Seattle Sunday New Year Meet at the Frye Museum 01/05/14
Dec 25, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #91 of 217
yes a usb stick or your source is fine.

Shorties dad is palmfish.

Thank you! I will throw my music files on a thumb drive, hopefully a couple of binaural albums will be in by then (just learned about those today). I do understand if people would prefer not to share files, particularly coming from a thumb drive that have been sourced in not-so-great share methods. Mine will be direct FLAC rips from CDs although I don't think there's a way to tell the difference from files alone.

Also, do you guys need help setting up and taking things down?  I could possibly lend a hand if need be.

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #92 of 217
I'm off that day..
This is what I have.. but can't bring it all..
Amps:
Audio-gd Sparrow
FiiO E9

Headphones:
Ultrasone Pro900
Beyerdynamic DT990 (600 ohm)
Audio Technica ATH M50
Sony MDR-V6
Panasonic RP-HTX7
Klipsch Image one
Shure SRH440
Shure SRH940
Beats Studio (I know they suck.. I just like the color)
Sennheiser HD598
Harman Kardon BT
AKG Q460
AKG K701
AKG K550
AKG K712

Is there any hear people are interested in listening too.. LMK

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #93 of 217
I'm off that day..
This is what I have.. but can't bring it all..
Amps:
Audio-gd Sparrow
FiiO E9

Headphones:
Ultrasone Pro900
Beyerdynamic DT990 (600 ohm)
Audio Technica ATH M50
Sony MDR-V6
Panasonic RP-HTX7
Klipsch Image one
Shure SRH440
Shure SRH940
Beats Studio (I know they suck.. I just like the color)
Sennheiser HD598
Harman Kardon BT
AKG Q460
AKG K701
AKG K550
AKG K712

Is there any hear people are interested in listening too.. LMK

K550, please.

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #95 of 217
hello,

(and to think that at the last meet the GYTW and i attended, we only had 2 pairs of cans!)

due to our being really good this year, we have a few more things to share:

cans:

NAD Visio HP50 (the GYTW's new pride and joy.)

AKG K550 (still stock although i am strongly considering Solderdude's mod.)

Philips O'Neill SHO4200 "The Bend" (formerly on Tyll's Wall of Fame due to durability. i scored 4 pairs [in 4 different hues] for the MSRP of 1 basically, distributing them to each of the household members. something hard to break is always nice for the kidlins and the GYTW.[alas, she hates the way they sound].)

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II (the former commute 'phones, which i find have excellent synergy with...)

amp:

JDS Labs C5 (my very first headphone amp, and i am loving it with the Senns!}

sources:

some iPods (Apple lossless and  a Sansa Clip or two, Rockboxed.)

plus some cables if i can find 'em.

i am looking forward to listening to the mid-level orthos that are listed in the above posts. and really pumped to see the HD6XX coming tor the GYTW to try. this is gonna be fun!

to anyone who is a newbie, the Seattle head-fi community are very nice people and first timers will have a blast. a word of warning though, as our list of gears has doubled all ready, sorry about your wallet.

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #96 of 217
Our first Sunday meet that I know of. We were asked about one, so here it is:

Where: Frye Art Museum
704 Terry St
Seattle WA 98104
When: January 5, 2014

Time: Set up 10am-11am
opens to public 11am-5pm
teardown 5pm to 6pm or so

I will agree, this is a big-time location.  Very impressive.  Hope you're able to take full advantage of the big score and get the word out to as big and wide an audience as possible.

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #98 of 217
Hello, I'm pretty new to this, but I live in the area, could I come too?
Or is there some kind of requirement? 

Everyone is welcome to go to the event! :)

I've brought a few friends with me in the last couple of meets who were kind of interested in personal audio gear and they seemed to be in awe at the stuff around, hahaha. Taking a step back, it really is surprising at how much personal audio has change over the years.

Dec 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #100 of 217
  As popular as the wide-open "stickers removed" mod for AKG x70x series has been lately, the sound was unnatural to me as the center image became even wider and less coherent.  It also boosted the lowest bass frequencies so flat that it was producing an annoying amount of SPL on my ear drums with many newer hi-fi recordings that capture those frequencies well.  You would hear the upper bass frequency and then mostly feel it a moment later as a kick drum decayed into the lower frequencies.  It sounded like a nice re-enforcement on some recordings, but delayed and loose on most.  In the end, I just wanted consistent presentation and packed soft foam back into the ports for only a very mild low frequency boost.

Perhaps you will get the chance to compare my foam-filled ports and partially closed outer grills to ChainRazer's K with the "stickers removed" version of the mod before deciding your approach.

I plan to bring stock K701's.  Perhaps we can compare all three.  They sound good on a Schidt Lyr amp.  Peter

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #101 of 217
Wow, that art museum sounds really neat! I can't believe I haven't heard about it earlier after living in Seattle all these years. T_T

...it looks like I'll be bringing along an Apple Camera Connection Kit and a 3-inch miniUSB to microUSB cable for Android OTG support as I received a free review unit of the JDS Labs C5D. In case anyone is looking for a portable DAC/amp.

The Frye is a wonderful museum, Im really looking forward to this meet. Oh, and I will bring one of my SACD players for you to use :)

Doc B has a stock and a modded HD800 that he brings. Knock on wood. Shortie's dad has a pair too. His alias escapes me at the moment. He's always there...someone will have a pair.

Yes, I will have my HD 800's. I have never owned one pair of headphones for this long! They are currently modded but I'll probably remove the mod before the meet.

Along with my Senns I will have my Asus Essence One Muses and Bottlehead Crack I assembled a few months ago. I havent decided if my source will be my Squeezebox Touch or netbook.

Oh, I have a new component in my signal chain that will likely surprise many of you...

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #102 of 217
  Awesome! I'm totally interested in that stuff. Can't wait then!

So I don't need to worry about "We will unload through the loading dock off Boren. We will sign in and out" right?

Are we talking logisitcs directly on the thread or through PM to @bigpoppa

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #103 of 217
Awesome! I'm totally interested in that stuff. Can't wait then!

So I don't need to worry about "We will unload through the loading dock off Boren. We will sign in and out" right?

We will need to sign in through the loading dock off Boren. This is not a library meet or at a MOT's business. We were invited by the Museum. We will have carts any everything we need to unload and load easily. Please let me know any concerns.

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #105 of 217
hello House3272,

there is nothing that is unworthy if you like it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back