SENNHEISER 598 THREAD
Dec 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

65dos

100+ Head-Fier
whether to buy sennheiser 598? is there a better product in this price range? I'll listenfrom your PC, I have no sound card. I listen to rock, post-rock, classic rock, shoegaez, post-punk, jazz, blues, classical music

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 10
really curious about this too.
I want to get this for myself for xmas or the ultrasone 780.
im just waiting for some reviews

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 10

I believe that in that price range, a pair of Fostex T50rp would suit you better. They are around 240 USD and they sound very nice and very natural for most music. They are semi-open electrostatic headphones, not dynamic ones so you should find them have a more natural sound. When i heard them for the first time, it just appeared to me as if the sound just came out from the air. 
Quote:
whether to buy sennheiser 598? is there a better product in this price range? I'll listenfrom your PC, I have no sound card. I listen to rock, post-rock, classic rock, shoegaez, post-punk, jazz, blues, classical music

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #5 of 10
The T50rp is electrostatic? I personally haven't heard them, but they are in the same cheap plastic housing that the 595/555 are in and those sound like they are in plastic. There is no way I would pay $250. I would buy the M50 before I would buy the 598. For what its worth, it has the same frequency graph as the 595, so they couldn't have changed much. Try to find something else.

Quote:
I believe that in that price range, a pair of Fostex T50rp would suit you better. They are around 240 USD and they sound very nice and very natural for most music. They are semi-open electrostatic headphones, not dynamic ones so you should find them have a more natural sound. When i heard them for the first time, it just appeared to me as if the sound just came out from the air. 
Quote:

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #7 of 10
If the 598 is like the 595, it has tight, punchy bass.

Quote:
Are they any frequency response graphs for the TP50RP or other models? I would prefer them to the 598's which have the typical loose bloated bass.

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 10
Dec 24, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #10 of 10
Or the 650 for $328. But in any case the jury's not in on this phone yet; there hasn't even been a professional review, has there? Let's hold our horses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back