Seeaudio x ZReviews Rinko Review

Pros:
▶︎ Bass at Sometimes
▶︎ Cable

Cons:
▶︎ Everything that isn't a Pro

The Unboxing:

Untitled-Project-Time-0-00-00-00.png

Ah the SeeAudio x Rinko, well I had to certainly “See” it to believe it and believe it I did, The box for a start is clearly the front and centre selling point for this IEM (We’ll get into this later)

For your crisp $99.99 you get as follows. Acrylic Figure, Box, Cutout of Art, IEM, Case, Cable and Tips.

Let’s start off with the box, It has a sleeve bearing some rather provocative art of two-dimensional large breasted ladies, sliding of this sleeve reveals a box with a magnetic clasp to hold it together, furthermore opening this reveals the same art from the box only on a thick corrugated piece of card with some cut-outs to make a stand for it on the back. If we remove this you finally find the iem itself and it’s case.

The IEMS themselves have a metal top plate with a resin bottom, the driver configuration this IEM is using is a 10mm Dynamic Driver and a 6mm SPD (but circle) Planar driver which is basically a flat voice coil stuck to a sheet of plastic between two magnets instead of traces like a more conventional planar magnet driver.

Untitled-Project-Time-0-02-49-08.png

The IEM itself

One of the first issues I encountered with these earphones was the eartips. While they fit snugly in my ears, they caused discomfort after prolonged use, and I found myself needing to take breaks from listening to music to avoid discomfort. This is certainly a problem for anyone who enjoys listening to music for extended periods.

Carrying on, the foam of the eartips is very slow to return to it’s original state, leaving a weird emptiness between the silicone and where the foam should be as both parts are not bonded.

I do like the cable of the Rinko, It’s soft, looks rather appealing and doesn’t tangle, the earhooks are comfortable and I can’t find any cons to it.

Untitled-Project-Time-0-00-39-14.png

Sound:

Frequency Response Graph

The sound quality of the SeeAudio Rinko IEM is also a mixed bag. The bass is bloated and overemphasized, which can obscure detail in the music and detract from the overall listening experience. The bass can also sound like a car subwoofer, overpowering other frequencies and making the overall presentation sound unbalanced.

The bass can sound tight and punchy but it is entirely song depended and it literally took half the songs I threw at them and shredded them like a savage dog.

The mids sound very congested indeed

Vocals are recessed, Drowned by bass, thus masking which can make them less engaging and detract from their impact. Carrying on from Vocals in music, if you listen to things with dialogue (basically most YouTube videos or shows) vocals can sound boxy and boomy, lacking intelligibility.

The upper treble is peaky and undetailed, contributing to an overall smeared and hazy presentation whilst also lacking any resolution or engagement.

An aspect that did however somewhat impress me was the sound isolation of the Rinko. Even in noisy environments, the Rinko IEM did an excellent job of blocking out external sounds, allowing me to focus on listening.

Conclusion
At a price point of $99.99, the SeeAudio Rinko IEM is difficult to recommend. While the build quality is okay enough, the sound quality and discomfort caused by the eartips make these earphones hard to justify at this price point. There are other options on the market that offer better sound quality and more comfortable listening experiences for a similar price, making the SeeAudio Rinko IEM a tough sell for those looking for quality earphones.

Overall, while the SeeAudio Rinko IEM has some positive aspects, the discomfort caused by the eartips and the unbalanced sound quality detract significantly from the overall listening experience. If you're considering purchasing these earphones, it may be worth looking at other options in the same price range before making a decision.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back