Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #571 of 1,054
  Personally, HD25 is very good with amplifier (with my Arrow 3G or ibasso DX50) and the Amperior is made for all the regular mobile device (phone, mp3 player and pad). 
beyersmile.png

I think the Amperior also scales up pretty well with an amp. When comparing between the Amperior connected to my Ipod Classic and to my Fiio E10, sound is obviously better on the E10. When paired with the Ipod Classic, the sound is kind of congested and lacking depth. Or maybe the Ipod Classic just has bad synergy with the Amperiors, I'm not sure.

Jan 26, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #573 of 1,054
  1) I bought 2 cases from Ebay for my Sennheiser hd 25 and amperior, the headphone fits perfectly in the case. Or you have the option to buy the carry bag. 
Here is the link: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hard-Storage-Case-Box-Bag-For-HD25-HD-25-1-HD25-1ii-HD25SP-Headphones-Headsets-/251296154533?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cases_Covers_Skins&var=&hash=item3a826b03a5

2) For the cable, you may consider to buy Oyaide HPC-HD25, but I think you need also to buy HD-25 headphones Cable Clamp if you dont want to rotate your ear cup. You should do more research before to buy these, because I dont own these so I cant garanty to you that it will fit 100% with amperior.
Here is the link for climp:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-Sennheiser-HD-25-headphones-Cable-Clamp-set-includes-screws-/131099032172?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item1e861c7a6c
Here is the link for cable:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=oyaide+hd25&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XOyaide+HPC-HD25&_nkw=Oyaide+HPC-HD25&_sacat=0

I hope these may help you for your need.

Wow, thank you and that's nice... That's should do it in case I can found something better (harder). But it's not a hard case right? Seems like the same with my HD 600 case. As for the cable, if HD 25 cable are compatible with Amperior, I found a coil and straight cable replacement:

Straight:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-HD25-HD-25-1-Replacement-Copper-Cable-1-5m-Straight-/111159255083?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item19e19ba02b

Coiled:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-HD25-HD-25-1-Replacement-Copper-Cable-Coiled-1m-Extends-to-3m-/111035084310?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item19da34ee16

Price gap about $40-50 from the custom cable that you recommended. I just wondering if the replacement cable, will make the sound better or worst. I haven't measured the stock cable for Amperior but seems like they're 3mm thick. That stock cable really attractive. Hmmm...

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #574 of 1,054
1) You are right, its not a hard case. But I think its good enough to protect your headphone in your bag.(If you dont sit on it lol)

2) For the cable, Oyaide is a well know japanese company, and all their cable is made in japan I believe. So if I were you I will choose Oyaide. 

I found an impression of Oyaide hd25 from a headfier:

here is the link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/163153/hd25-1-appreciation-thread/2040

Ok, first impressions of the Oyaide cable after approx 30 mins of listening. Please note, these notes are more objective than comparative, as my old cable was a bastardised stock cable which I'd cut, joined, added new connectors etc, and was worn out, so I can't directly compare it to stock, but will go off what I remember. Headphones are approximately 5-6 years old too, so have well and truly burned in. Also, I'm terrible at describing what I hear, I'm no good at the audiophile language.

I listened to a variety of stuff from Deadmau5, to Johnny Cash, to Billy Joel, to Bloc Party, Dave Brubeck, and other stuff. Most was 320kb/s MP3 or FLAC, played through a Samsung Galaxy Note II.

Overall, the HD25 and HPC-HD25 combo does everything right. Still has the deep, tight punchy bass. High end seems to be more 'tamed' than what I remember from the stock cable, no sibilance or harsh treble. On the Johnny Cash acoustic tracks, his voice is very crisp, and the pick can be heard on the guitar strings.

Deadmau5 sounded great, very strong and controlled bass, synths sounded awesome.

A worthy upgrade from the ruined cable I was using, possibly a worthy upgrade over the stock standard steel cable, especially for the lovely compact mini-jack. All the connectors appear to be of a very high quality, they don't look like they will break easily. Cable fits perfectly in the stock recess in the headband, length is perfect, and the connectors in the cups fit very snug and positively. 

