sennhaiser HD650 degradation in sound after 10 months
Apr 1, 2011 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ninoni

New Head-Fier
 i have these headphones for 10 months now and just recently i started to hear degradation in sound , they are not as richful and fullbodied as they been 1 month ago and some high sounds become harsh just like old blown up speaker i opened them up but they look like new,  earpads are little squashed and i know that i pull cable few times acidently or step on it but i never pulled it out of headphones , i think maybee cable or velour pads need replacement , can anybody help ?  Thank You

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #2 of 7
Have you tried them in a different source/amp?  Headphones, if cared for, can and do last decades.  It seems more likely that their is a problem with your source amp.  Electronic components are much more prone to failure and have a shorter lifespan than hp drivers typically.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 7
thank you cswann1 for quick respond , last four hours i tried to listen to them directly from cd player, pc and trough both outs on headamp
and its same, but when i pull them apart with my hands few milimeters from my ears i get that sound i like on them again so it has to be earpads i hope , mids are same but lows are much muddier and higs are more harsh but when i pull them apart a little they get back to normal clean and rich , i am ordering new earpads now hope that will help , thank you cswann1 one more time
cheers
ninoni  

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 7
OK I'm glad it's not your electronics.  The distance of the drivers from your ears can have a significant effect on the overall sound.

If you're ear pads are worn and flattened then new ones should fix the issue.

I see you are in Croatia.  My favorite classical guitarist is Croatian, I'm sure you know who I mean.  She does Asturias like no other guitarist ever has,  even better than Segovia and Williams in my opinion.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
do you think about ana vidović, she is great   

Ana is absolutely phenomenal.   I had the great pleasure of seeing her perform at the Guitar Foundation of America 2010 Conference and Competition in Austin last year.  She conveys such emotion through her playing while maintaining the precision of a Swiss watch.  If ever she is within a days drive of my home I'll be seeing her again.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #7 of 7
I cleaned earpads and unsquashed them with my fingers and then leaved them on fresh air for whole day , they are like new again and thick but sound is still very grainy in in mid highs and highs and harsh sound can be heard on hihats , cymbals and some guitar sounds , while bass and vocals are great. Could it be cable ? anyone had similar problems , and it was bc of the cable ? 
I send mail to sennhaiser support about it couse i dont have any senn. service in my country.
Hope they find solution.     

Users who are viewing this thread

Back