Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Sep 20, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #1,501 of 1,652
I’m quite enjoying the posts in this thread, but i am confident i will get my Seiun player some time around 2019. I just love the updates Seiun provide, its quite obvious this project is some Chinese nerd who probably gambles too much and watches too many C_pop videos, but at least they have pics of the parts and production is going somewhere. Im curious to see some Gwei-lo western people were trialing the Pro-x units at the show in Hong Kong, obviously not head-fi contributors, because none shared their impressions....??? If it were Japanese making this we would have it, the Chinese are so crap and unregulated in their manufacturing processes/standards.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #1,502 of 1,652
It'd D-day: September 29th, the day is over in China, and guess what? No news regarding the DAC/amp despite the last announcement that it was nearly ready.

Ok this time it should be clear for everyone, even the most patient and calm people around here: this has become one of the most ridiculous crowd funding campaign in the audiophile realm.

18 months over planned release, this is impressive!!!

Oct 3, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #1,507 of 1,652
https://www.facebook.com/myforteaudio/

They may be located in California.
Google every complaint website on the net.
Type up a detailed explanation and copy paste in every single one of them.

I just did that 1 month ago and got back all my money and kept one of 2 items ordered. The other item was not sent hence the issue..(not audio related...Halloween related).

Find the guy, the owner and hunt him down via the net and touch him in every virtual way possible.

You could do other things with spare time but nothing is really as important as getting the money and an apology...is there? I don't think so.

/2 cents

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #1,508 of 1,652
23rd January 2017
Is it too late?

I requested my refund Jan 6, 17. I just got it about a month ago, but they didn't give it to me until I sent cyberdrive and indiegogo an email that I was reporting both to the BBB and I quote, "any other website that has anything to do with business reputation." I got my refund the very next day, I got an email from cyberdrive and surprisingly from indiegogo confirming my refund. I'm sure cyberdrive didn't give a faux, it must've been indiegogo who got on them to refund me.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,509 of 1,652
Yet another useless update: "we're ready for shipment", but we won't give you any date because this would create a committment, which would be too much to ask.
Next update in December...

Nov 7, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #1,510 of 1,652
Well, at least one person claims to have received his/her Seiun PHA. The initial report is in the comments section on the CD Indiegogo site; his/her initial impressions seem pretty positive. Hopefully, all who ordered the PHA will receive it soon and we'll find out how good it performs and sounds... So, it looks like CD is actually going to deliver the PHA after all. Hopefully, we'll get some positive news on the ProX/Pro soon... It would be very nice for them to finally finish this campaign up, and hopefully they will finish it up with some quality products...

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #1,511 of 1,652
Hopefully, all who ordered the PHA will receive it soon and we'll find out how good it performs and sounds...
Well, they claim to start shipping PHA to mainland China, Hong-Kong and Taiwan, which is... debatable, since they proposed their goodies on an international crowdfunding platform...

We shall see but as long as it's not delivered to 99% of people having funded, it will remain a premium failure.

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #1,513 of 1,652
Cyberdrive contacted to check my adress/phone for an "incoming shipment" of the PHA dac/amp...
A little bit of suspense until Christmas : will they actually deliver anything ?
And if they do, I'll be sure to write a short review.

Nov 24, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #1,514 of 1,652
@tienbasse, can you tell me where you live (Europe, Asia, North America, etc...)? I got the same email from CD about 2 weeks ago or so, and I'm in Texas... Based on recent posted messages from CD, it looks like we're in for another 3-4 weeks' wait (at least).... Some of the early impressions of the PHA out of Asia appear to be pretty positive, so hopefully we're in for a nice surprise (at some point in the future)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back