Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Oct 22, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,156 of 1,652
Nice thing about user interfaces they can be tuned ..the hardware is what is fixed. I think it looks great.....
Better is the fact out top man in Japan looked like he had fun....

Don't know how the hell you get a chance to see all that stuff....

Thanks as always. ...All hail headpie. :laughing:

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #1,159 of 1,652
Thanks Expatin!
I ordered two ProX's and two PHA's, so... pretty interested to read comments.
Did you have any chance to hear the PHA?

Secondarily (far less important than musical fidelity :wink: I see that the version you tried (ProX) is black and gold, not white and gold, like Seiun put on other pixs: I hope the finalised version will be that one (black/gold), more elegant than the white one...

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #1,160 of 1,652
No PHA at the show.

There were maybe four ProX models.
I dont think I took photos of them all.

I myself havent backed the indiegogo campaign (no reason, dont like to wait, already have several palyers dac/amps etc).
It just seems that I am the only one to see Cyberdrive products (at Tokyo shows) so I report on them for you guys as I seem to be the only outside source of information.

I do sincerely hope it all works out for you guys. These audio funding gigs often seem to go into overtime. That they have several other products done and we have seen a few of these ProXs prototypes about is promising.

But I am no prophet or seer :wink:

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #1,162 of 1,652
From CD:
"..Pro schedule
Our supervisor just announced that PRO will probably deliver before PRO X. For those who contributed to pro devices, Cyberdrive will upgrade the LCD display from 720P to 1080P, and the rest will keep the same..."

In Q1 2017 probably they will deliver something.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #1,165 of 1,652
It's the changes every 5 mins dose my head in.... prox first no now pro, asia china first delivery no first ordered gets first no silver gun metal now first..ok del jan,feb,march just goes on and on...they don't want to talk about pha

Oct 27, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #1,166 of 1,652
It's the changes every 5 mins dose my head in.... prox first no now pro, asia china first delivery no first ordered gets first no silver gun metal now first..ok del jan,feb,march just goes on and on...they don't want to talk about pha

No news about the PHA dac/amp even though it was officially deamed "perfect" after the Tokyo show report and ready for production ?
Fan fiction mode ON: ****, we have discovered issues at the last minute, let's try not to make any noise, PHA backers may forget about us... or we're just unable to produce PHA amps at the same time as Pro/Pro-X DAPs because we can't afford a second production line...
Fan fiction mode OFF.

I officially change my prediction from the end of 2016 to the end of 17Q1 for delivery of the PHA.
Maybe even one more quarter if they keep their idiotic "regional" delivery system.

This is like one big bad soap opera.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #1,167 of 1,652

No more crowd funding for this puppy!!  I've learned my lesson......twice!
From now on I buy products that are available at retail and have been assessed by others.
The savings are just not worth it. Wish I could sit at home and be paid up front and maybe show up for work some time in the future.
Same concept as crowd funding. Cheques in the mail, promise! I'm not cynical or anything. My 2c worth. Cheers.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #1,168 of 1,652
No PHA at the show.

There were maybe four ProX models.
I dont think I took photos of them all.

I myself havent backed the indiegogo campaign (no reason, dont like to wait, already have several palyers dac/amps etc).
It just seems that I am the only one to see Cyberdrive products (at Tokyo shows) so I report on them for you guys as I seem to be the only outside source of information.

I do sincerely hope it all works out for you guys. These audio funding gigs often seem to go into overtime. That they have several other products done and we have seen a few of these ProXs prototypes about is promising.

But I am no prophet or seer
wink.gif

I would like to thank you very much for keeping us in the loop with the Cyberdrive products when you aren't actually going to purchase/use them yourself.

That is awesome you would still put in time and effort in giving us information that we normally might not be able to get about the product without someone like you with access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back