Sell my headphones?
Jan 19, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #106 of 122
Sell your K500's to me.
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #107 of 122
Well I think I may have worked out a way to have enough storage space that would allow me to comfortably keep the headphones.
biggrin.gif

I discovered I can install some shelves in the space between a window and the bathroom door (which I previously thought unusable because the door swings towards that wall), so between those shelves, the ones I already added elsewhere, and the spinner rack in the corner, I will finally have enough room for all of my books, CDs and DVDs. Add a couple shelves on the wall above my "DIY area" (an old wood desk and a bookcase), sell / get rid of a little bit of the junk in the closet, and I should have all my storage problems settled up. I also thought about something like a single shelf going all around near the ceiling, which would get a lot of space and be unobtrusive, but too much of a pain to access.

This doesn't get me any extra cash like selling them would, but the storage issue was the main reason I was considering it in the first place. Once I get the new shelves installed (still gotta buy them), I'll reassess things and see if it is as good as I'm thinking now.

Jan 23, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #109 of 122
I'm glad your keeping them. I go through this every time I move,(Rochester in a few months) or feel like upgrading some stuff, It's hard when you have things like that. Not superficial like a car or trying to keep up with the Jones family. If you dig them, keep them. If you have to make room, sell the ones that you would be able to pick up again easily without too much cost. Is that an illuminated AKG sign? Very cool collection.

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #110 of 122
Fitz are you going to be adding those the new K240 MKII and K242HD to your collection? Would love to hear impressions on them from a trusted ear...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #111 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fitz are you going to be adding those the new K240 MKII and K242HD to your collection? Would love to hear impressions on them from a trusted ear...
smily_headphones1.gif

If they're still using the same varimotion driver from the K240 Studio, then I won't bother.

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #115 of 122
I'll buy all the "crappy" headphones you have laying at the bottom bin all tangled up. haha

Feb 14, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #118 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once a collection. Always a collection. Not worth selling something you've collected for years. You'll definitely regret it.

Less than a year. I'd estimate I managed to track down 75% of them within 6 months, then the rest trickled in after I stopped trying very hard to find them. When I decide I want to own a certain headphone, I'll find it in a reasonable amount of time no matter how uncommon it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CareyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted keep them.

I assume you enjoy all of them but I'm curious to know if you have a favourite.

I'd say the K240 Sextett middle production. The brilliant minds at AKG must have some amazing precognition, to make a headphone so perfectly tuned for my ears and tastes before I was even born.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll buy my Stax back if you're going to sell them - never forget that! PM me.

From my cold, dead fingers!
biggrin.gif

I was thinking about selling the Sigmas too at one point, then I listened to them again, and said hell no. I still owe you one for hooking me up with them though.
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #119 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had that problem when I owned three different Lambdas at the same time; all of them sounded great and I couldn't decide what to keep. I sold off all the Lambdas and bought an SR-007, now I don't miss all the Lambda clutter one bit.

Well, now I have three different Lambdas instead of you, and you started me on the STAX so it's your fault. I wont blame you for the SR-3, SR-5, SR-001 and SR-003...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back