Senn upgrade or RS2?
Apr 6, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #31 of 34
Maybe they just dont like Grado in general
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by makasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One more thing, why do the RS2s get such a terrible review on headphonereviews.org?
Should I be concerned?
It scores much lower than I expected, especially for a $500 part.

Apr 6, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #32 of 34
You just wait what you may think after you have heard RS2
wink.gif

Quote:

Damn, after A/B'ing my 225s and 650s for the past couple of days, I can definately see why the senns are classified as 'boring' comparatively to grado. On the same song, I nod my head with the senns, but on the grados, I go into full on dangerous headbanging.

Apr 6, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #33 of 34
Haha yeah! I cant freaking wait dude, I have almost abandoned my 650s because I just wanna hear some grado sound before i get some sexy mahogany ears.

Apr 6, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Damn, after A/B'ing my 225s and 650s for the past couple of days, I can definately see why the senns are classified as 'boring' comparatively to grado. On the same song, I nod my head with the senns, but on the grados, I go into full on dangerous headbanging.

This is fun! One nice thing about having two pairs of opposites phones is the ability to look at tunes from two different directions! I did have a funny thing happen about two days ago. I bought a new/old "Doors" CD and it turns out that the thing is recorded so brightly that it came out sounding harsh on my MS2i. It sounds great on my HD600s though! But yeah, the Grado sound sure is a good one for unrestrained head bobbing at that! The only problem I have with my MS2i is that I had to train myself to head bob side to side, and transfer some of the energy to foot stomping. The aluminum cans are so heavy that they'd fly all the way across the room if the cable didn't stop them!

As far as why the RS-2 can get a bad review ANYWHERE is a surprise to me too. I have not actually heard them, but my impression is that they have a fairly strong family resemblance to my MS2i. An nobody doesn't like THEM!(heh heh heh) But yeah; I guess not everyone is a fan of the overall Grado sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back