seeking small, truly portable rig
Jul 16, 2008 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

tnmike1

Headphoneus Supremus
Want to put togther something to fit in shorts or shirt pocket. Have Nano, but wondering what amp would be small enough to pair with it soboth could be velcroed or banded together to fit in a pocket. and since my Nano is older generation, should I buy the newest generation just for its size???

Suggestions would be helpful.

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 23
Your Nano should mate well with a Tomahawk. Bands would be better than Velcro for this purpose, because the Velcro would add too much bulk.

I always thought a new Nano would brick together well with my Predator, but that's maybe bigger than you want.

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 23
2g Nano + iBasso T1 = super portable amped rig.

Conversely, CF/diyMod 2g Mini + iBasso T1 = ultimate portable amped rig.

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 23
ibasso T2 is probably the best amp for making a truly portalble rig. It has the same footprint as an older generation nano.

you will also want to talk to punnisher about getting a low profile LOD

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #6 of 23
OK will check out the iBassos--T1 and T2. Already have my cabling so allI need is the amp. And no, I won't go ampless. Been with amps for all my stuff for too long.

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 23
If you do a little search it will quickly become apparent the T1 probably isnt worth it but the T2 is a vast improvement. I think iBasso still sell the T2 so you would be able to get one new.

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you do a little search it will quickly become apparent the T1 probably isnt worth it but the T2 is a vast improvement. I think iBasso still sell the T2 so you would be able to get one new.

I don't think they do, but the marketplace here has them every now and then.

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2g Nano + iBasso T1 = super portable amped rig.

Conversely, CF/diyMod 2g Mini + iBasso T1 = ultimate portable amped rig.

diymod would add a lot more to the bulk dont you think?

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #11 of 23
A D2 is small and an amp isn't required due to the powerful headphone out.

Pair that with the ety's mentioned and I would say you have a brilliant portable rig.

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #12 of 23
^^I don't know if pairing the D2 with etys would be optimal. The D2 sounds kind of cold and thin itself, with great clarity, so perhaps the best synergy would be another headphone with a warm sound signature.

Jul 16, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can attest to the sq and portability of the 3g nano super mini rig...now that is great quality in a small package.

X2

163776.jpg

but unless Xin comes true on his latest announvement to be back in production it's nearly impossible to get a SuperMini

or a 2nd gen Nano with a SuperMicro

150396.jpg

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^I don't know if pairing the D2 with etys would be optimal. The D2 sounds kind of cold and thin itself, with great clarity, so perhaps the best synergy would be another headphone with a warm sound signature.

Forgot to mention: my IEMs are Ety4p Klipsch Image and Sleeks

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by rei_yano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
diymod would add a lot more to the bulk dont you think?

Not if you were creative with the placement of the 47uF blackgates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back