Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015
Apr 24, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #121 of 189
Some of us are taking the 10:35 ferry to go to the http://harbourpub.com/ to get there around 11:15 or so for Pre meet. Bring your cameras, this is one of those places you do not want to miss. And yes Doc B. turned me on to this place. BIG POPPA, tk155, curbfeeler,xtreme4099 will be there. Noobs you want to be on this boat. Pre meet boat ride, we are here to answer questions. I am one of those foodie?chef types. So we do eat good, drink good, and have the best host and hostess.

Apr 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #122 of 189
My brother and I will try and make it.  Coming down from Vancouver.  I am bringing my LCD-3's and Shure SE846's with my Pono LE (can't bring my Burson Conductor unfortunately).  My brother will be bringing his LCD-3's and I am going to see if I can talk him into bringing his WA7.

This is our first meet up and we are looking forward to trying out some other gear.

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #123 of 189
If we could get a rough head count for tomorrow that would be helpful. Based upon who we know is coming so far there should be plenty of room, and having a rough idea of the number of attendees will help us set it up in the best possible manner. 

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #124 of 189
  Some of us are taking the 10:35 ferry to go to the http://harbourpub.com/ to get there around 11:15 or so for Pre meet. Bring your cameras, this is one of those places you do not want to miss. And yes Doc B. turned me on to this place. BIG POPPA, tk155, curbfeeler,xtreme4099 will be there. Noobs you want to be on this boat. Pre meet boat ride, we are here to answer questions. I am one of those foodie?chef types. So we do eat good, drink good, and have the best host and hostess.

Sounds great!

What's a safe time to arrive at the terminal in order to catch the 10:35?

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #125 of 189
  If we could get a rough head count for tomorrow that would be helpful. Based upon who we know is coming so far there should be plenty of room, and having a rough idea of the number of attendees will help us set it up in the best possible manner. 

Head Count: 1

(not quite sure how to do this, but maybe others could post a reply that adds to the Head Count)

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #126 of 189
There are a few tubes of interest to me if anyone owns them and is comfortable allowing me to try them in my Project Ember:

Tung-Sol 6SN7 round black plate
Sylvania 6SN7A or 6SN7W
Any brand of 6GU7

Thanks!

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #127 of 189
I'll be there.
I'm leaving this evening and staying overnight in Bremerton.
I'll likely be able to make the pre-meet at the Harbour House.

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #128 of 189
I guess that would make me headcount #3. This is going to be my first meet, but unfortunately I won't be taking the ferry, as I am based in Tacoma, so I will just be heading up the Olympic Peninsula. 

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #129 of 189
Some help on ideas for music I can buy tonight to broaden my collection would be appreciated.  Basically I’m looking for an album or two for both Pop (Taylor Swift?) and EDM that will be recognized by those wanting demo my gear using either of these genres – that are also well recorded / mastered.  And since it's last minute it needs to be something I can download or find at Target (or Best Buy if they even sell CDs).

Also, any insight as to the best Beatles remaster(s) would be helpful.

Thanks!

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #130 of 189
Some help on ideas for music I can buy tonight to broaden my collection would be appreciated.  Basically I’m looking for an album or two for both Pop (Taylor Swift?) and EDM that will be recognized by those wanting demo my gear using either of these genres – that are also well recorded / mastered.  And since it's last minute it needs to be something I can download or find at Target (or Best Buy if they even sell CDs).

Thanks!

I would say Taylor Swift's new album (1989) and random access memories by daft punk.

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #131 of 189

I'll be there with some friends and family. Probably 4 total.

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #133 of 189
I bought their box set and i would say Abbey Road is probably a good one to bring. I have the cd if you want.

Other good ones: Rubber Soul, Yellow Submarine, Sgt Pepper

Thanks!

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #135 of 189

Thanks!

I'm not sure if it's everyone's taste in music, but this album was put together to analyse a headphone's performance for various categories.
http://www.hdtracks.com/open-your-ears

Personally I like tracks 2, 3, and 5. Also, it's $9 for a 24/96 album! That's pretty much unheard of these days with HD albums usually being well over $16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back