Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/30/2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #31 of 56
  Hoping to make this my first ever head-fi meet.  Is anyone interested to hear the Grado GH-1?  No offence if not...

Bring them, we have not auditioned them at a meet yet. There will be great gear to plug them in to.

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #32 of 56
  Hoping to make this my first ever head-fi meet.  Is anyone interested to hear the Grado GH-1?  No offence if not...

Yes, interested. Bring it. The other Grados you have in your sig are welcome and appreciated too. I haven't listened to any of the "e" series yet. I'd like to hear one. I can bring my SR-325is as a comparison. My Cavalli Liquid Fire amp is a nice match with Grados. There will be other amps at the meet that are nice with Grados. And that's part of the fun. Finding out how headphones sound with different amps.

Apr 14, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #33 of 56
I just saw this the other day and would definitely be interested in going. I had been thinking of doing a mini-meetup of some friends of mine and then got the idea to check here. We're all excited about the idea of taking the ferry out and meeting up with some other folks who love headphones.

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #34 of 56
  I just saw this the other day and would definitely be interested in going. I had been thinking of doing a mini-meetup of some friends of mine and then got the idea to check here. We're all excited about the idea of taking the ferry out and meeting up with some other folks who love headphones.

Wow 1st post, Thank you. You will have fun. We have been doing this a while. It is worth the boat ride.

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #35 of 56
So who has room for for a carpooler? And where are you coming from?

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #37 of 56
Looks like I will still be in town at month end, so will make the meet. The plan at this point is -- will come around Tacoma-Narrows and hot transport my Yggy. JJ is carpooling with me and and will have his Rok. So we'll have a Schiit stack for folks to plug dynamic cans into. I'll run a 2nd line out to my Stax amp so we can do ES cans. Won't bring my Woo & cans.

Big Poppa, are you bringing the JK battery usb, remember we want to try it into Yggy?

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #38 of 56
Who is bringing new gear.....................

Have been trying to snag a pair of SR-404LE for some time. 2009 Stax anniversary, 1000 made. Finally sniped one.

Some of you have heard the incredible SteamPunk tube stick (converts your PC or mac to full tube operation :D) but I'll bring it along for those that haven't.

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #40 of 56
OK guys, 1PM is for tube warm up. Tube gear needs a little more TLC than Solid State. 2pm for everything else. There is enough space for everyone. Believe me, we have done this a few times. Please understand the nice folks at Bottlehead are working 6 days straight just to host us. With that, I would hope everyone understands the start times.  We will prolly get some food before the meet. Just part of the meet activities. PM me for details. Please bring powerstrips, extra cables, you guys know the drill. Anyone needs anything for the meet let me know. Can source things kinda easy.  Carpools have been forming. You walk on the ferry we will get you to the meet(Please make it at a normal time prior to the meet, not too early). Have done that before. New Head-fiers, happy you are coming. You will have a great time, bring a friend and your gear. It is worth it. To the Vets. Will be nice to see all of you again, and catch up. Yes my rig is nuts. Very tweaked. Been on a bender making my rig sound smooth and euphoric, that is my sound signature. But to everyone, glad everyone is coming to the 1st meet of the season. This meet will show you what everyone is doing with their rigs. Most rigs have been gone through and sound amazing. And we will be able to answer your questions. We have been there. You may hear words like Phase reversal, Sonarworks, Piezoelectric effect, Akiko Sticks, and a few others. Just things we are doing at the moment.

Apr 21, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #41 of 56
Hi total noob here, and I wanted to start this hobby right by getting fully immersed, so to speak. Any recommendations on what to expect/learn beforehand?  On the topic of transportation I read it mentioned that one could get a ride from ferry terminal. What will be the most convenient time frame for that? Thanks I and I hope those questions are not as silly as I fear X)

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #42 of 56
  Hi total noob here, and I wanted to start this hobby right by getting fully immersed, so to speak. Any recommendations on what to expect/learn beforehand?  On the topic of transportation I read it mentioned that one could get a ride from ferry terminal. What will be the most convenient time frame for that? Thanks I and I hope those questions are not as silly as I fear X)

If you get to Bainbridge after 2pm it would make it easier for someone to pick you up, prolly be me. Someone may post they are catching a specific boat so keep an eye out for that. Glad you are coming. You will have a great time.

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #43 of 56
Not sure if I have posted in this thread yet, things are a little crazy these days. We will have the usual setup at the meet, with plenty of room for everyone's rig in the lobby, my office (got space for you in there Gil), the lab and the stock room. We will have our gear running upstairs. The plan is to demo a Crack that has a Speedball upgrade and all the popular Head-Fi flavored mods like big honking film caps, a power supply filter choke, and an upgraded volume control. We will have next to it a bone stock Crackatwoa amp with the upcoming CrackQuiet attenuator upgrade. The amps will have brand and date code matched tubes. Both will be fed from our digital source. The idea is for everyone to get a sense of how our refinement of the circuit design improves the sound vs. using a lot of boutique components. I think folks will be surprised by the bandwidth of the Crackatwoa.

We will also have a demo setup with my Nagra/Bottlehead tape machine playing tapes through a Mainline amp (headphones TBD) and a Kaiju 300B amp playing through some AKG K1000s. 

I'll be in a recording session at Skywalker Sound all next week and will be getting back just in the nick time for this meet. Apologies in advance if I'm not promptly responding to questions next week.

See youse guys then -

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #44 of 56
To those who are thinking of taking the ferry, PM me to get my cell so we can do this. Bottlehead is 10 minutes most from the ferry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back