Seattle Summer Meet - July 26
Jul 25, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #61 of 88
Picked up an Arcam CD 73 Wednesday from Larry at Resolution Audio. We had a great meet last summer there. It is pretty smooth and detailed. Very easy to listen to. Will have to try out the DAC's at the meet. Lavry, Benchmark, it should be very interesting? And maybe hook it up to a few of the amps there?

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #62 of 88
Yo, I didn't post here because I wasn't sure if I could make it, but it looks like a real possibility I can now.

If I make it, I'll bring my HD580s, ES7s, and I suppose Klipsch X10s. I've got a headphile cable for HD580s, but it was reterminated badly by one of the previous owners. I'll try to reterminate it tomorrow, kinda been putting it off but I'll try to get it done before the meet.
Got a desktop amp on the way and my XM4 is out for repair, so unfortunately I won't have either of those unless the XM4 is back tomorrow.

In any case, hope to see you guys this weekend!

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #63 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That cd shaver is pretty cool but expensive. Since Im doing computer audio it doesnt make since for me. Did you pick up your cd player today?

I suppose this help for older scratched CDs that are ripped to the computer.

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #64 of 88
Most of my cds are brand new since I had to start over from scratch when they were stolen. Now my cds get ripped to my laptop and then stored. If I need a cd Ill just burn them to take somewhere which is what Im doing right at this moment to have something to listen to at the meet.

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #65 of 88
I may go tomorrow and get a few more done? Just to have for the meet! The CD's don't really sound better, they just work. I guess that means something? The CD player is new so it may be a combination of things?

Jul 25, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #66 of 88
I'm preparing about tube sets for my WA6SE. My main output tubes got a bit oxidized and produced some audible buzzing sound when using low imdepance phones. I do need to put Dioxit for all night to make their pins clean.
frown.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #68 of 88
I really want to hear that wa6 since a woo amp is on my radar in the future.

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #69 of 88
Tubes are great, wait till you tube roll.
tongue_smile.gif
Then it gets really interesting. And then try all the different headphones? Really interesting!

Witty, I got the Caig. I will bring it.

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #70 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll keep update when more people confirm to join and list the gear.
smily_headphones1.gif

WittyzTH,
Please add to the meet equipment list:
a vinyl front end featuring a recently upgraded Rega P3 / Grace 707 / Shure V15 IV / Sweetcome tonearm cabling / Cy Brenneman Phono Stage
Samsung NC 10 netbook music server
E-Mu 0404
Benchmark DAC1 Pre
Senn HD 650

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #71 of 88
WittyzTH, I could bring Caig ProGold GxL contact enhancer for the pins of your noisy tubes. It's formulated for high temperature applications.
I'll check into the HVAC at the meeting room. I am concerned with the noise it might produce.
Many of the posters at Phonogram Equipment list have sung the praises of the Audio Desk Systeme CD trimmer. It's effect has been explained as reducing the scatter of the laser light within the media to get better read accuracy from the optical head. Less error, less error correction, closer to bit-perfect transmission of info. A superior result is achieved by secure ripping from CD to hard drive, then playing tracks with a properly configured music server and DAC. The stream of digital data is then bit-perfect.
I'll verify today that food and beverage are allowed in the meeting room. Otherwise the world's best supermarket is right next door to the library. You can get bread from Paris that is flown in weekly there. They have a deli and a coffee shop. Starbuck's is only two blocks away. Safeway nearly three blocks away. Jack in the Box two blocks. Pizza the same.

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #72 of 88
Quote:

A superior result is achieved by secure ripping from CD to hard drive, then playing tracks with a properly configured music server and DAC

Thats how I do it. I use dbpoweramp for ripping bit perfect and jriver mediacenter with wasapi output for playback. Your netbook is probably using xp with asio?

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #73 of 88
From prior experience with meets at various library's food is allowed only in the meeting rooms. Bellevue Library even has a kitchen area in theirs. Looking forward to eating something in West Seattle.

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #74 of 88
Hows the parking there, I just took a look where it was. Near alki on a hot day. Could be a packed area.

Jul 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #75 of 88
Sorry, I'm going to definitely going to miss the aftermeet. Might even leave a little early but I'll try to get there on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back