Seenheiser responds, Mike admits defeat
May 1, 2003 at 4:16 PM Post #31 of 141
Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Scarpitti
Would everyone agree to this?

No. Not a good idea. Certain headphones sound really bad when their new and change their sound dramatically. The questioner could be tempted to return them if he doesn't know about that. And if you have a new headphone, you want to get the best out of it as soon as possible. So dedicated breaking in is useful by all means.

peacesign.gif

May 1, 2003 at 4:29 PM Post #32 of 141
Quote:

Originally posted by JaZZ
No. Not a good idea. Certain headphones sound really bad when their new and change their sound dramatically. The questioner could be tempted to return them if he doesn't know about that. And if you have a new headphone, you want to get the best out of it as soon as possible. So dedicated breaking in is useful by all means.

peacesign.gif

Huh? Did you read what I wrote? I doesn't exclude at all what you say.

May 1, 2003 at 4:31 PM Post #34 of 141
Quote:

Originally posted by SageOHaze
By the way, eye for an eye here on grammar/spelling/typos mikey. It's Sennheiser not Seenheiser.

I noticed that after I pushed 'send", and was going to ask how to change it, but I didn't think it was possible. Is it?

May 1, 2003 at 4:33 PM Post #35 of 141
Quote:

I noticed that after I pushed 'send", and was going to ask how to change it, but I didn't think it was possible. Is it?

You can try the edit button.

While you're at it, I think the subject would be more entertaining if it were changed to "Sennheiser responds, Mike surrenders."
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2003 at 4:40 PM Post #36 of 141
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
You can try the edit button.

While you're at it, I think the subject would be more entertaining if it were changed to "Sennheiser responds, Mike surrenders."
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not sure I follow you. Where is this 'edit' button? Is there a 'surrender' button too?

May 1, 2003 at 4:43 PM Post #37 of 141
Quote:

I'm not sure I follow you. Where is this 'edit' button?

It's on the lower right of every post. Click on one of yours and you can edit it.

Quote:

Is there a surrender button too?

Lol
tongue.gif

Press here
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 1, 2003 at 4:48 PM Post #39 of 141
Quote:

Originally posted by stereth
My V6s sounded lifeless and distant at first, but now I love them. I don't know how much of that was the fact that I got used to the sound (these were my first decent pair of headphones, besides my portapros), and how much was from a physical change during burn-in.

I have to agree, when i first listened to my V6's out of the box, i was a tad disappointed, i thought maybe all the good reviews i had read may have been hype.

After an overnight burn in with a MD on repeat, i was amased at how they sounded, it was like a different set of headphones.

May 1, 2003 at 4:52 PM Post #40 of 141
Quote:

Originally posted by Old Pa
Then there are all those Stax headphones which sound perfect right out of the box and then keep getting better . . . .
biggrin.gif

Now there we may have an argument. Electrostatics have a different sort of structure than dynamics, and they don't have the same kind of suspension. There is no 'voice coil' as such. Thus there is no attachment of the voice coil to the suspension as there is in a magnetic phone. It simply doesn't exist. Now, whether the 1.35 micron element needs to loosen up is another issue. I doubt it.

May 1, 2003 at 4:52 PM Post #41 of 141
Wow, I never thought I would see the day that Mike admits defeat, although from the looks of it there are provisions.
tongue.gif

May 1, 2003 at 4:53 PM Post #42 of 141
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
Wow, I never thought I would see the day that Mike admits defeat, although from the looks of it there are provisions.
tongue.gif

Only the usual ones: return of our prisoners of war in good health, cessation of hostilities against our forces in the Sea of Japan, etc...

May 1, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #45 of 141
I think you might have to ask one of the moderators nicely.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back