SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Jan 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #391 of 569
Front Panel Express is Donating 5 or more Custom Solid State Buffered Headphone Amps for the Raffle. Will get some pix soon.

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #392 of 569

Quote:
Well see if sachu makes it. He has a tendency to take the scenic route....
rolleyes.gif

Ethen. at some point we can hook your bada up to my mac/offramp. If you are close by, it is just a matter of transferring the aes/ebu cable xlr) over to it.

Sounds like a plan, Josh.  We'll see if there's room to set up next to you.  I think my ego can handle my rig being next to your's. 
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Looking forward to listening to Ethan bada'ss system  :wink:

LOL...I see what you did there.

Unfortunately, while I think the Touch is a nice source for the money, it probably isn't in the same league as the rest of the rig.  Hence why it'll be fun to hook it up to Josh's or Stan's transport.

BTW, did you need a place to crash?

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #393 of 569
Gil, I'll be there, so can take the "maybe" off.  Pretty sure I won't be able to make to aftermeet though.  

Same gear:

L3000
DHA3000
iMac

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #395 of 569
Great to hear. Do we need to make Linus a badge?
smile.gif

Quote:
Gil, I'll be there, so can take the "maybe" off.  Pretty sure I won't be able to make to aftermeet though.  

Same gear:

L3000
DHA3000
iMac

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #396 of 569

Quote:
Great to hear. Do we need to make Linus a badge?
smile.gif

I wish I could bring him but think he's a little young for the event.  But already playing him a lot of music (not that baby stuff), so hopefully he'll be into headphones when he's old enough.

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #397 of 569

Raffle is getting more interesting all the time :)

Quote:
Front Panel Express is Donating 5 or more Custom Solid State Buffered Headphone Amps for the Raffle. Will get some pix soon.

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #398 of 569
Linus will have headphones soon enough. Gabezilla has his kid safe cans. They don't get too loud when he plays his leapfrog. He even likes Ozzy's "crazytrain"

Quote:
I wish I could bring him but think he's a little young for the event.  But already playing him a lot of music (not that baby stuff), so hopefully he'll be into headphones when he's old enough.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #400 of 569
I want to join this exciting event!

I only have some mainstream gears.

I'll bring K702 and K240S with custom cable with Audinst HUD-mx1 with a CAT-6 USB cable.

Looking forward to see you guys :wink:

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #401 of 569
@ Sachu:  will be bringing the wireless mouse and keyboard for your MacMini.  As for a monitor....I could, but only as a last resort so keep begging...

As I  want to be respectful of others in my vicinity, I am open to ideas as to how I can be less acoustically intrusive as you all know how loud I go with those cans of yourn and mine....(I am thankful for the respectful tolerance you all have afforded me in that regard).  As it stands, a few friends have gotten bit by the beauty of a higher-end HP system and want to come to the meet to see what its all about, but I fear it will truly disrupt the ambience as they go louder than me....
blink.gif

I am leaning towards coming aboard Friday afternoon to set up....It's a bit more gear this time....really jazzed about it.

Fell off my chair laughing at the Ol' wives tales...mine went so far as to make me sign a contract not to buy anything in 2012 and beyond without selling something first.....(as it turns out, she can't sue the marital estate for breach...so I can just stick out my tongue and go about my way....)

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #402 of 569
Anyone gonna lug along a Yulong D100?  I've been eyeing it for a while.. I've read nothing but good things about it for the most part.. and looks like a titan at the ~$500 pricepoint.

I will have a D100.

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #404 of 569
lugia862 and oscarhong you guys are added to the list. We will see you there.

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #405 of 569

Quote:

As I  want to be respectful of others in my vicinity, I am open to ideas as to how I can be less acoustically intrusive as you all know how loud I go with those cans of yourn and mine....(I am thankful for the respectful tolerance you all have afforded me in that regard).  As it stands, a few friends have gotten bit by the beauty of a higher-end HP system and want to come to the meet to see what its all about, but I fear it will truly disrupt the ambience as they go louder than me....
blink.gif

Your concern is appreciated but I don't think you need worry. I for one never have a problem with your need for a little extra horsepower. But if you really want to explore the idea I guess this might be one possibility. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back