Selecting your first turntable setup - Get the biggest bang for your buck - Keep it under $2000
Dec 29, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #181 of 185
While these (and perhaps others) may be made in the same factory, I don't see how they could be "technically the same". Some of these turntables have "S' shaped tonearms while another has a strait tonearm. One is fully auto, another is manual and a third is a manual turntable with auto stop. One has a motor set off from the platter and others don't. They come with different cartridges.

The Music Hall and Pro-Ject TT's are also made in the same factory. They are not identical but more similar to one another (or at least they were a generation or two ago) than the three said to be made in the same Chinese factory.

Mar 3, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #182 of 185
I'm still regretful I did not get that Fluance RT84 when it was on sale for $350 in December. Hasn't been that low since. Now I know the budget was going to be sufficient to cover that cost, but I didn't at the time.

Now I have a different question:

My stepfather wants to have the option to listen to his records "remotely" in a different room sometimes. I.e. to have some kind of a wireless signal transmission to speakers in a different room. The distance is too great to stretch wires to additional speakers. I don't think getting a bluetooth turntable is the way to go, since that functionality is probably going to compromise on quality in the more relevant areas, being that I'll be limited to questionable turntables. Unless someone knows of a good turntable with a bluetooth output option that doesn't cost a fortune. (Also I've yet to listen to any Bluetooth-transmitted music that sounds good, but I haven't heard the very latest format).

Perhaps there's some sort of a bluetooth-transmitting receiver I can get that would take the analog signal from a turntable, amplify and send it to normal speakers. And then on demand convert that music to digital format and transmit it wirelessly to bluetooth-capable speakers in a different room? I'm not sure how to approach this. Maybe there are "dongles" that allow sending out bluetooth signal?

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #183 of 185
I can't help you with your current question, except indirectly. If you stepfather wants multi-room functionality, you need to anchor this system with a TT that is automatic, semi-auto or has auto stop. If not, the stylus will be running against the record label for hours or days before someone remembers that a record had been playing.

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #184 of 185
Yes indeed! Though Fluance RT84 has auto-stop. Actually I checked the product page for RT84 again and it says for wireless playback: "No (Requires Bluetooth or WiFi transmitter connected via RCA connection to transmit audio wirelessly)." That gives me a point of reference for searching. Didn't know there are WiFi/BT transmitters that can connect via RCA.

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #185 of 185
Greeting all, I just wanted to drop a line to all of you watching this thread and see what are your latest experiences with tables and Amps? It's been a while since I was on head-fi but I am looking forward to catching up with all of you folks and see your adventures with HiFi music and equipment.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back