Senheiser IE 600 impressions and discussion.
Jul 13, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #31 of 91
@shiftywxm I owned the IE300 and upgraded to the IE600 without any regrets. The balance between bass and mids is much better on the IE600 in my opinion. Overall it is providing a better perception of details and "clarity". The bass is still mighty and it remains to be a fun sound signature like the IE300, not a neutral one. I could use the IE600 without EQ, the IE300 not.

If you look at the FR comparion, you may try to EQ your IE300 to the IE600 to have a sneak preview if you like... :)

https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/?share=IEF_Neutral_Target,IE300,IE600
@Big In Japan, Thanks for the reply. Think I will try the EQ'ing, but I think I may be pulling the trigger on a purchase.

Jul 13, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #32 of 91
I agree with big in japan. The IE300 had sibliance issues. The IE600 doesn't. The treble is still spicy but with a dip in the sibliance region before it climbs up. The IE300 is spicy and sibliant.

Jul 23, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #33 of 91
I purchased mine this week and have been tremendously impressed, particularly with the form factor which is outstanding. Sonically they’re also marvellous.

Jul 26, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #34 of 91
just tested ie600 lent for review, it is...... amazing.... and my demo got a perfect channel match! great QC sennheiser
https://aftersound.squig.link/?share=SENNHEISER_IE600_AET08

simply said.. they are the most complete sounding DD iem that i've ever heard.... even more balance than the IE900, complete from the really low notes, well balanced mid, and extended sparkly treble.. while maintaining natural timbre... wow wow wow

Aug 8, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #35 of 91
I’m keeping an eye for these as I watched the interview with the IE600 designer and seems that they are tuned more like a loudspeaker, which is my preference for music listening IEMs.

How easy are these to drive on a mobile phone? Thinking of picking one up to complement my IER-Z1R which I use more with a dedicated amp.

Aug 10, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #37 of 91
So I’ve picked up the IE600 today on a sale. Testing it over the balanced cable through the TAZH1ES on low gain.

Early impressions (1hr)

They indeed appear to be tuned towards a ‘loudspeaker’ like listening experience. Never feels closed in and has a very natural decay.

With the right recording really sounds like you’re live in the studio or concert hall. In many ways this sounds like a younger brother to the Sony IER-Z1R, with a little less bass but also less bass complexity.

It’s party piece to me is how well it reproduces violins and cellos.

Still early days, but this is 80% of a IER-Z1R at 1/2 price. Maybe the best DD IEM out there?

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #38 of 91
Getting the vibe that the IE600 has some of the sonic characteristics of the Focal Clear, in terms of sounding more like loudspeakers than normal headphones. Are these IEMs really that dynamic? I know they’re tuned differently being IEMs, but just in terms of character, IEM Clears would just be the best thing ever.

Aug 12, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #39 of 91
I've had to send my IE600's in to Sennheiser UK for a warranty repair. When putting them in my ears, the right hand side seemed to cause suction in my ear rather than sealing and equalising the pressure via the vent. This caused virtually no sound in the right ear. It also meant that the right hand side was quieter than the left hand side. I could replicate this issue when I used the right earpiece in my left ear (not an easy task to do or comfortable!LOL).

Has anyone had any experience with the Sennheiser UK repair process? So far, I'm not impressed. I created the repair requested and sent them off with the supplied shipping label (had to pay for shipping). However, there is no way to track the repair on their website. Their online chat is useless as the bot can't recognise a request to track the repair and there are never any agents free to connect to. So far, the emails I have sent have not been replied to as well.

I'm just hoping that at some point I'll see my IE600's again! :thinking:

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #40 of 91
Paired the IE600 with an Astell and Kern portable HC2 DAC dongle so that I can run it off higher gain and balanced cable on iPhone. Feels like more dynamic bandwidth now and volume headroom.

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #42 of 91
After a few days with IE600, here's my brief impression (disclaimer: I'm very sensitive to sibilance)

To my ears, out of my DAP i.e. N8ii, this is a good IEM, energetic, mids are more present than IE900, but I do find the lower treble sibilant (please read my disclaimer above). The torture test for my sibilance test is Patricia Barber's Clique album. If a headphone or IEM passes this test, then there's a big chance that I will like it.

However, when I connected the IE600 to my desktop Manley 300B preamp (which has headphones out, with a relatively low power output of only 1000 mW or 1 watt, comparable to Hiby R8 for example), the IE600 is transformed from a good IEM, to an amazing one. Bass is very authoritative, mids are way more seductive, and the sibilance is totally gone. It's a very transparent but smooth sound. The overall sound can actually rival my oldie-but-goodie LCDi4, which I still regard as the best sounding IEM for my taste.

In the end, I will part with IE600, as for my portable setup with N8ii, the sound is just not what I prefer. I've decided to get Softears Turii Titanium, also a single DD, but with a tuning that I prefer (smooth, very transparent and very balanced, no sibilance, with great mids).

Please don't regard this as something that's degrading IE600, it is still a very good IEM and I'm sure a lot of people love the tuning. It's just not the one for me.

p.s. a picture of IE600 with the preamp. Amazing sound indeed.

29F6C734-B455-4D1F-9939-779EA333CE18.jpeg

Sep 26, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #43 of 91
Whelp, the right driver has died in my IE600s. Back to my IE900 I go. Anybody know what needs to be sent in with a warranty repair? Should I send in with all accessories, or can I just send in the IEMs without tips or a cable? Thanks!

Sep 26, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #44 of 91
Whelp, the right driver has died in my IE600s. Back to my IE900 I go. Anybody know what needs to be sent in with a warranty repair? Should I send in with all accessories, or can I just send in the IEMs without tips or a cable? Thanks!
I sent mine back with just the earphones and cable in the original box. I finally got a brand new boxed set last Thursday. Also remember to enclose your proof of purchase for it to be repaired/replaced under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back