Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Jan 25, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #392 of 1,652
  Read IDGG terms and conditions, seems that there isn't any refund button after 2015 -_-
But you can contact the owner directly. I'll update you guys again when I get my money back (hopefully)

Just curious, but why are you bailing out now?  I agree that communication from CD has fallen off since Partik left (for reasons only he and CD know), but they haven't missed any deadlines yet and they haven't reneged on any products we perked for.... The basic Seiun players are being shipped out this week, and we should start to get some early reviews in another 10-14 days.  I feel we ought to stick with CD for now, but I agree that each and everyone of us has the right to his/her own opinions/actions.  Now if you are looking at a truly justified reason to get a refund on a crowd-sourced product, just scroll on over to the Geek Wave thread....  Their campaign ended in 7/14, with delivery date originally promised for 3/15, and guess what??  We still have nothing, except for repeated missed delivery deadlines!!

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #393 of 1,652
  Just curious, but why are you bailing out now?  I agree that communication from CD has fallen off since Partik left (for reasons only he and CD know), but they haven't missed any deadlines yet and they haven't reneged on any products we perked for.... The basic Seiun players are being shipped out this week, and we should start to get some early reviews in another 10-14 days.  I feel we ought to stick with CD for now, but I agree that each and everyone of us has the right to his/her own opinions/actions.  Now if you are looking at a truly justified reason to get a refund on a crowd-sourced product, just scroll on over to the Geek Wave thread....  Their campaign ended in 7/14, with delivery date originally promised for 3/15, and guess what??  We still have nothing, except for repeated missed delivery deadlines!!

They don't even have a fully functioning prototype, yet they still have supporters...
>.<

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #394 of 1,652
They alr have a working prototype which they showed.
What many of us want to see is a working prototype, which should somewhat be finalized, since D-day is March.

What I can't understand is the vague response they're giving us, like 'soon'...

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #395 of 1,652
Why are people so nervous about Seiun not communicating like they used to? Isn't that how crowdfunding works? They had to promote their product as best they could during the fundraising campaign and now they're concentrating their resources on creating the actual product.

I, for one, am perfectly relaxed and confident. Even if there's delays, so what? I've backed quite a few products on Indiegogo and Kickstarter and most of them took longer than first announced.

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #397 of 1,652
They alr have a working prototype which they showed.
What many of us want to see is a working prototype, which should somewhat be finalized, since D-day is March.

What I can't understand is the vague response they're giving us, like 'soon'...

I believe that Uberclocked is referring to LH Labs and the Geek Wave fiasco...  If you really want to experience major heartburn and distress, then sponsor an LH Labs product thru Indiegogo...  With the Geek Wave Indiegogo perkathon that ended in 7/14, we invested in a "no compromise DAP" that is looking more and more like a "no-promise DAP"! Further, a pair of balanced IEMs thru LH Labs has been in the works now for over a year, and it will be 2 more months (at least) before we can hope to get these.  So far this CD project has been a cake walk in comparison...  Like I said, we should be getting some decent feedback on the basic Seiun player in a few weeks, until then I think we can keep the faith and try to stay optimistic...

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #398 of 1,652
I posted earlier.

I tried the basic Seiun player at a show in Tokyo last December(?).
So it exists and they had several colors available.

I also bought two sets of their earphones and reviewed them on my blog. So they exist too.

I have communicated with them via email and they have generally been responsive, not so much lately-why?

Several reasons I guess....

1). They said they would get back to me with review samples soon when they could be organized. When they could be organized(repeated). So I said thank you and am of course waiting politely because I know they must be busy organizing for their buying customers first.
2). The Christmas, New Years down time ,and the new business year has started. Plus they may partake in Chinese New Year.
3). The delivery was said for late Jan for the basic player and earphones? They are not late. March? For the pro player and X - still not late.
4). Collating all the order information from the survey and double checking everything is a huge job.
5). Communication is great but sometimes companies have to step back and deliver rather than just constant social media updates. I think they have been clear.

Imho
Expat

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #399 of 1,652
I funded the Mass Fidelity Core speaker. It took an entire year past the projected delivery date for backers... we still got a viable product (for less than half price) - just had to be patient.

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #401 of 1,652
Well, they have released their schedule, which stated end of January for the Seiun players and March for Pro/Pro X. It seems like the Seiuns will be shipped in the next few days. Why re-confirm what they had stated to begin with? I'd rather have them use all their resources to get the product out. The way I see it, you need a little patience and trust for crowdfunding projects. That's the trade-off for getting brand-new products at a discount. If that isn't for you, wait for the proper product launch and pay full retail price.

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #403 of 1,652
Sunk in almost 400 USD due to their responsiveness during campaign. With a team member leaving halfway + slow response from the group, I'll ask for a refund instead...

That isn't cool, and you won't get a refund as IndieGoGo doesn't do that and that is who you paid. Have you tried emailing them? I got a same day response. This isn't Amazon, and they are pretty much on schedule. Calm down and be patient. Everybody may be busy, especially if TikiCD left. Him leaving is not necessarily a sign of evil portents, either. Maybe TikiCD got a new job. More communication is better, but it isn't time to fret yet.

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #404 of 1,652
They could lie as they jet off to thier new holiday homes.. They did say there is an update coming. If you want constant re assurance..join the Skarp razor program.. Nothing is certain like in life but the signs are good so far.
LH LABS left a huge feeling of uncertainty especially in the Audio community. But try and think for a second, what it takes to set up developed and implement 3 products and made small adjustments from our suggestions. If we had to wait until June that isn't a hardship, just a mild disappointment.

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #405 of 1,652
Just because someone left the team and communication hasn't been the greatest doesn't mean you should be bailing out.  If you have that kind of mindset, you shouldn't even be using Indiegogo in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back