Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015
Jul 21, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #226 of 319
Wow, there's going to be so much stuff at this meet that I'll probably only get to listen to 3 or 4 things really carefully, if even. XD

Heh, feel like I need to put together a list for myself and keep to it. I could get distracted and end up missing things I really wanted to hear! 

Sad to see there's not a Hifiman 400S at the meet, unless I missed it.

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #228 of 319
  Audio Zenith PMx2 HP Demo Coming:

Looks like I have another surprise coming for this Saturday's meet. Another contender for TOTL HP, the Audio Zenith PMx2. Alex graciously is sending up a demo for us to hear at the meet that I will be pairing with the new Eddie Current Zana Deux demo. I just found out about these myself, but these are Oppo sanctioned, significantly modded Oppo PM headphones that turn them into magic creations that rival or beat the HD800 and other such TOTL headphones. Read about them in the thread below and you will see why I am so excited.

1. http://www.head-fi.org/t/766713/audio-zenith-pmx2-impressions-page
  2. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/show-newport-2015-highlight-audio-zenith-pmx2

Does anyone have a balanced OPPO PM cable to try the PMx2 on a balanced setup?

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #229 of 319
  Does anyone have a balanced OPPO PM cable to try the PMx2 on a balanced setup?

It's likely I will have a Norne audio cable for it. I'll confirm with Trevor. He's shipping everything today.

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #230 of 319
Jul 21, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #231 of 319
That would be fantastic, thanks.

If possible, I would love to hear the audio zenith on my master 11 which I'm bringing too. :)
I know a guy who swears his master11 sounds more ideal to him than his Yggdrasil/ragnarok setup.
I think the audio zenith looks to be the most interesting headphone right now!!

It's likely we may have a few assortments for the pm2 from Norne. At least one or two options of the balanced flavor. 4pin XLR.

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #232 of 319
That would be fantastic, thanks.

If possible, I would love to hear the audio zenith on my master 11 which I'm bringing too. :)
I know a guy who swears his master11 sounds more ideal to him than his Yggdrasil/ragnarok setup.
I think the audio zenith looks to be the most interesting headphone right now!!

It's likely we may have a few assortments for the pm2 from Norne. At least one or two options of the balanced flavor. 4pin XLR.

Of course, I would like to see how it pairs/scales with various sources and cables too.

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #233 of 319
Of course, I would like to see how it pairs/scales with various sources and cables too.

I will actually have a norne solv cable for the Audio Zenith Pmx2.
It's perfectly matched for the pm2 so I'm sure will be ideal for the pmx2.
The cable can be terminated with a 2.5trss balanced and tea short mini adapter to Eidolic XLR4pin tellurium or I can have it re terminated with simple clean 4pin xlr, no adapter.... Preference anyone?
Also I should have a Zoetic cable to pair with it too. I personally like the Zoetic. But the solv may be a better match for the pmx2.

:) I really am excited to hear it on my rig. You've got no idea. That is one of my top most interested HP out right now. Hope there may be some sort of show discounts? :)

Jul 21, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #234 of 319
New Eddie Current Zana Deux:

The ZD that Craig is sending up to demo only has the stock tubes. He mentioned that a 6SL7 tube would be worth rolling if we can find one. Does anyone have one that they can bring to the meet to try?

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #235 of 319
  I was lucky to pull this off at the place where the 1st Redhook meet took place and where Doc B showed up like a Rockstar with QueenEileen and  PB (audiowize) the first time around. This is one of the best meets with the best weather and a lot of fun.

When: Saturday 7/25/2015
Time: 12.45PM
Where:Woodinville Library
           17105 Avondale Road NE
           Woodinville, 98072

Premeet:
             10:30 am
             Maltby Cafe
8809 Maltby Rd
Snohomish, WA 98296
(425) 483-3123

I'm going to have to leave early (4pm on the dot) on this meet I just found out, so I will try my best to make the pre-meet to get a bloody mary or beer in beforehand. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #236 of 319
Here's what I'll bring to the meet.:
Windows 7 laptop
JRiver Media Center 20 set to use WASAPI
Light Harmonic Lightspeed split USB cable
iFi USBPower on 5V leg of Lightspeed cable
Benchmark DAC2 HGC with HPA2 headphone amp
Audez’e LCD-2.2 headphones
Nordost Heimdall 2 cabling
Sennheiser HD650 headphones
Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable with Furutech TRS
Cryoparts CryoMax III power cables (from Lee Weiland) with cryogenically treated Marinco and Furutech connectors
Cryoparts outlet strip
Stillpoints OEM footers under the Benchmark DAC2 HGC
Stillpoints cones and risers under the laptop PC

Jul 21, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #237 of 319
This will be the list of stuff I'll likely bring with me:
Headphones:
- Sennheiser HD600
IEMS:
- Earwerkz Supra 2 Universal
- Tralucent 1+2
- 1964 Ears Qi Universal
- Flare Audio R2A Black Edition
Sources:
- iPod Touch 5th gen (mix of .m4a and .mp3 files)
- Nokia Lumia Icon (.mp3 files)
Extras:
- External HDD with my music files (mix of .m4a and .mp3). Formatted ExFAT, can be read by both Windows and OSX

Jul 22, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #239 of 319
I have a question about the 1964ears designer, since the meet is coming up and I'll definitely be buying a pair... I've been trying to design one that I would be happy with, and I noticed that recently (At least on my computer) all of the color options for the body have disappeared. I can only select solid black or clear. Is this an accurate reflection of the color palette that is available now, or is it a glitch in the website/an issue with my computer? I'm really curious, because I can't quite decide on what I want, and I need some time to figure it out... :)

Jul 22, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #240 of 319
  Audio Zenith PMx2 HP Demo Coming:

Looks like I have another surprise coming for this Saturday's meet. Another contender for TOTL HP, the Audio Zenith PMx2. Alex graciously is sending up a demo for us to hear at the meet that I will be pairing with the new Eddie Current Zana Deux demo. I just found out about these myself, but these are Oppo sanctioned, significantly modded Oppo PM headphones that turn them into magic creations that rival or beat the HD800 and other such TOTL headphones. Read about them in the thread below and you will see why I am so excited.

1. http://www.head-fi.org/t/766713/audio-zenith-pmx2-impressions-page
  2. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/show-newport-2015-highlight-audio-zenith-pmx2

Hugely appreciate your effort in demoing Audio Zenith headset. Hope many will enjoy the sound and try comparing PMx2 to their personal favourites using familiar music selections. Would even encourage interested parties to ask about taking this set to your own tables with familiar gear and listen/compare, this is the only way one can figure out the truth about it's sound. Hope you all have fun listening.
I will actually have a norne solv cable for the Audio Zenith Pmx2.
It's perfectly matched for the pm2 so I'm sure will be ideal for the pmx2.
The cable can be terminated with a 2.5trss balanced and tea short mini adapter to Eidolic XLR4pin tellurium or I can have it re terminated with simple clean 4pin xlr, no adapter.... Preference anyone?
Also I should have a Zoetic cable to pair with it too. I personally like the Zoetic. But the solv may be a better match for the pmx2.

smily_headphones1.gif
I really am excited to hear it on my rig. You've got no idea. That is one of my top most interested HP out right now. Hope there may be some sort of show discounts?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you very much for your interest in Audio Zenith and hope the sound of our PMx2 doesn't disappoint. I personally feel adapters always degrade the sound to some extent so best way is not using any. Probably this would be hard to believe but I honestly don't know if there will ever be any profit for Audio Zenith with PMx2 therefore no discounts are planned for the foreseeable future. On the other hand who knows, maybe we'll see these sets costing more on the second hand market in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back