Senn Woodies? (Headphile wooden cups for Sennheiser HD600 / HD650)
Apr 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

amcananey

Forever a 500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone here tried out the Senn Woodies from Headphile.com? I have a pair of HD600s that I absolutely love, and I've been considering getting a pair of wooden cups for them, but I want to be sure it will result in an improvement in sound. I'm looking at the closed cups (either standard or deep), not the screen version.

Here is my issue: I used to think that the only fault the HD600s had was not enough bass impact. But then I got a Woo Audio WA6 and a SinglePower MPX3. With either amp, the HD600s are simply transformed and have bass impact to spare. In light of that fact, I'm wondering whether the closed wooden cups wouldn't either (a) be overkill, or (b) be detrimental to the sound.

Does anyone here have experience? If so, I'd be graeful for your thoughts (including on which wood is a good match to the slightly odd color of the HD600s).

Thanks!
Adam

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Has anyone here tried out the Senn Woodies from Headphile.com? I have a pair of HD600s that I absolutely love, and I've been considering getting a pair of wooden cups for them, but I want to be sure it will result in an improvement in sound. I'm looking at the closed cups (either standard or deep), not the screen version.

Here is my issue: I used to think that the only fault the HD600s had was not enough bass impact. But then I got a Woo Audio WA6 and a SinglePower MPX3. With either amp, the HD600s are simply transformed and have bass impact to spare. In light of that fact, I'm wondering whether the closed wooden cups wouldn't either (a) be overkill, or (b) be detrimental to the sound.

Does anyone here have experience? If so, I'd be graeful for your thoughts (including on which wood is a good match to the slightly odd color of the HD600s).

Thanks!
Adam

Hi Adam,

I have heard woody Senns. The wood does improve the sound but for the price I think you would be better off getting FA-002W's or some modified T50RP's like the Thunderpants.

Also, keep in mind that the added wood adds a lot of weight to the headphones. Light colored woods look best on the HD600's IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back