seeking advice fro mac experts
Aug 16, 2009 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

auradud3

100+ Head-Fier
hello everyone, i have just reinvented my can rig, it is an headroom ultra desktop amp, this comes with the ultra dac and amp integrated into a nice little package, i also have the kimber usb cables and cardas big red extension. with rs1i's, now the problem i am experiencing is the quality of my rips, it seems that itunes just might not be up to par, my source is an 2009 macbook pro, with their stock audio cards, is there a better ripping software, or does my audio card need upgrading? in any event, i would like to take my current rig and make those final last improvements necessary to elevate the total experience to the level of the output equipment. thanks for you help in advance.

Aug 16, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 10
There's a big, but old thread on Mac ripping software here, for your info.

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 10
Two applications worth looking into.
smile.gif

Rip from sbooth.org
Max from sbooth.org

Aug 17, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #6 of 10
I don't know about vinyl rip's, but for CD's Max is one of the best...

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #7 of 10
Is there anything wrong with just using iTunes to rip CD's into Apple Lossless?? What is there to be gained by ripping to lossless in max or some other program vs itunes?

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by JGP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anything wrong with just using iTunes to rip CD's into Apple Lossless?? What is there to be gained by ripping to lossless in max or some other program vs itunes?

Max and Rip both utilize more advanced error correction than iTunes. If you're going to listen to one rip forever, it feels better to know it's perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back