Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015
Jul 17, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #211 of 319
Does anyone know if there will be free high speed wifi internet at the location for this event?

Worst case I can use my att phone for a hotspot. But prefer wifi or so.

Yes, it is a public library.

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #212 of 319
Yes, it is a public library.

For some reason I didn't think it was going to be at the library. I don't know why I was thinking that.
Do they have a bit enough area for us all? Hmm. I haven't been to that library before.

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #213 of 319
Its a good sized room, not huge, but always works great for our purposes.

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #214 of 319

I haven't been to one before either, but it seems like just show up with your gear and have some fun listening to other peoples' gear
biggrin.gif

Welcome! It seems a whole lot of new people will be there!
My fiancé and I are also new and it will be our first can meeting. I'm hoping we will have a bit of fun.

Cool! Should be a very fun event. I have not listed my gear in my profile yet but was planning on bringing:

Audeze LCD 2.2 with Norne Audio Draug Series cable. (4pin xlr, 4pin to dual 3pin xlr adapter, and 4pin to 1/4" adapter)
Decware Zen Taboo MKIII with all NOS tubes. (can bring the original tubes to do some tube rolling for comparison)
ifi nano i-DSD dac with i-Purifier in-line usb audio conditioner and Mercury usb cable.
Transparent Audio Musiclink Plus interconnects
Laptop with JRiver Media for the source.

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #215 of 319

Cool! Should be a very fun event. I have not listed my gear in my profile yet but was planning on bringing:

Audeze LCD 2.2 with Norne Audio Draug Series cable. (4pin xlr, 4pin to dual 3pin xlr adapter, and 4pin to 1/4" adapter)
Decware Zen Taboo MKIII with all NOS tubes. (can bring the original tubes to do some tube rolling for comparison)
ifi nano i-DSD dac with i-Purifier in-line usb audio conditioner and Mercury usb cable.
Transparent Audio Musiclink Plus interconnects
Laptop with JRiver Media for the source.

Nice setup!!! I most definitely want to check it out!  :)  You have a Norne cable too! I'll have a whole bunch of them for demo/audition. Likely some of the newest models will be there. Some new pure silver cables for Cans and IEM's!  (maybe) Trevor is doing his best to put together a large selection of cables for all of us to demo!

I would like to hear your Tube amp! 

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #216 of 319
  Nice setup!!! I most definitely want to check it out!  :)  You have a Norne cable too! I'll have a whole bunch of them for demo/audition. Likely some of the newest models will be there. Some new pure silver cables for Cans and IEM's!  (maybe) Trevor is doing his best to put together a large selection of cables for all of us to demo!

I would like to hear your Tube amp! 

You are very welcome to check it out. Bring your cans and favorite music files on a thumbdrive too if you want to hook it up to the Taboo.
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #217 of 319
Missed the last one - won't miss this one! #206represent

Jul 18, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #218 of 319
Going light for this time around.  Just bringing my Grado RS2, AK100 (source), and FAD Heaven VIII.  If the Sony MDR-CD900ST gets delivered in time from Japan, I'll bring it as well. See you all next week.  Desktop amp: Nuforce HP-200. Desktop DAC: Starting Point TDA1543 NOS. Looking forward to auditioning the 1plus2.

Jul 18, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #219 of 319
  Going light for this time around.  Just bringing my Grado RS2, AK100, and FAD Heaven VIII.  If the Sony MDR-CD900ST gets delivered in time from Japan, I'll bring it as well. See you all next week.  Looking forward to auditioning the 1plus2.

If you're talking to me, then you're welcome to try it out! Hope you'll have some tips with you so you can find the right fit to test them with.

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #221 of 319
Audio Zenith PMx2 HP Demo Coming:

Looks like I have another surprise coming for this Saturday's meet. Another contender for TOTL HP, the Audio Zenith PMx2. Alex graciously is sending up a demo for us to hear at the meet that I will be pairing with the new Eddie Current Zana Deux demo. I just found out about these myself, but these are Oppo sanctioned, significantly modded Oppo PM headphones that turn them into magic creations that rival or beat the HD800 and other such TOTL headphones. Read about them in the thread below and you will see why I am so excited.

1. http://www.head-fi.org/t/766713/audio-zenith-pmx2-impressions-page
  2. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/show-newport-2015-highlight-audio-zenith-pmx2

Jul 20, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #223 of 319
Not to rain on the parade, but a Discwasher brush is a contaminant rather than an aid to cleaning a record. If enough vinyl is projected to be at the meet I might bring a KLAUDIO ultrasonic record cleaner.
A better alternative to the Discwasher are the brushes and cleaning solutions from the Disc Doctor.
http://www.discdoc.com/

Jul 20, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #224 of 319
  I will bring some cables.......... I have a stable of Power Cables, IC's, HD650, HD700, cables. Most of them I have built. Even will bring the Box, And the Synergistic Research QLS-6. Besides the Singlepower Mpx3 all tubed and fused up, A couple DAC's and my Trusty Arcam CD73 with My Normal cans

I'll bring the Nordost Heimdall for Audez'e cans. It has 4-pin balanced or single-ended TRS.

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #225 of 319
Yeah it's the last week before the meet, my sms and pm's  have been blowing up, we have another latecomer to the meet. Vitaliy, the man who created 1964 is coming. Yeah that man is coming. So us Seattle Head--fiers are getting some great love here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back