seeking small, truly portable rig
Jul 17, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Want to put togther something to fit in shorts or shirt pocket. Have Nano, but wondering what amp would be small enough to pair with it soboth could be velcroed or banded together to fit in a pocket. and since my Nano is older generation, should I buy the newest generation just for its size???

Suggestions would be helpful.

I picked up one of those FiiO amps on ebay, for $25. Not bad, and they velcro well to the back of my teeny little Sansa Clip. Ultimate portability. But since you own the Sleeks, you don't really need an amp, really.

Jul 17, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #17 of 23
x3 on the 3G Nano + Supermini rig. Doesn't get better than that.

Other than that, the only other portable amp that's actually portable is the iBasso T2, which mates well with the Nano you have. Both of these would be with low-profile LODs of course.

That said, ampless would be your best solution. I thought I needed one too, but it's really not necessary. Maybe carry one in whatever kind of bag you're carrying to use when you're sitting down somewhere and can pay attention, but otherwise it's not necessary.

Jul 17, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #18 of 23
Yes after having gotten my new iPhone 3G I think that for the most time I will just be taken that and my ER4-S with me. Even with the small size of the Nano+SuperMini it still takes up room in the pockets when I also have to carry my HTC TyTN phone. Replace all that with just the iPhone and it does not get smaller. I know that the iPhone does sound worse than the Nano+SuperMini but it is still more than acceptabel for casual portable use.

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not if you were creative with the placement of the 47uF blackgates.

do you think you could elaborate? you have peaked my interests.

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:27 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up one of those FiiO amps on ebay, for $25. Not bad, and they velcro well to the back of my teeny little Sansa Clip. Ultimate portability. But since you own the Sleeks, you don't really need an amp, really.

OK so maybe I'll save myself a couple hundred and try the Sleeks "naked" without an amp. Seems that would solve all problems.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jul 17, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by yourtoys7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
used to have 3GB nano + Tomahawk with ER4-P and liked it :>

yaknow, I thought about buying another Tomahawk for that configuration-- but isn't the Tomahawk a little too thick for true portability?? I seem to remember it was, but honestly forget.

Jul 18, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yaknow, I thought about buying another Tomahawk for that configuration-- but isn't the Tomahawk a little too thick for true portability?? I seem to remember it was, but honestly forget.

It's much thicker than the Supermini, and the Supermini is already pushing the boundary, so yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back