Sellers remorse on high end equipment
Jun 27, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #16 of 31

It's only wrong if you think of what you're working towards as you are making the donation.
Quote:
There is nothing wrong even you have done it a few times....just make sure to clean your hands before reaching for the cans.

Jun 29, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #17 of 31
I sold and Miss my CAT SL1 MK11 preamp and my CJ Premier 11A and found Decware so I miss it less but I do miss it as it was my main amps for over 10 years. I sold a re-bought both the T1 and D7000 because i wanted to try them all and I did owning every flagship. I now have realized the two cans that make me most happy art the T1 an D7000 but it was fun. I have not missed any other headphones nor will I. i think you made a smart move to get a house and you will have the money again to find gear to make you happy. if not then look to buy them again.

Jun 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #18 of 31
I sometimes wish I'd kept my GS-1000. When I owned it, it was 1 of 4 pair of Grados and I preferred the RS-1 over the GS-1k. I think now that I have a different amp (WA-22) I might enjoy it a lot more. Maybe I'll bump into that combo at a meet.

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #19 of 31
For me, I think it would be either the GS1000 or D7000.  I was too finicky when I had these, but now that I've listened to more comparable headphones I'd definitely go back to one of the two.

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #20 of 31
I sold my ER-4P in January to buy the TF10. Boy was that a mistake! Then I traded the TF10 for the UM3X, and then traded the UM3X for another ER-4P. I guess it was okay in the end, as it made me realize just how good the ER-4 really is 
etysmile.gif

Jun 29, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #21 of 31

Quote:
I sold my ER-4P in January to buy the TF10. Boy was that a mistake! Then I traded the TF10 for the UM3X, and then traded the UM3X for another ER-4P. I guess it was okay in the end, as it made me realize just how good the ER-4 really is 
etysmile.gif

High end equipment?

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #22 of 31
Well, since no-one did it I'll play Fred Sanford for some of you guys after your sellers remorse "You, dummy!!" . & remember Joni Mitchell's line "Don't it always seem to go..you don't know what you've got till it's gone !" . I once sold an 800 lp collection because I was in money bind! Now that was painful! I had a lot of recordings that I have'nt been able to replace. Oh well ! We survived. The guy that mentioned the "sperm donations" You guys did'nt buy any headphones from him did you ?

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #23 of 31
mulveling is on his way over now to pick up my Koetsu Rosewood signiture platinum. It hasnt even left the arm yet And I'm having HUGE sellers remorse.  I hope i like the stone bodied platinums as much.

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #24 of 31
Grado PS-1

I just never really listened to it but once in a blue moon.  It was hard to rationalize owning a multi $$$$ headphone that sits in a drawer but man was it magical whenever I found the time to just sit and listen to it.

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #25 of 31

Quote:
mulveling is on his way over now to pick up my Koetsu Rosewood signiture platinum. It hasnt even left the arm yet And I'm having HUGE sellers remorse.  I hope i like the stone bodied platinums as much.

And I'm very appreciative of you granting me "dibs" on this cartridge! Honestly, there is a very strong family resemblance between all of these Koetsu Platinum carts. BUT, there are indeed some sonic differences between your RSP and the stone bodies. It's going to take some more time to fully sort those differences out - I've never been a "revelation at a moment's notice" sort of listener, and overall these carts are close-ish. Still, there seems to be a touch of extra midrange honey in this RSP, which of course I love dearly. The bass & treble, so far, may go to the stone bodies. There will be some more dialing-in for the future, as the cantilever deflection angle of the various Koetsus does differ (i.e. a different VTA setting may be optimal).  

I initially had a scare, with the left channel going out 3 seconds into first listen, but the issue seems to be localized to the headshell - I can see a short contact on this particular headshell; this had been an issue previously. Looks like I'll need to source an additional headshell plus some better quality leads (probably the Ortofon silver leads).

Here's a crappy photo I took of the mounted RSP with lighting provided by a laser+LED pen:

So it's a bit darker looking in real life - the wood lacquer is almost a dead-on match for my speakers...

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #26 of 31
No.  No regrets on selling and hardly any on buying, except for the LCD-2s, which are waiting for a solution if there is one.  I'm glad I kept my K-701s!

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #27 of 31
My only regret is selling the HE90 for a reasonable* price - apparently I could have hawked it on the 'gon for over 15k :p 

*reasonable is so subjective in this case :D

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #29 of 31
ahh... the pain. With pleasure comes pain. Good news for audiophiles in the 21st century. Dont sweat selling off the mega bucks stuff. China is cranking out some good **** for not much bucks, and with the progress of digital technology there have been equal progress from all companies foreign and domestic. Mucho good stuff in tubes from China. Class D and T are super sweat. Dont loose hope!

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #30 of 31
I would be very hard pressed to sell my K1000s. I know there's a plenty of them around, but some day these will go extinct :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back