Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015
Apr 24, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #151 of 189
Hey Doc,

Would you have room for a Free / Give-away table?  Then us attendees can share our wealth of duplicate / unused gear, cds and the like with one-another.

Thanks!

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #153 of 189
Is it kosher to sell gear that you don't need anymore at these functions? I have a few headphones and devices (AKG 551, Beyer DT770, ADL X1) that I no longer need and would make a really good deal on to anyone who's interested so I can avoid the hassle and expense of listing/PayPal/packing/shipping in the classifieds. But I completely understand if this is uncool for a meetup so wanted to find out what is considered couth/uncouth. Really looking forward to this!

-John

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #154 of 189
It's good to see the portable gear segment well represented.

Indeed!

If anyone wants to try the Astrapi or HA-2 with their smartphone or tablet, make sure you have the Onkyo HF Player (or similar) installed if you want to try higher resolution music. I believe the HA-2 supports up to DSD256 on iPhone 5S and higher models whereas the Astrapi is only up to 192 kHz sampling rates.

I'll have the needed cables for most smartphones out there (USB OTG, OPPO's special non-power-drawing USB OTG, Apple CCK, micro-miniUSB OTG, Lightning-USB cable, 30-pin line-out dock).

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #155 of 189
Bringing stuff to sell is fine - as long as you guys let me take some orders too. 
wink_face.gif

Really the only rules are -

Show the utmost respect for other people's gear. Ask if you don't know how to use something and don't borrow anything without permission. Participants are usually great about letting you try something in your rig, and that is because everyone here is always very careful with other people's gear. When you are done listening it's good practice to turn the volume down so the next guy doesn't get blasted or blow his sensitive headphones on an amp left running at high volume.

Keep the conversation mellow in order to let others listen in relative peace. It should be very nice outside tomorrow if a spirited conversation is necessary and there is also a brewery right next door where one can get as rowdy as they want.

And lastly, simply be nice. It's always a great group. We all have our eccentricities but everyone gets along really well.

Apr 24, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #156 of 189
If I actually sell anything, I am quite likely to be the one making a BH order, so this could work out nicely for all parties.  :wink:   Will have Crack and S.E.X. in tow in case additional BH sampling devices are desired by anyone. Mine include all upgrades available from the mothership but are otherwise stock.

-John

Apr 24, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #157 of 189
It's always great if users can bring their Bottlehead gear. We usually only have one example of each amp on display and sometimes it can get a little backed up with people waiting to hear a particular product. It's also cool because some gear might have some unique mods and people can also get an idea of how they sound with different music sources.

Apr 24, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #158 of 189

BobFigginsSchiit Vali

Also the Modi 2 Uber + Sennheiser HD 700. Will be bringing a Chromebook for the source with some songs loaded on a USB stick. Work is going to bleed into early Saturday, not sure I'll have enough time to get enough songs on it. Only have a few albums downloaded.

Also purchased a power strip, just in case.

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #162 of 189
I'm not sure if it's everyone's taste in music, but this album was put together to analyse a headphone's performance for various categories.
http://www.hdtracks.com/open-your-ears

Personally I like tracks 2, 3, and 5. Also, it's $9 for a 24/96 album! That's pretty much unheard of these days with HD albums usually being well over $16.

Just bought it in 16-bit for $6 plus added a 2013 sampler under Chesky Records (last page in the record catalog) in 24-bit for free.

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #164 of 189
I'll be bringing AKG K7xx, Westone 4R, Momentum Mark 1 Over-ear version.

O2 Amp and ibasso D-zero MK1 running as my dac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back