Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #601 of 1,054
You got the idea. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #602 of 1,054
Just picked up a pair of amperior s yesterday at best buy for 119.00plus tax.. I haven't used them much yet but from what I've heard it's probably the best 119.00 bucks I've ever spent.. I love an aggressive headphone... These sound amazing.. For almost any price.. I did say almost rite? Lol very happy :)

Bought mine for $145 last November. Should have wait longer. :p

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #604 of 1,054
weren't these around 300 at one time? I'm listening now and they really sound beautiful for a portable too.. :)

Newegg... From 145 to 135 at Newegg while the rest goes for 300. So I thought that's the clearance price. Who know that they will go lower.

Yeah, so beautiful. I wish can mod the ear pad. I just dislike the cable...

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #606 of 1,054

OYAIDE HPC-HD25 Silver 1.2 m cable

Cheaper option to my place.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/chuya-online/item/70936/

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #607 of 1,054
Hey guys don't feel so bad about being ripped off, I bought them for $200 on eBay and the day they arrived on my doorstep they went on sale at Bestbuy for $139 and then went further down to $119. $80 instantly went down the drain, but I'm still happy with the phones.

By the way, I received the clamp set from customcans.co.uk awful quick. They even included some kind of candy called Maoam Stripes, which was delicious lol. Still waiting on the Oyaide cables.

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #608 of 1,054
  Hey guys don't feel so bad about being ripped off, I bought them for $200 on eBay and the day they arrived on my doorstep they went on sale at Bestbuy for $139 and then went further down to $119. $80 instantly went down the drain, but I'm still happy with the phones.

By the way, I received the clamp set from customcans.co.uk awful quick. They even included some kind of candy called Maoam Stripes, which was delicious lol. Still waiting on the Oyaide cables.

Where you buy your Oyaide? I just placed my order for Black Oyaide from Rakuten. I resist not to click but somehow I was possessed and "accidentally" click place order. I search the clamp but not available. Not worth it to get the clamp only, need to search for something else to buy. There goes my credit card again.

BTW, I saw some HD 25 ii mod. The headband cushion changed etc. I wonder if we can do the same thing too.

Feb 2, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #610 of 1,054
  I ordered my Oyaide from eBay. The one you posted on Rakuten actually has a better price.

I'm not sure if it's better price shipped to your country. Hehe...

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #611 of 1,054
Newegg... From 145 to 135 at Newegg while the rest goes for 300. So I thought that's the clearance price. Who know that they will go lower.

Yeah, so beautiful. I wish can mod the ear pad. I just dislike the cable...
Ya the lower cables are very thin. The ipod cable comes with a straight plug and the other a angled one.. I don't like that mine didn't come with a case for them.. I'm not really complaining for the price.. But if I had of paid 300 bucks I would be complaining for sure.. No case grrr. Lol the dude from inner fidelity said the plug was too big for some phone cases.. Mine are small and fit no problem.. Maybe they changed the plug.. Anyways I'm happy with the sound.. Is it reference?? No but still sounds good for on the go Ya know. I'm very happy.. I'm kinda actually shocked how well these sound..

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #612 of 1,054
Feb 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #614 of 1,054
Hey guys, I've been enjoying my Amperiors for for almost a year now and periodically the right cup's sound will cut out. If I fiddle with the cord near the cup a bit and shake it, it will come back on. Sounds like it's a loose connection or possibly bad soldering? I got the cans refurbished, so warranty is a no-go. Anyone have any advice on what I should look for when trying to fix? Thanks!

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #615 of 1,054
Ya the lower cables are very thin. The ipod cable comes with a straight plug and the other a angled one.. I don't like that mine didn't come with a case for them.. I'm not really complaining for the price.. But if I had of paid 300 bucks I would be complaining for sure.. No case grrr. Lol the dude from inner fidelity said the plug was too big for some phone cases.. Mine are small and fit no problem.. Maybe they changed the plug.. Anyways I'm happy with the sound.. Is it reference?? No but still sounds good for on the go Ya know. I'm very happy.. I'm kinda actually shocked how well these sound..

Yeah, I change the iDevice cable too. It's quite heavy and a street headphone shouldn't got mic control IMO. In my case, no issue with plug for both... And the sound, happily happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back