Sennheiser 518 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50s vs V-Moda Crossfade LP?
Nov 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I have a option to get one of these three headphones which one is the best choice in terms of sound quality, noise cancelling and a bit of comfort?

Heya,

The HD518 is an open air headphone. Read it's description. Zero isolation (no sound cancelling). Note, that sound cancelling requires an active power source for a headphone designed to do that. What you're looking for is passive isolation. The HD518 lacks it completely. So scratch this off your list.

The M50 and Vmoda LP are very similar headphones. Similar sound quality (which is fairly mediocre), similar passive isolation (which is decent), comfort is very subjective, so I'll just say average (the LP clamped fairly hard though). Both of these headphones are over priced frankly. The good thing about them is that they're made well, good build quality, solid construction. But everything else about them is pretty average. If you can get them $80, maybe worth while (and $50 for the Vmoda maybe). More than that, and I would suggest different headphones entirely.

Honestly I wouldn't buy any of those three headphones.

But I guess it depends on your budget, and where you're buying from, and why you're limited to those three options.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back