Seattle Spring Meet 3/22/08
Mar 30, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #77 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to get a nice intro CDP/SACD ... All I got for source is my AV-710 & DAP .. and 1st gen xbox if you're really picky

I know where a Yamaha SACD/DVD player is, it is even a 5-disc changer.... $40 in a local pawnshop, no remote control though.

But changers are a pain in the A to mod, so little workable rooms inside, gave me much grief when I was modding my Sony C601ES
mad.gif

Mar 30, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #78 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know where a Yamaha SACD/DVD player is, it is even a 5-disc changer.... $40 in a local pawnshop, no remote control though.

But changers are a pain in the A to mod, so little workable rooms inside, gave me much grief when I was modding my Sony C601ES
mad.gif

You are SOOOO the Mad Scientist of the bunch
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #80 of 113
Mar 30, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #83 of 113
Audiocats, I am one of your biggest fans. You mod like this you will have a customer for life. Really!!!! You keep things down to earth.

Mar 30, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #85 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, when I showed my wife thesrots table I could see the words 'don't even think about it' forming in here head
tongue.gif

Can you guess that I'm single? Which begs the question, is it that I can buy stereo equipment because I am single or am I single so I can buy stereo equipment?

Mar 31, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #86 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also have the cheap Sony SACD player (not sure which model is) and I'm interested in mod it too.
biggrin.gif

----

oh.. it's CE595.

Somehow I have a feeling that the CE595 is actually not worth modding...... Yes you can get major improvements by throwing $200 into it, but it is better to start with something much higer end. At least the transport/digital portion should be beefy enough (changers and cheap single players are usually not).
I kind of regret buying/modding my C601ES changer. after spending the time and some tinkering, the finaly result is still not up to my standard. I am only using it to play back-ground music for my little infinity speakers now, for headphones I have to use the modded X555ES (the single-disc player I took to the meet).
redface.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #87 of 113
WOW, this is the feedback I was looking for. Didn't think it was like this. Thanks Audiocats. You have saved a few of us....

Mar 31, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #88 of 113
I guess we can always mod the crap out of the electronics portion, but there isn't much we can do about the mechanical/disc reading head. Pretty much have to get higher end players (preferably ex-flagship models) to get higher performence in those areas
redface.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #89 of 113
ohh thanks Kevin. Actually, I have a doubt that keeping it and modding it or selling it because I think SQ is not quite good. (well, it's just CDP that can play SACD but nothing special.)

with your suggestion, I may sell it and save some money for new DAC since I'm going to have new PC this week. and EMU1616M won't fit with it.
frown.gif

another thing I'm trying to do is the 75ohm adaptors for my AT. It helps my AT work better on the low register, but somehow degrade SQ a bit. (probably it's because of the cheap resistors and connector from Ratchack)

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #90 of 113
Who had the LD MKI ? What op-amp did you have in it initially? It drive my DT770's very well
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back