Senheiser IE 600 impressions and discussion.
May 20, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #16 of 91
15 minutes after posting the IE 600 cable had an issue, It fixed itself and I felt foolish as all hell.
Oh well, I will still do the cable roll for both cables and both Senn IEMs

May 21, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #17 of 91
Mine should be here tomorrow - looking forward to giving them a whirl. It was a toss up between these and the 900’s but most reviewers seem to prefer the 600’s. Main comparison will be against the IER-Z1R and to a lesser extent the IE300’s (not really sure they’ll get much use moving forward with these)

Edit: Got them! They arrived at the same time as my Fostex TH909 so going to fighting for ear time, but initial impression after 30mins is that these are something special.

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #19 of 91
Received a windfall, and I had to options for upgrading my listening pleasure… (1) update the power going to my IEMs via replacing my L&P W2-131 with a DAP (e.g., HiBy R5 gen2)… or (2) purchase another IEM set to an endgame or add to my collection with a hybrid…

I chose to keep the L&P dongle and go with an endgame IEM that it shouldn’t have any problem with driving… the Sennheiser IE 600. I’ll let you know if I end up looking back…

May 25, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #22 of 91
I’m surprised a phone isn’t enouth to drive the IE600s, but some are not, I suppose. What are you comparing it to? Are you sourcing from the phone’s 3.5MM SE, or are you using a dongle?
I have a pixel 3 and an apple USB-C to 3.5 mm dongle. My phone's USB connection is a bit worn out at this point and drops connection easily. Comparing to the headphone jack of my MacBook Pro, which just sounds much better imo. IIRC, felt the same when I had the Andromeda 2020s.

May 29, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #23 of 91
I’ve had my IE 600s for a couple days now, and I’m really happy with them so far. I really like slightly greater emphasis I hear on vocals compared to the IE 300.

I’ve seen some reports from people finding them fatiguing compared to the 300s, which honestly I feel none of.

Jun 11, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #24 of 91
IE 600 incoming. Hope to be able to scale down my collection and really enjoyed the IE 300...
Are you guys using the stock tips or something else? The ones included with the IE 300 gave me no seal.

Jun 11, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #25 of 91
Stock here - the Large foam ones. Ordered an additional 6 pairs as they fit perfectly for me.

Jun 26, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #26 of 91
I`m in the IE600 club too now :) To me they are almost perfect for an everyday&everywhere IEM:

- Detailed and visceral sound. Simply a "fun" sound signature, but still on a high technical level. Nothing is really lacking here.
- The elevated bass and treble region make them sound great outside whith many environmental noises or at lower listening levels.
- They seems to very built very sturdy
- The susceptibility to wind is low. You can even use them on a bike without too much wind noises. (same is true for the 300)
- They are sooo small... Therefore very comfortable to wear over hours

Bought a custom cable, because I really hated the original one. (it`s really a pain in the back if you wear glasses...and the microphonics... :confounded:)

Really happy now!

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #28 of 91
I'm thinking of getting a pair of these in addition to my set of IE300's which are my current daily listen. Does anyone have both the IE300 and the IE600? If so, are you able to give me some idea on the tuning differences? Also, some reviewers have suggested that the IE600 is quite sibilant but then others don't comment on it - any thoughts?

Thanks

Jul 13, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #30 of 91
@shiftywxm I owned the IE300 and upgraded to the IE600 without any regrets. The balance between bass and mids is much better on the IE600 in my opinion. Overall it is providing a better perception of details and "clarity". The bass is still mighty and it remains to be a fun sound signature like the IE300, not a neutral one. I could use the IE600 without EQ, the IE300 not.

If you look at the FR comparion, you may try to EQ your IE300 to the IE600 to have a sneak preview if you like... :)

https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/?share=IEF_Neutral_Target,IE300,IE600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back