Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/30/2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #46 of 56
Hey Big Poppa,

Yep, I'll be there.  I've been itching to visit with Doc B. and his tapehead expertise!  I'm mainly an analogue guy and listening to my Tandberg TD20A SE at the moment through my Woo2 and T1.  I was thinking of bringing this setup to the meet if there's interest.  I also have the DT-880/600 and a few other cans to bring for sampling that go well with the  Woo amp.  I'm hoping to corner you and some of the others to talk E188CC's, 6922's, 6DJ8's and other driver tubes.  Right now I'm using the Sylvannia JAN 6922 along with the Tung-Sol 5998, but know there is more to be had with an upgrade there!

I would really like to use a dedicated solid state headamp also, so am looking around for something commensurate to add to my system setup.  The meets are always a great place to try out new gear!

The other thing on my mind this week is power cords!!  What, you say, SNAKE OIL!  That's what I thought until I tried swapping out power cords on my ZDAC to hear if would make a difference.  Sadly, it does.

It will be good for people to hear the Crack amp and have something like the Woo amp to compare.  Let's face it, the Crack is STILL one of the best (if not THE best) values in all the headphone DIY hobby and it sounds ridiculously good.  One of these would look very tasty in my music room!  My soldering skill is weak, but I'm wanting to take a shot at this one!

Okay, see you all there! 

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #47 of 56
hello,

per my own struggles and Schitt tech support (thanks Nick T!) you cannot have two Schitt stacks share the same Windoze source simultaneously.
frown.gif

so, our set up will be the Lyr 2 with eletro-hamonix glass and the Bimby.

MrsForBin and i will still be bringing the same cans.

really looking forward to seeing y'all again!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #48 of 56
  Not sure if I have posted in this thread yet, things are a little crazy these days. We will have the usual setup at the meet, with plenty of room for everyone's rig in the lobby, my office (got space for you in there Gil), the lab and the stock room. We will have our gear running upstairs. The plan is to demo a Crack that has a Speedball upgrade and all the popular Head-Fi flavored mods like big honking film caps, a power supply filter choke, and an upgraded volume control. We will have next to it a bone stock Crackatwoa amp with the upcoming CrackQuiet attenuator upgrade. The amps will have brand and date code matched tubes. Both will be fed from our digital source. The idea is for everyone to get a sense of how our refinement of the circuit design improves the sound vs. using a lot of boutique components. I think folks will be surprised by the bandwidth of the Crackatwoa.

We will also have a demo setup with my Nagra/Bottlehead tape machine playing tapes through a Mainline amp (headphones TBD) and a Kaiju 300B amp playing through some AKG K1000s. 

I'll be in a recording session at Skywalker Sound all next week and will be getting back just in the nick time for this meet. Apologies in advance if I'm not promptly responding to questions next week.

See youse guys then -

Will you have kits available to buy there for any of your products?

Apr 27, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #51 of 56
hello,

the Lyr 2 was developed a very noisy headphone jack so i have had to request a repair.

our setup will now be Asgard 2 and Bimby.

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #53 of 56
^There will be all sorts of goodies at the meet so don't you worry.
   I'm pretty sure there will be at least 2 or more.
wink_face.gif

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #55 of 56
I know there are a few of us packing right now. It sucks getting up way early to pack up the rig after you get it set up just right. And not bringing everything just doesn't give the audition the way it sounds in your home. We have all been there. I am not bringing everything. Just way too much. But what I am bringing like the new Mytek Brooklyn Dac, will be fun to audition. Besides my rig and all the tweaks. If anyone needs anything just let me know. Can usually handle anything that comes up.

May 2, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #56 of 56
I gotta say that time went by so fast at this meet.

And I got a chance to catch up with a few fellow audiophools as well, which is always a good thing.

Thanks to Doc B, Queen Eileen, and the rest of the Bottlehead crew for a wonderful time.

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back