Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #587 of 1,054
For me, HD25 is like AK47 and HD26 is like M16. I hope you know what I mean.
beerchug.gif

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #588 of 1,054
Jan 30, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #590 of 1,054
Was really curious about the HD26 until I got a good look at them...

the radio sportscaster at a basketball game I went to recently was wearing them... man, those things are too cumbersome looking. I mean I guess it looked okay on him because he's sitting at a table with a bunch of broadcast equipment, but to wear those anywhere but in that type of setting? yuck!

on the other hand, the new HD8's look SWWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #591 of 1,054
you mean the m16 is more accurate and reliable, right?

I think it is the other way round, if you are familiar with gun history. AK47 is the work horse of automatic rifles, you dump it into sea, mud, ice, pick it up and it will shoot, no jams; where as the original M16 is more accurate, deadly with the 5.56 rounds, but can jam pretty easily (not the modern generations of M16 and alike).

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #592 of 1,054
I just realized that all I need to do to rotate the cup is pull out the whole thing. LoL... Slowpoke.

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #593 of 1,054

I think it is the other way round, if you are familiar with gun history. AK47 is the work horse of automatic rifles, you dump it into sea, mud, ice, pick it up and it will shoot, no jams; where as the original M16 is more accurate, deadly with the 5.56 rounds, but can jam pretty easily (not the modern generations of M16 and alike).

as you can see I know very little about weapons, thanks for clearing that up.  Interesting Wiki page comparing the two.

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #594 of 1,054
Man, I'm loving these Amperiors. The soundstage is awesome for a relatively small on-ear and the comfort is as well. Compared to the DT1350, I think the Beyers are "techincally" better because they have a clearer sound with more resolution and less perceived resonance & distortion yet I prefer the Amperiors, mostly because of the better soundstage and better comfort. The extra bass kick is nice as well. The Amperior's build is perfect; virtually indestructible yet lightweight and the split headband doesn't snag your hair the way the DT1350's do. The metal build of the DT1350 feels and looks higher-end but I don't feel like I can give them the kind of punishment I can give the Amperiors. I'm all about function over form and the Amperior/HD25 is another perfectly utilitarian German design IMO. I do like them both but the Amperior clearly wins out for me, overall.

DT1350 = technically better
Amperior = actually better

biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #595 of 1,054
Man, I'm loving these Amperiors. The soundstage is awesome for a relatively small on-ear and the comfort is as well. Compared to the DT1350, I think the Beyers are "techincally" better because they have a clearer sound with more resolution and less perceived resonance & distortion yet I prefer the Amperiors, mostly because of the better soundstage and better comfort. The extra bass kick is nice as well. The Amperior's build is perfect; virtually indestructible yet lightweight and the split headband doesn't snag your hair the way the DT1350's do. The metal build of the DT1350 feels and looks higher-end but I don't feel like I can give them the kind of punishment I can give the Amperiors. I'm all about function over form and the Amperior/HD25 is another perfectly utilitarian German design IMO. I do like them both but the Amperior clearly wins out for me, overall.

DT1350 = technically better
Amperior = actually better

:D

I wish I had the same perception, I don't feel the Amperior have soundstage, like at all. The sound is not as wide as maybe the M80, but I prefer it that way anyway. I mainly use them when commuting so they're just perfect for that cause isolation is way better than every other headphone I've heard, plus I love the sound signature. I'm still waiting for a low profile over the ear with similar sound signature than the Amperior.

Jan 31, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #597 of 1,054
  I also wouldn't agree in saying that the Amperior has good soundstage. Instead, I do believe that they have good sense of imaging and instrument separation.

Same, I thought Amperior didn't have much soundstage; it was very monitor-y. I bought a Phiaton MS400 at the same time I bought my Amperior and the Phiatons had much better soundstage depth.

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #598 of 1,054
Maybe I'm just used to the DT1350. No question about it, the Amperior is a big improvement over the DT1350 in soundstage size. The soundstages on my DT235 and K422 are only slightly better, if at all, which was impressive as those two have pretty good stages for on-ears. Don't get me wrong, the Amperior is still a small closed on-ear, and that's obvious when you're listening to them. Nevertheless, the soundstage was impressive for me.

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #600 of 1,054
Just picked up a pair of amperior s yesterday at best buy for 119.00plus tax.. I haven't used them much yet but from what I've heard it's probably the best 119.00 bucks I've ever spent.. I love an aggressive headphone... These sound amazing.. For almost any price.. I did say almost rite? Lol very happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back