Sending in my hd580 for repair..
Jul 27, 2002 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

anishbenji

New Head-Fier
My hd580 has developed a loose connection somewhere along the cable to the right side ear-piece.
frown.gif

I know its in the cable and/or connector because even if I switch them around (i.e. right connector in the left driver etc) I still get the loose connection on the right side (side with the red connector).
Anyway... I want to know what the general procedure is in sending in the headphone to Sennheiser for repair. I bought these from Jan less than year ago, so I believe the warranty is still valid.
Anish

Jul 27, 2002 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 11
HI: Call sennheiser usa and make arangements to send them in for repair. They will check out the whole headphone and fix what ever need to be fixed and send them back for free.

Jul 27, 2002 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 11
I have had cables go bad on my Sennheisers. Instead of the hassle and cost of sending the headphones back, you may want to talk to Sennheiser repair and suggest they send you a replacement cable first and see if that will fix you problem. Email me(tbonner1@hotmail.com) if you would like my experience on how to go about approaching them with this idea.

Jul 28, 2002 at 9:33 AM Post #5 of 11
Dear Anish,

I'm sorry to hear about your inconvenience with your phone, but any warranty repair indeed will be handled by Sennheiser USA. You find the address in the booklet that came with the phone. I'm sure they're most willing to help you out.

Cheers,

Jan

Jul 31, 2002 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 11
I ordered a replacement cable only a month or 2 ago; Sennheiser ships quickly and the price was VERY reasonable ($20 or so!) However, you might consider a cable upgrade; I just got the Cardas today and it sounds great.
PS: Just go to their website to order the Sennheiser cable.

Jul 31, 2002 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 11
anishbenji ,
Or find the replacement cables

here .

Purk

Jul 31, 2002 at 11:56 PM Post #9 of 11
If an HD580/600 cable costs $25 then the HD535 at $50-60 would represent an irresistable temptation, no? Then you would have the conundrum of owning two great sets of phones (one without a bass hump
tongue.gif
) but only one cable
eek.gif
. That's exactly the kind of situation that could have you reaching for the soldering iron and wondering why you didn't just do that in the first place.

evil_smiley.gif

Some companies make a living doing those kinds of dodgy backyard splice jobs. For a hundred bucks you ought to get a few metres of 1cm thick PCOCC speaker cable which would probably conduct pretty well.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 5, 2002 at 8:32 PM Post #10 of 11
umm, guys its not the cable. he just said that the problem is the same in the phone no matter which side of the cable he uses. Its in the little spring deal that the connector pushes into inside the phone that get stretched out or something.

I'm having the same problem with my HD600s and have been putting off sending them in, becuase if i unplug/plug the cord about 100 or so times the sound comes back... god knows what other kind of damage I'm adding with that process though.

Just got my ER4's though, so its just about time to revitilize my support request I made with senn back when... they have had quick response time with the email in my experience.

Aug 5, 2002 at 9:24 PM Post #11 of 11
Hi,
Kieth is selling his senn cable (new) for 15 dollars. Grab it!! Hopefully it has not been sold yet.

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back