. Try some genres and music that is well regarded but may not be something you would typically listen too.

Ill do that malfunkt.... Maybe you are right and i am doubting of the amperior qualities because i am used to my hd25s sound. But one thing is for sure. They sound that different. At least directly driven from an ipod the difference is not that marginal...
Maybe i am accostumed to the piercing voices and guitars of the hd25s and now its weird to hear something thats more balanced.... The hd25 mids at least to me seem to be quite upfront.... Maybe i got used to what people call harsh and now that my new definition of clear... :-D

Analytical listen just makes you question everything.... :-D

I am saying the amperiors are bad of course but maybe i was expecting the same agressive mids and highs with just a tiny improvement on bass quality and quantity and the amperiors ended up being a bit more balanced and not as agressive..... Questions, questions, questions..... :)

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #792 of 1,054
Sennheiser stopped producing the Amperior and replaced it with the HD-25 Aluminium model. So the Amperior is end of life and the retail price has dropped. Still a great headphone, now available at a good price.

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #793 of 1,054
^^ It's discontinued like he said and at $150, it's literally a bargain since it's a much more affordable than hd25 ii. Plus, the sound is definitely upfront with the bass sounding tight and has some nice mid or "clarity" as I like to describe on the amperiors.

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #794 of 1,054
Such a lively phone at a great pricing. I'm liking it with any genre thrown at it.

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #795 of 1,054

Users who are viewing this thread

Back