Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/30/2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 29, 2016 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

BIG POPPA

Headphoneus Supremus
Perfect weather to take a boat ride to Bainbridge island. The great folks at Bottlehead have invited us again for our spring meet. Queen Eileen and Doc B are the nicest hosts you can ask for a Head-fi Meet.

When: Saturday April 30, 2016
Time  : 1pm to warm up tubes, 2pm for solid state gear
Where: BottleHeadquarters
             9415 Coppertop loop
              Suite 101
             Bainbridge Island WA 98110
             (206) 451-4275

Please let me know if I need to help with carpooling or help with gear for the meet.

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 56
sub

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 56
sub

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 56
Hey I'm pretty new around here. I've come here from time to time for reviews and browsing threads and stuff, but only just got around to making an account. My GF is kinda picky about headphone comfort and is looking to get something new for work, but we're having a hard time finding anywhere to try on a decent selection. (Best we've been able to come by is the Magnolia in Northgate Best Buy, but that was still a pretty slim selection.)

Looking around online I saw a few recommendations to try to find a meet and here one is! Was wondering how you would feel about having a new member join in with you all? :)

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 56
Hey I'm pretty new around here. I've come here from time to time for reviews and browsing threads and stuff, but only just got around to making an account. My GF is kinda picky about headphone comfort and is looking to get something new for work, but we're having a hard time finding anywhere to try on a decent selection. (Best we've been able to come by is the Magnolia in Northgate Best Buy, but that was still a pretty slim selection.)

Looking around online I saw a few recommendations to try to find a meet and here one is! Was wondering how you would feel about having a new member join in with you all? :)
Please come and bring your gf , you will have a lot of fun. There will be some amazing gear and great people to ask questions. We are a laid back bunch that really enjoy our rigs. And do have some of the nicest hosts on the planet, the crew at Bottlehead.

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #7 of 56

The different amount of headphones you'll be able to try at the meet will not be like any you can experience from stores. Although a lot of the headphones being used at these meets are open-backs, there are still quite a few people with closed-back ones for isolation that are a lot better than the ones at Best Buy.

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 56

Maybe soundsgoodtome will sell you his beautiful Fostex TH-X00. He never keeps anything longer than 6 months. :D

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #9 of 56
Maybe soundsgoodtome will sell you his beautiful Fostex TH-X00. He never keeps anything longer than 6 months.
biggrin.gif

It's been on loan since the mini-meet, that should spark the interest again and at least get me to 8 months... haha

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #10 of 56
JJ and I have been working on tweaks very heavy since the last meet. My MPX3 may be ready by the meet. It needs some TLC. It doesn't matter. The way the rig is now. What ever is plugged in is pretty amazing. Have a Pint at the moment. All the power, Ground, and the many tweaks are just working mighty fine. Quantum physic's are in play now. But this is after cables, fuses, chips, blocks, footers. The rig is been gone very thorough. before the last few tweaks. The more I try things, the more I learn what works , and what doesn't. Lately it has been working well.

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #11 of 56
So who is going to do the carpool thing from Seattle?

JJ

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #12 of 56
Mar 18, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #14 of 56
I've got this one on my calendar. I like the Bottlehead meets.

How late do you expect the meet to go to?

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #15 of 56
The great things with the Bottlehead Meets:
  1. Excellent hosts, Doc B and Queen B allows a full headquarters take-over with more gear than you'll know what to do with. The upstairs is a cool section with all the Bottlehead gear, the AKG 1000 is the centerpiece running up there, as well as the tape system and the entire bottlehead line. Downstairs is a newly installed vinly area, listen to your headphones vinyl through one of the Bottlehead tube amps, how cools is that.
  2. Seperate areas/rooms for stations keeps db levels down; allows for conversations without raising the noise floor drastically. Listening levels can be ~75-80db instead of 90db at regular 1-room meets.
  3. You get to ride a ferry from Seattle to get to the meet, I mean it doesn't get more NW than that. It's only about 10m if that from the ferry dock as well - if you walk-on, someone from the meet will get you but make sure to contact Gil or one of the attending members to secure a pickup days before.
  4. The amount of gear you'll be subjected to is audio overload. From the Bottlehead line to the different gear the local guys bring, there's something to be awed by. The 4-5 hours goes by way too quick and by the time you've remembered what you wanted to hear when you got there, people are packing up. 
  5. Last but not least, everyone is friendly. The beer provides some social lubricant so feel free to byob (as long as you're over 21) and snacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back