Seattle Sunday New Year Meet at the Frye Museum 01/05/14
Dec 5, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #34 of 217
  Will anyone have a Vali or Magni? Also, anyone with an Emotiva A-100 amp? I'm looking forward to this meet!

My Vali will be there  
smile.gif

Dec 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #36 of 217
If I make it out I may or may not have a Liquid Glass to showcase with the HE-500's... 
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #38 of 217
I'd like to come up but air fairs are really high, I assume too close to the holiday.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 7, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #40 of 217
If you can, bring your DA8. Barra wants one and will be there...

LG super!

I will defenitely bring the DA8. Here's a list of the stuff (preliminary, not set in stone) I should have. 

Headphones:
HiFiMAN HE-500
Sennheiser HD650

Desktop Amps & DAC's
Burson Audio HA-160DS
Yulong DA8
Rein Audio X-DAC

Portable Amps & DAC's
Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC
Cypher Labs AlgoRythm Solo -R

Cables
Charleston Cable Company Balanced "Audiophile" HE-500 Cable
Forza Audiowork Noir HE-500 Cable
Double Helix Cables Complement2 Balanced Flagship HE-500 Cable
Whiplash Audio TWag V2 HD650 Cable
LessLoss DFPC Power Cables (3) (YEAH, THESE THINGS ARE GARGANTUAN)

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #41 of 217

Nice, I'm trying hard not to purchase one until I hear it with my gear lol. Mind if I plug a few of my phones into it at the meet?

Sure thing! That's a big part of every Head-Fi meet... trying different combinations of headphones and gear together. Many Head-Fi'ers bring a portable source, memory card, flash drive, CD, etc. too, with music they are already very familiar with. That helps a lot in evaluating headphones and/or other equipment in the chain. 

It's always a common courtesy just to ask the owner first before plugging in... nearly every one at the meet is quick to oblige. It's all about learning and having fun!

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #42 of 217

If you can, bring your DA8. Barra wants one and will be there...

LG super!

I will defenitely bring the DA8. Here's a list of the stuff (preliminary, not set in stone) I should have. 

Headphones:
HiFiMAN HE-500
Sennheiser HD650

Desktop Amps & DAC's
Burson Audio HA-160DS
Yulong DA8
Rein Audio X-DAC

Portable Amps & DAC's
Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC
Cypher Labs AlgoRythm Solo -R

Cables
Charleston Cable Company Balanced "Audiophile" HE-500 Cable
Forza Audiowork Noir HE-500 Cable
Double Helix Cables Complement2 Balanced Flagship HE-500 Cable
Whiplash Audio TWag V2 HD650 Cable
LessLoss DFPC Power Cables (3) (YEAH, THESE THINGS ARE GARGANTUAN)

Thanks guys, I would really really like to hear the Da8. m2man was kind enough to sell me his second Mjolnir and I am anxious to hear how the Da8 and the Mjolnir pair. The Da8 is next on my wish list.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #43 of 217
   Thanks guys, I would really really like to hear the Da8. m2man was kind enough to sell me his second Mjolnir and I am anxious to hear how the Da8 and the Mjolnir pair. The Da8 is next on my wish list.

I find that the amp section of the DA8 rivals amps upwards of $800 and the DAC section outclasses the highest-end DACs.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #44 of 217

I find that the amp section of the DA8 rivals amps upwards of $800 and the DAC section outclasses the highest-end DACs.

I love to hear it. The Mjolnir is awesome with my LCD2, even with my current lower end sources. But I would like to feed it right. However, the amp section is becoming more important to me as it is single ended vs. the Mjolnir being balanced only. That way I have not only a second signature to toy with for my LCD2s, but it will also accommodate all my single ended headphones including most importantly, my NT6 Pro CIEMs. I really want to see how well they scale with the Da8. My guess is that they will be magic together.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #45 of 217
  I love to hear it. The Mjolnir is awesome with my LCD2, even with my current lower end sources. But I would like to feed it right. However, the amp section is becoming more important to me as it is single ended vs. the Mjolnir being balanced only. That way I have not only a second signature to toy with for my LCD2s, but it will also accommodate all my single ended headphones including most importantly, my NT6 Pro CIEMs. I really want to see how well they scale with the Da8. My guess is that they will be magic together.

Well, I'm getting rid of the DA8 here soon because I want a dedicated tube amp like the WA6-SE or the WA22, so.... 
wink.gif
 By the way, it's black, ahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back