Selling off your gear?
Jan 9, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My headphone gear is barely being used anymore. A lot of the things that got me into headphones no longer apply. I'm not in a small apartment anymore, and my new job includes more responsibilities so I don't have the luxury of zoning out with music and working on linear tasks anymore.

But at the same time I don't really need the money if I sold it all off...it wouldn't really make a big impact on my budget.

However, in general, I've been looking to simplify a bit. Having loads of wires and gear on my desk is taking up a ton of space, the EMU0404 argues with some games and apps...

What to do...what to do
smily_headphones1.gif

--Illah

I am in a similar boat, I haven't turned my lambdas on in over 5 weeks
eek.gif

I am thinking about turning my headphone setup into one of these.
biggrin.gif

270298.jpg

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am in a similar boat, I haven't turned my lambdas on in over 5 weeks
eek.gif

I am thinking about turning my headphone setup into one of these.
biggrin.gif

270298.jpg

Yeah, but I use one of those and Lambdas. I don't have any guitar stacks, I have a guitar Stax...
very_evil_smiley.gif

guitar_stax.jpg

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're such a tease
biggrin.gif

Tell me, was I the first to quietly PM you about the HF-1?
tongue.gif

Obviously there needs to be a sticky posted about the concept of calling "Dibs" for some of you. But from YOU Larry? Well I just expected more, that's all...
tongue.gif

V/r,
Scott

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #19 of 23
Damn! .. another HF-1 miss for me. :'(

You know that after you part with it, just when you thought you were all past it, it will sneak up and bite you again! Keep at least one setup for an ear trip down memory lane.
wink.gif

<.. goes back to hunting HF-1 tracks ..>

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #21 of 23
I can identify with you. My whole home rig is on eBay at the moment.

I just cannot spare the time to utilise it properly, and justify the amount invested. So I will buy a pair of Behringer MS40 speakers for my laptop to listen to music on. They have a 1/4 inch jack that I can plug my HD-280 Pro into if I need to avoid disturbing my housemate.

Haha, quite a step down in both price and quality, but then, I'm easily pleased so it should be fine.

I realised that I was making myself spend time listening because of my $2500 investment (same as my car virtually, come to think of it, a little ridiculous) in my head-fi rig, when I should have been doing other things.

I guess where your treasure is, there your heart will be, and this was my treasure. Well, no more. Come and bid if you want (eBay seller porschemad911).

It's funny, I will have traded down from a fancy car, fancy computer and fancy head-fi rig in the last year, and couldn't have more peace about it. I don't miss my car, or my computer, and I doubt I will miss my head-fi rig!

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #23 of 23
Sell it all and get a nice little portable rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back