Selling off your gear?
Jan 7, 2008 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Illah

1000+ Head-Fier
My headphone gear is barely being used anymore. A lot of the things that got me into headphones no longer apply. I'm not in a small apartment anymore, and my new job includes more responsibilities so I don't have the luxury of zoning out with music and working on linear tasks anymore.

But at the same time I don't really need the money if I sold it all off...it wouldn't really make a big impact on my budget.

However, in general, I've been looking to simplify a bit. Having loads of wires and gear on my desk is taking up a ton of space, the EMU0404 argues with some games and apps...

What to do...what to do
smily_headphones1.gif

--Illah

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 23
That's strange I was just thinking the other day how good a EMU0404 would look sat on my desk.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Also I have just opened a retirement home for unwanted headphone products
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My headphone gear is barely being used anymore. A lot of the things that got me into headphones no longer apply. I'm not in a small apartment anymore, and my new job includes more responsibilities so I don't have the luxury of zoning out with music and working on linear tasks anymore.

But at the same time I don't really need the money if I sold it all off...it wouldn't really make a big impact on my budget.

However, in general, I've been looking to simplify a bit. Having loads of wires and gear on my desk is taking up a ton of space, the EMU0404 argues with some games and apps...

What to do...what to do
smily_headphones1.gif

--Illah

I'll take the 650's. Just ship them to me C.O.D. for the shipping cost.
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What to do...what to do
smily_headphones1.gif

--Illah

Sell them and use the proceeds to fund your next hobby.
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #10 of 23
I was just thinking of buying an E-MU 0404. An attic upstairs (Part of the house that was never completed when it was purchased...) has now been turned into a room where a drumkit is now put. I was thinking how cool it would be to move the Yamaha DX7 synthesiser up there so that it could be used along with the drum kits, and plug it into the laptop via Midi. Sadly our laptop has no soundcard.

An E-MU 0404 would be perfect... Too bad they're like $300 here lol...

I'd say a giveaway would be perfect
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blutarsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude....
biggrin.gif

Sweet.

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #14 of 23
Not selling the HF-1's
biggrin.gif

Got a bunch of PMs about that...glad to hear they've appreciated a bit, but I think I'll hold onto them
wink.gif

And regarding the Pico comment...sounds crazy but that actually doesn't look too bad. Run a USB cable to a tiny amp and plug in the cans...simple. That might work a lot better and it could live quietly at my office or at home. I'm assuming it's a good piece of gear given the wait list on Headamp?

Right now I have an internal EMU0404 optical to a huge home-theater DAC, thick RCAs running to a Gilmore Lite, and my cans...and the associated power cables, filters, etc. It's a crapload of gear.

Then my former work setup which is just gathering dust (see sig). I actually use the HF-1's at home *sometimes* but the majority of it is just sitting there.

I even have a vintage NAD CD player I never use as well, haha. Might be time to clean house...

--Illah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back