Sell my headphones?
Jan 13, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #61 of 122
Yes, that is totally me. If there are any guys from Chiunify who want to speak out about the way I look - please feel free to do so.

Plus, I am an Engineering student. That means, when you get all techie and repair stuff I will totally understand. You would just need to understand my Sorority time obligations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by santiclaws /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, there's your answer. You can use your collection to GET CHICKS, and if that's her in the avatar, she's pretty damn cute. I say keep the cans, PM Germania, start working on the grandkids you will be passing the cans down to.

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #62 of 122
You have to keep them all. That is a really impressive collection. Is it complete or are there still a few you still lack?

Jan 13, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #63 of 122
Perhaps keep one or two of each model and sell all the duplicates pick the ones that sound the best or take them apart and put all the best condition parts on the one you keep

That is if you do want to sell them because it is an incredible collection

Jan 13, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #64 of 122
Holy crap, Batman! Now that is one high class problem I would like to have!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not find some random people on head-fi who don't have some AKG's and have yet to be exposed to AKG sound and then offer them an 'AKG Xperience' by giving them a set of AKG 'phones? That way the wonder and power which is AKG could be spread amongst the poor peons and your storage space could be freed.

Fraseyboy's idea, while complete charity is probably a bit unrealistic, made me think about how much I'd love the chance to try out others' cans. Where I live there is not even a decent shop to go into to audition HPs. Definitely not very realistic or practical, but in theory I'd pay some nominal fee to rent auditions. We're talking strictly theoretical here 'cuz I don't see any way that it would ever work, but if it was possible then you'd be temporarily freeing up space, bringing some money in, & keeping the collection!

Jan 13, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #65 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that is totally me. If there are any guys from Chiunify who want to speak out about the way I look - please feel free to do so.

Plus, I am an Engineering student. That means, when you get all techie and repair stuff I will totally understand. You would just need to understand my Sorority time obligations.

We hung out.

She's a babe.
cool.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #67 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicallySilent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps keep one or two of each model and sell all the duplicates pick the ones that sound the best or take them apart and put all the best condition parts on the one you keep

That is if you do want to sell them because it is an incredible collection

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! A lot of them look identical. Sell the similar ones and a lot of the akg, keep the stax.

Again, there are not any duplicates hanging on my shelves.

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #69 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again, there are not any duplicates hanging on my shelves.

Doesn't matter. "Eeny eeny miney mo. You're gone"

Trust me, it's not a good collection if it all looks similar. And if it's all akg. You could use the money to go into grado/ultrasone/stax/vintage/etc and music production like you said.

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #70 of 122
Quote:

Doesn't matter. "Eeny eeny miney mo. You're gone"

Trust me, it's not a good collection if it all looks similar. And if it's all akg. You could use the money to go into grado/ultrasone/stax/vintage/etc and music production like you said.

Yer a real funny guy.

Jan 14, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #72 of 122
Quote:

haha I just threw out whatever I could think of.
rolleyes.gif

All I'm saying is that you can't listen to all of them!
eek.gif
wink.gif
nah do whatever makes you happy

Did you miss the part where he specifically says he listens to all of them?

Jan 16, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #75 of 122
I picked sell them ALL. As much as I love my headphones, I would be willing to sell them if the price is right
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back