Seattle Sunday New Year Meet at the Frye Museum 01/05/14
Dec 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #62 of 217
I can make this, but how do you make sure your gear stays safe?  I'd be nervous going around trying other peoples stuff with my gear not strictly by my side.

Also, could anyone give me a ride from Capitol Hill (PMs please if possible).  I'm carless, but among headphones I could bring if a ride were provided are:
AKG 702 (with top bumps sawed off)
Audio-Technica ATH-A900
Audio-Technica ATH-A1000x
Audio-Technica ES-7
Beyerdynamic DT-880 600ohm
Beyerdynamic DT-1350
Denon D5000
Grado SR80
Heir 4.ai (but you'd need to provide your own tips to try it)
HiFiMan HE-400

Thanks.

Dec 21, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #64 of 217
Does anyone happen to have a step up transformer? I have a Rein Audio X-DAC that everyone should listen to (it's a world class DAC), but it's a Eurpoean version.

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #65 of 217
I have one. Will bring it........... We may be changing venues.... Will know more Monday. . Will be looking at the space Monday.. ..... Great time to be a Seattle Head-fier........

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #66 of 217
I have one. Will bring it........... We may be changing venues.... Will know more Monday. . Will be looking at the space Monday.. ..... Great time to be a Seattle Head-fier........

Why the long pauses........................anticipation for new space....?

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #68 of 217
Does anyone have a SACD player? I think I remember someone having one in the past, but I'm not sure if it's still available. I re-checked out a SACD album from the library and I would be interested in hearing the DSD layer for the first time.

My Yulong DA8 does DSD playback.

Dec 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #69 of 217
Does anyone have a SACD player? I think I remember someone having one in the past, but I'm not sure if it's still available. I re-checked out a SACD album from the library and I would be interested in hearing the DSD layer for the first time.

I have a Denon DVD-2910 SACD/DVD-A/DVD player I could bring again if you like. The unit is modded with lots of internal dampening material and is heavy, but I can bring it if it's useful.

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #70 of 217

I have a Denon DVD-2910 SACD/DVD-A/DVD player I could bring again if you like. The unit is modded with lots of internal dampening material and is heavy, but I can bring it if it's useful.

You don't have to if it's too much stuff to bring along, but I would be interested in hearing the SACD layer.

Dec 23, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #71 of 217
You don't have to worry about any of your gear. Most people don't have any interest in stealing some $20 headphones or some old CD player. If only they knew. 95% of the time someone will be listening to your stuff. Everyone will ask if they grab a pair of phones to listen on their setup etc. Any thief would stick out like a sore thumb. It hasn't been even a little concerning at any of the last events.

Dec 23, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #72 of 217
You don't have to worry about any of your gear. Most people don't have any interest in stealing some $20 headphones or some old CD player. If only they knew. 95% of the time someone will be listening to your stuff. Everyone will ask if they grab a pair of phones to listen on their setup etc. Any thief would stick out like a sore thumb. It hasn't been even a little concerning at any of the last events.

I read: Please no one bring Dre Beats, too high end.

Dec 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #74 of 217
I'm interested in coming to my first meet if you guys don't hurt my wallet too much more  :)

I'm not sure what all to bring, or rather, what I can carry...  I've got a Bottlehead Crack/Speedball I just finished, Schiit Magni/Modi, ODAC, Beyerdynamic T1, HiFiMan HE-400, Sennheiser HD580...

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #75 of 217
updated 1st post...... And title........ We have just gone big time......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back