Senheiser IE 600 impressions and discussion.
Oct 4, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #47 of 91
I sent mine back with just the earphones and cable in the original box. I finally got a brand new boxed set last Thursday. Also remember to enclose your proof of purchase for it to be repaired/replaced under warranty.
Haha well they received my set on Monday and returned them immediately and I got them back today saying they can't process my repair/replacement because I didn't include all accessories. So I just sent them back today. Hopefully sending a replacement is as fast as sending me them back!

Oct 5, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #48 of 91
IE600-vs-A8000.jpg

My joint-review of both the IE600s and A8000s is available here if you're interested in reading.

Oct 6, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #50 of 91
I’m after some advice, but allow me to first say how impressed I am with the IE 600 IEMs… so impressed in fact, I am beginning to ignore my headcans.

My listening situation is the bedroom and my library is, generally speaking, folk-rock and blues, and very little metal, rap or EDM. I like to switch from in-ear to headphones mainly for comfort, even while the IE600s are vert comfortable, but I also enjoy the headphone stage.

My Shure SRH1540 headphones are an easy and comfortable listen, but they are no where near as fun, intimate or engaging as are the IE600s. Therefore, over the next 6 months, and while I save up some money, I want to research and find another pair of headcans. I’m also remote and don’t have access to firsthand auditioning, so I have to rely on peers and reviews that include comparisons.

Price: less than $1k USD
Closed back for bedroom
Tuning similar to IE600, but not strictly
Relatively efficient (altho my amp can provide 1.5W SE)
Insignificant response or need for balanced

I thought this would be the best place to ask… Please advise… and thanks!

Edit… I forgot to mention… I’m no bass-head or air-head, but if the sub-bass or the air is there, I want to hear it

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #51 of 91
hello all! I'm a new IE600 owner and I am having a little issue. The first set I got had faulty connections so I returned them and got a new pair and while the connections on these are solid I'm noticing that these IEMs are suprisingly more difficult to drive compared to my other single DDs which are lower sensitivity. I have the Tripowin Olina and the Penon Vortex and both of those need about 60% the voltage to hit the same listening volume compared to the IE600.
Has anyone noticed this as well or do I possibly have yet another faulty pair?

Feb 13, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #52 of 91
Got these today at B&H. They were $699 last week and $599 this week.

Been jamming with them for an hour, and these are quite nice. Definitely more on the fun sounding tip but still with very good detail retrieval. On some songs the mids do sound a bit more recessed for me than I'd like by a little bit, on others it's perfect. The bass is absolutely lovely on most tracks, though I hope the mids come through a bit more after some burn-in. But these are some toe-tapping IEM's for sure. Love the size of these, they just disappear into my ears. Super comfy. No EQ needed either. Still have to have fun tip rolling. Usually I don't like any stock Senn tips for their True Wireless so I need to start messing around. But these sound good with the stock silicone ones which is a new one for me and Senn IEM.

Excited to get the Null Audio cable because I hate memory wire. I don't think those have them.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #53 of 91
Got these today at B&H. They were $699 last week and $599 this week.

Been jamming with them for an hour, and these are quite nice. Definitely more on the fun sounding tip but still with very good detail retrieval. On some songs the mids do sound a bit more recessed for me than I'd like by a little bit, on others it's perfect. The bass is absolutely lovely on most tracks, though I hope the mids come through a bit more after some burn-in. But these are some toe-tapping IEM's for sure. Love the size of these, they just disappear into my ears. Super comfy. No EQ needed either. Still have to have fun tip rolling. Usually I don't like any stock Senn tips for their True Wireless so I need to start messing around. But these sound good with the stock silicone ones which is a new one for me and Senn IEM.

Excited to get the Null Audio cable because I hate memory wire. I don't think those have them.

Couldn’t agree more … fun and engaging…

Regarding ear tips… my personal experience found these very sensitive to their orientation in the inner ear. I found the Spinfit “swivel” technology mitigated that better than any other design, and good isolation as well… finally settling in with the CP100+ tips

Feb 13, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #54 of 91
Couldn’t agree more … fun and engaging…

Regarding ear tips… my personal experience found these very sensitive to their orientation in the inner ear. I found the Spinfit “swivel” technology mitigated that better than any other design, and good isolation as well… finally settling in with the CP100+ tips

I do have some spinfits somewhere. I changed to one of my personal favorite tips, the medium Auvios, and these sound more well rounded now. I have a couple pairs of Azla's coming soon too to try. But yeah, these are definitely fun and engaging and it can only get better.

I still don't know why IEM makers are still in love with memory wire ear hooks. Don't most of us dislike that?

Feb 13, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #55 of 91
Holy crap these are really good IEM's, haven't stopped listening to them for the last four hours. I am really surprised this thread is so small. I've thrown every kind of music I like at them and they are just killing it with these Auvio tips, danced through my apartment numerous times on the way to the fridge or to do something. Mostly through the BTR7 with APTX HD, but a little bit through my little Meizu pro dongle.

I had the Meze Rai Penta's for a bit. And while yes those were definitely more detailed, they just didn't have this kind of engaging sound if you like a little more on the lower end. I do think the Rai Penta's with a boost on the low end with the DD to go along with the 4 BA's would be end game, but these IE600 are nuts for $600 and a single little DD.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #57 of 91
May 1, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #60 of 91
Hi, as a happy owner of Sennhy ie600 I ask if any of you have had a chance to compare them to Custom Art Fiabae 5.
I would be tempted to uprade Sennhy,but I'm not sure it's so striking improvement 🧐

Users who are viewing this thread

Back