My only slight criticism is the cable does not quite have the same 'rubbery' feel of the stock one, it's very slightly stiff and seems like it could get twisted. It kind of feels like figure 8 cable. It'll probably soften up a bit over time though, so it's not a worry for me. Definitely not something to stop me buying it though.

Colours are awesome, gives a nice bit of life to a dull looking pair of cans, if that is of any concern to anyone :D

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #575 of 1,054
  1) You are right, its not a hard case. But I think its good enough to protect your headphone in your bag.(If you dont sit on it lol)

2) For the cable, Oyaide is a well know japanese company, and all their cable is made in japan I believe. So if I were you I will choose Oyaide. 

I found an impression of Oyaide hd25 from a headfier:

here is the link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/163153/hd25-1-appreciation-thread/2040

Thank you very much. I manage to find photo for Oyaide cable attached to the headphone. I think the cable can be re-route on Amperior head band too. Just thinking should I order from ebay or Singapore.

http://www.oyaide.com/audio/audio-products/cn88/HPC-HD25.html

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #576 of 1,054
http://www.jetliveaudio.com/index.php?mo=28&id=993544

Oyaide HPC-HD25
Replacement cable for Sennheiser HD25-1, HD25-1 II, HD25 Originals, Amperior

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #577 of 1,054
In my opinion, you should try to buy from your local dealer, because its more easy for exchange or return. 
beerchug.gif
 (Maybe you can post a photo of your amperior with oyaide cable after you bought it. 
beyersmile.png
)

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #578 of 1,054
  In my opinion, you should try to buy from your local dealer, because its more easy for exchange or return. 
beerchug.gif
 (Maybe you can post a photo of your amperior with oyaide cable after you bought it. 
beyersmile.png
)

Too bad, no local dealer. Oyaide cable is exceed my budget since I'm going to change my HD 600 cable too. I hate long cable. Even if I buy the coiled cable, I still need to get from Ebay UK. I try to get the cable from Taobao China, it's China version of Ebay. The shipping is cheaper. The nearest Oyaide dealer is Singapore. Hmmm, that silver cable caught my attention.

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #579 of 1,054
Picked some of these up last week as they where cheap! got them for 120$ Canadian at Best Buy. Great sounding headphones. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #581 of 1,054
  How would you guys compare the Amperior to the Momentum over-ear as far as comfort, durability and sound quality goes?

Meant on-ear, but also how do either of these compare to the VMODA M-80? I'm pretty much stuck between all 3 of those. Will be using with exercise and at home until I can get a full size headphone.

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #583 of 1,054
  Meant on-ear, but also how do either of these compare to the VMODA M-80? I'm pretty much stuck between all 3 of those. Will be using with exercise and at home until I can get a full size headphone.

Amperior vs VMODA M-80:

I tried M-80 in Apple store, direct from my phone and demo ipod. I will say M80 is nothing compared to Amperior. I just list the downside:
- Not as clean as Amperior. I'm not a bass head.
- Heavy than Amperior.
- Way uncomfortable than Amperior (Heavy and small earcup).
- Too bassy compared to Amperior. While some people claim that HD 600 is bass light, I think that HD 600 is my perfect bass.
- iDevice friendly with mic etc. (I never use this, android fan.)

The only good thing about M80 is better cable build and attractive design for some people. AS for me, I prefer less catchy design, such as Amperior or DT 1350.

I listened to many type of music, and Amperior have no problem even though they labelled as a DJ headphone, and design for on street. A tad bassy compared to HD 600, but in a good way. The only problem for Amperior for me is I can't wear my glasses on, unlike DT 1350 which is more comfy IMO. But, DT 1350 sound too, flat perhaps so I don't like it. However, I still searching for portable over ear headphone which is on par or better than Amperior. On ear always uncomfortable for me. Hehe...

YMMV. :wink:

Jan 29, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #585 of 1,054
  Thats incredible.. How are they goin for so cheap ??? !!!

I'm pretty sure that Sennheiser discontinued them so there clearing out stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back