Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
May 27, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #736 of 1,054
Well I've had this for a few days now. Very very happy with the Amperior. It took a bit to adjust to, as my other headphones have such a different signature. Posted my impression in comparison to a Denon AH-D600 and Sony MDR-EX600.

Essentially the Denon is tuned for relaxed but clear listening with a strong low end and larger sense of space, the MDR-ex600 neutral and natural and finally the Amperior which has a flat studio sound, a little less-pleasant but engaging and with its own depth and richness. It's a sonic screwdriver.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/720330/minor-headphone-battle-amperior-vs-ah-d600-vs-mdr-ex600

What is surprising, especially in my comparison, is that as sharp as the Amperior can be, it's within these tones that aspects of the music are revealed. It's a lot of fun switching between the headphones and testing out how they respond, a bit like trying different scotches.

The more I do this, though, the more I start reaching for the Amperior. If I had to keep one it would be the Amperior, as it's the most versatile and accurate.

Glad to have the Amperior 'back' (never owned one but had the HD-25).

My new Amperiors with their ravaged HD-25 brethren in the foreground. Story of how this happened here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/163153/hd25-1-appreciation-thread/2355#post_10579296

Jun 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #737 of 1,054
Hi, I'm looking to buy a pair of damping foams for the Amperior after my was ripped out by some friend's kids last weekend after they got their little hands on it.

So far I can only find the entire padding, but I just need the thin foam circular disks that covers the driver.

Can anyone point out to me where I can buy a pair of the original or aftermarket foam pads?

Many thanks

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #738 of 1,054
May want to start here http://en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #739 of 1,054
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I can only found replacement for the whole padding, not just the foam disk.

Apologies if my last post was not clear. Here is a picture of the form disks I'm look for.

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #740 of 1,054
I don't think you can buy the foam discs separately. I've only ever seen them come with replacement pads when I've bought spares before. The cheapest I've found official Sennheiser replacement pads + discs is £15 on eBay.

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #742 of 1,054
Guys i am buying a pair of used but in mint condition amperiors from ebay. 100 euros with shipping already included... Good Deal?

One thing.... Are there any reports of fake amperiors? 

At least i never found anything.... not even on the h25's...

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #743 of 1,054
Guys i am buying a pair of used but in mint condition amperiors from ebay. 100 euros with shipping already included... Good Deal?

One thing.... Are there any reports of fake amperiors? 

At least i never found anything.... not even on the h25's...

Great deal... These are excellent headphones.

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #744 of 1,054
Pedro, looking forward to hearing what you think of them. They are bit clamps initially but then soon become quite comfy.

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #745 of 1,054
Pedro, looking forward to hearing what you think of them. They are bit clamps initially but then soon become quite comfy.

Bad luck for me.... ;(

The guy who was going to sell me the amperiors was robbed.... ;( 
He had his amperiors on his car and well bye bye amperiors.... poor guy...

Anyway.... i found a spanish store selling new silver amperiors with 2 years warranty for 139 (plus 12 for shipping (they also sell the blue ones for 159).

One thing about the paint job..... WIch amperior would have a more resistant paintjob? Wich would avoid scratcs and damage more easily?

I know the question may seem stupid, but after seeing this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfxjXvQOHFg

Is it me or the blue one as a better paint job? Anodized, anodyzed???? XD Does that means the paintjob is more resistnte on the blue ones than on the silver ones????

XD

Cheers...

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #746 of 1,054

Is it me or the blue one as a better paint job? Anodized, anodyzed???? XD Does that means the paintjob is more resistnte on the blue ones than on the silver ones????

XD

Cheers...

They're both anodized aluminium - there's no 'paint job' on either of them. I have the silver Amperiors myself - had them for about a year now - and the cans look almost as good as new, no scratches or anything.

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #747 of 1,054

They're both anodized aluminium - there's no 'paint job' on either of them. I have the silver Amperiors myself - had them for about a year now - and the cans look almost as good as new, no scratches or anything.

Same here. The blue Amperior travels with me daily in my Notebook bag together with a lot of other stuff. No scratches, still as nice as on the first day. And it travels there unprotected, rubbing and bobbing around in the bag. It's very rugged.

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #748 of 1,054

You know what i meant.... :-D

Same here. The blue Amperior travels with me daily in my Notebook bag together with a lot of other stuff. No scratches, still as nice as on the first day. And it travels there unprotected, rubbing and bobbing around in the bag. It's very rugged.

Cool, i thought i would have to baby them but its noce to know that they are durable as the hd25.

To be honest i am now confused on wich color i should choose.... At first i wanted the silver ones because i thought after some time the blue might seem too kiddish to me but i am liking the blue ones more and more everytime i look at the pictures....

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #749 of 1,054
Hello Amperior owners! I'm thinking of purchasing the Amperior with the Amazon $150 deal, as I suspect the cord on my M50s will not hold up much longer, and they're a bit large for portable use. I'm wondering - would these generally be considered as a significant upgrade over the M50s, in terms of sound quality? Has anyone had the chance to compare the two? Thanks! :)

Edit: And the Amperiors are back to $180 again. Looks like I'll wait it out a bit longer.

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #750 of 1,054
hi all i recently got a used pair of amperiors and they are fantastic, i have not heard such clarity while have such tight and forward bass: however theres a few quibbles i'm curious about, and if anyone can help me with it that would be great!

1) i can see on the graph and my ears do tell me that it doesn't go all the way down there in terms of bass. this kinda bothers me because i like my subbass =( does the synthetic earpads from the hd 25 fix this? 
2) the midbass although is very nice and tight i feel like in terms of quantity it isn't enough for portable use (at home its really perfect) but as many of you all know when subwaying or outside. i did find myself turning up the volume a bit to get the midbass to come through the subway screeching, but the treble being so prominent made that fatiguing pretty quick and my ears hurt afterwards =(

3) the right side is insanely loose! i had them around my neck and while turning my head a bit, it moved down like 3-4 notches. the left side is loose too but noticeable tighter. has anyone else experienced this? and is there anything that can fix that?--? i tried putting a few layers of tape on the  earcups, it seems to help a bit but its still loose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back