Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/30/2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #16 of 56
Sounds awesome! I'd like to make it to this meet if I'm not working that day. I can bring my analog monster rig again - Sansui G33000, Dual 1229. The SX-1980 has been replaced.
If anyone wants to pair a DAC and some headphones, I'd love to hear from you to coordinate your source.

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #17 of 56
Looking forward to this one, and it sounds like my girlfriend will be joining me.

Sounds like this is not the first time it's been hosted by/at Bottlehead.  Do they generally have their kits for sale at these events?

Not sure what gear I will be bringing - somewhat depends if we decided to just come out for the meet, or spend the entire weekend on the island.  The former will give me more flexibility in what I can bring - so I won't make any promises until I know exactly what we're doing.

That said, the HD800S and Abyss will probably tag along either way, but the WA5 will only be practical if we're just doing the meet and not staying longer.

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #18 of 56
Hey Torq, just bring the gear you are comfortable with and have a good time.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #19 of 56
Hi there - I'm also pretty new here and have a couple of questions about these meet-ups. 

1) How often do they happen?  Its called the Spring Meet, so am I right to assume it's roughly quarterly? 

2) At the risk of exposing myself as the complete noob that I am, how does it work?  Do you just show up and ask to listen to other people's equipment?  I don't really have anything worth sharing at this point (I don't think), but I'd love to try listening to a few specific sets of 'phones and amps before spending (even) more money.  Do I need to bring my own source? 

After writing this, I'm realizing that there might be an "Intro to Meet-ups" post somewhere I should probably look-up, but I guess I'm also thinking that there may also be local differences.  Feel free to point me in that direction if I've missed it. 

Thanks!

OH

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #20 of 56
Yup, just show up. Try the equipment,.with the permission of the owner. Not complicated. You'll enjoy the time spent with like minded folk. Buy gear when you're ready, then share it at meets as you please.
We have been meeting quarterly. Don't see that changing soon.

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #21 of 56
  Hi there - I'm also pretty new here and have a couple of questions about these meet-ups. 

1) How often do they happen?  Its called the Spring Meet, so am I right to assume it's roughly quarterly? 

2) At the risk of exposing myself as the complete noob that I am, how does it work?  Do you just show up and ask to listen to other people's equipment?  I don't really have anything worth sharing at this point (I don't think), but I'd love to try listening to a few specific sets of 'phones and amps before spending (even) more money.  Do I need to bring my own source? 

After writing this, I'm realizing that there might be an "Intro to Meet-ups" post somewhere I should probably look-up, but I guess I'm also thinking that there may also be local differences.  Feel free to point me in that direction if I've missed it. 

Thanks!

OH

If you think you can miss on one and catch it on the next, usually there are a staple of guys that show up to these and these are the guys that do the tweaks here and there. Then there are the once or twice a year guys also with great gear, what you may catch on one of the meets may not be there again until next year. That's what makes having these meets often great, and the fact that there's usually never enough time to try everything you want on one day. Meets are typically anywhere from 4-5hrs long not counting pre and post meet stuff.

Show up, settle in (if you've got gear) and trying people's stuff. If you have headphones and no other gear, you can try your headphones on people's stations usually. Typically trying people's gear at their station that's already plugged in is a go-for-it situation, taking someone's gear and trying it on yours or other people's gear requires you to ask the owner. If you don't know what you're doing when operating someone's gear, ask.

If you do borrow anything, once you're done you should give it back to the owner and let them know if you've put it back to their station. You're responsible for the item, treat it care and ask before letting someone else borrow it. Other than that ask any questions away, try the stuff, and leave with knowledge and a trembling wallet.

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #24 of 56
hello,

as we live in glorious Slaughter County we will definitely be there with our usual mid-fi crap.

BottleHeadquarters is an excellent venue as the best organic distiller in the USA is just across the way, there is a good brewery and winery in the same block, and the hosts are wonderful! (and the folks that show up are pretty darn awesome as well.)

MrsForBin and i have acquired electronics since our last appearance.

we will be bringing:

Schitt Lyr 2 (with electro-harmonix Gold Lion 6922 glass)
Schitt Bimby
(these two boxes have been powered on [except for black outs] for the month they've been in the house.)
Schitt Asgard 2
Schitt Bifrost 4490
(MrsForBin turns things off at night.)
MrsForBin's ThinkPad as source (Apple LossLess, JRiver, WASAPI) with any luck i will be able to figure out how to get the two Schitt stacks to play nice with it.

AKG K550
AKG/Massdrop K7XX
NAD Viso HP50
Phillips Fidelio X2/27

if there is any interest from the portable crowd i could bring my newly acquired Sony Walkman NWZA17. i like it quite a bit, but think its needs an external amp due to its wonky output impedance.

really pumped to listen to HD800S which looks likes there will be a pair in attendance.

if this is your first meet COME ON DOWN, i think this is the best venue in all of Washington for these shindigs.

this is gonna be a blast!

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #25 of 56
Doc B, Queen Eileen , are some of the nicest people on the planet . For hosts, to the 9's. If you are on the fence. just come to meet. Will not be be disappointed.

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #26 of 56
Barring any last-minute familial emergencies, it looks like we'll make it.  Will be staying over the weekend, so only bringing cans:

Abyss AB-1266
Audeze LCD-4
HD800S

I have SE and XLR cables for all of them.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #27 of 56
Here I go again with a few words.
If this is your first meet, Bring your gear. you will get to listen to different gear with it. Also Bring a friend. Share the experience.
Bring your questions, we can help answer them.
We are a laid back group so relax.
Please bring a power strip and extra cables. Just be prepared
You don't have to bring every little piece of equipment. One great rig is awesome enough. Exception, portable gear. just keep it handy.
You need help coordinating transportation, let me know I can help.
Biggest thing, relax and have a good time.

Hope this addresses a few things

Apr 12, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #28 of 56
Who is bringing new gear.....................

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #30 of 56
Hoping to make this my first ever head-fi meet.  Is anyone interested to hear the Grado GH-1?  No offence if not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back