Where: Frye Art Museum
704 Terry St
Seattle WA 98104
When: January 5, 2014

Time: Set up 10am-11am
opens to public 11am-5pm
teardown 5pm to 6pm or so

We will unload through the loading dock off Boren. We will sign in and out

We have space......... We also will be open to the public..... This is a fantastic place for a meet.

Breakfast: yes tbd
Aftermeet: yes tbd

More will be posted later

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 217
Saved

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 217
Awesome! I should be able to make it to this meet.

Gear to bring:
Headphones:
  • AKG K 701
  • V-MODA Crossfade M-100 with XL Pads
  • STAX SR-207

Amps:
  • JDS Labs Objective 2 + wall wart
  • JDS Labs C5
  • FiiO E12
  • STAX SRM-252S + wall wart + step-down transformer

DACs/Sources:
  • MacBook
  • JDS Labs Objective DAC
  • Sansa Clip Zip
  • iPhone 4S
  • JDS Labs C5D*

Miscellaneous:
  • FiiO HS2 (A/B/C/D comparison switcher box) + 4 3.5 mm-3.5 mm cables
  • FiiO RC-MH1 and RC-UX1 cables
  • Headphone splitter
  • 3.5 mm-3.5 mm female-female adaptor
  • USB-mini-USB cables
  • USB-micro-USB cable
  • FiiO L2 and L9 cable and line out dock
  • RCA-3.5 mm cable
  • 3.5 mm-6.3 mm adaptor
  • 2 and 4 GB flash drives
  • Apple Camera Connection Kit*

* Depends on whether or not I can obtain a review unit

Nov 14, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #6 of 217
I am unable to express just how assuredly I will be there. I'm not so sure about what gear I will be able to bring- All I currently have is a pair of water-damaged Sennheiser PXC 450s- they  USED to sound good, but now... One of my close friends has AT M-50s, but M-50s seem extremely common.... I will have to see what I can beg and borrow.  

I'm praying for a chance to compare the Alpha Dogs and Paradox, as I'm very much in the marker for a new pair of (preferably closed) planar headphones.

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 217
I hope to have my CK2III done by the meet. Have the last buy of parts and panel work to get done. And a process or two? Will bring the SinglePower MPX 3 , Arcam 73t cd player, Custom DAC, HD 650's and a bunch of cables.

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #8 of 217
Good chance I can make it.  If so, I can bring the following for others to try:

Headphones:
Beyer T5p (and maybe T1)
Senn HD650
Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs

Amp/Dacs:
Schiit Bifrost (uber), Lyr, Asguard 2
Meier Classic and Daccord

Would love to hear something from Woo Audio (WA2) if anyone has something to bring.

Nov 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #9 of 217
nOOb here, but I wouldn't miss it.

I can bring my HD800s (Q French silk 4-pin balanced cables with 1/4" adaptor) and my Benchmark DAC2 HGC.  I don't have a laptop to bring, so we'll have to connect the DAC to someone's laptop.

Oh yeah, I'll also bring my AK 120.

Chris

Nov 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #10 of 217
nOOb here, but I wouldn't miss it.

I can bring my HD800s (Q French silk 4-pin balanced cables with 1/4" adaptor) and my Benchmark DAC2 HGC.  I don't have a laptop to bring, so we'll have to connect the DAC to someone's laptop.

Oh yeah, I'll also bring my AK 120.

Chris

Ooh the AK120? I've always been curious about its sound quality. I've read a lot of good, and bad things [i.e. price tag] about it.

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #12 of 217
Never been to a meet but I'm interested in attending this one! Should I wait for details on the thread or is there a first-timer required read somewhere?

Subscribed

You can PM for any questions or concerns. We are very New Head-fier friendly. Some of the noobs in Seattle only have been to a dozen meets or so.... We are very laid back. Bring a friend and all your questions with open ears. It is more fun with a friend you can share the experience with. Second meet nahhh... Maybe some of your favorite music to audition the gear. You will have a great time. You will listen to gear that will blow your mind. Listen to rigs that do not make sense on paper but synergy well with the cans you are listening to. It is a great experience.

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 217
Sweet, I should be back in town by then. I have quite a few things I can bring. 

I'll edit this and add to the list later. Does anyone have any Fostex TH900s or Paradox T50RPs that they plan on bringing? Would like to compare them to my experience with HE-6, HD800, T1, and LCD-2.

I will be bringing a refined Tim deParivincini (EAR) max mp amp with a shunt regulated power supply that has a laser cut aluminum case. Perfect for LCD-2, HD-800s, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back