SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Jan 9, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #361 of 569
Sachu, I am not scared my friend. A staff I will need. Meeting of discussion of this, more than happy too. Call or PM me and we can work on it.

Jan 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #362 of 569

Quote:
The meet gets closer...so much fun.. can't wait.

A CanJam event isn't far fetched in my opinion here in the Northwest. 

Am sure GIl could pull it off..see i like to volunteer you for stuff dude (runs for cover)  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Your going Sachu? Awesome, I remember meeting you at the ALO Audio meet. Your LCD-2's through the Cavalli sounded absolutely excellent. Looking forward to meeting you again!

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #363 of 569
Going to Bainbridge tomorrow with the wife instead of Curbfeeler. He got stuck at work. A little nervous making it interesting for her. Yeah we will do lunch somewhere cool and do what we have to do. Hope it turns out OK for her. She usually just lets me do my Head-fi on my own. Uh OHHHHH

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #364 of 569
My wife is largely in the dark regarding my Head-Fi obsession.  She just sees a bunch of phones lying around and gets angry.. I told her I was planning to go Seattle to listen to gear with some other like-minded individuals.. she stared, laughed, shook her head... then called me (and by extension, all of you) the biggest nerd(s) ever.  She'll be coming.. but I think she's going to hang out at the mall.

tongue_smile.gif

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #365 of 569
Flysweep, too funny. Women have buying new purses and shoes for a hobby or jewelry
eek.gif
Please let me know if you are not on the list. Everyone on the list will get a cool Front Panel Express Meet Badge.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #366 of 569
You guys are funny, but Im in the same boat. Lately though I noticed that she's been noticing just how much stuff I have. Starting next week she will have weekends off so the good news is I dont have to bring the boy like last time, the bad news is she said in passing that she might stop by and see me and all the gear. Problem is my table will be covered with stuff she has never even seen and Im scared about it lol.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #367 of 569

I am making the trip up from Hood River solo, conflicting commitments, so won't be facing that issue (though I show her everything I get :).
Quote:
You guys are funny, but Im in the same boat. Lately though I noticed that she's been noticing just how much stuff I have. Starting next week she will have weekends off so the good news is I dont have to bring the boy like last time, the bad news is she said in passing that she might stop by and see me and all the gear. Problem is my table will be covered with stuff she has never even seen and Im scared about it lol.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #368 of 569
You know you will be probably sharing a table with someone. She probably won't even notice what is yours. Just let her see with her eyes and let her see all the gear at the meet and that should cure her curiosity.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #370 of 569

Quote:

Just share a table with someone.

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #371 of 569
The rule amongst guys at the shooting range is "after the fourth gun she stops counting". Worked for me, but I do sell off a few (both guns and headphones) now and then to keep it under control. Speaking of which I'll have a few cans for sale at the meet.

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #372 of 569

Yeah, I dont hide anything. She actually mentioned to me in passing the other day that she really likes the sound of the LCD. I never knew she tried any of my headphones lol. They sit openly in the living room and in my drawer's in the tv cabinent. I just dont talk about it much and dont discuss what I bought. I did notice she has a new big brown purse just the other day though.  The only thing Im a little concerned with is the WA2 that is in my home office. She may have seen it many times while visiting me working in there but there is a chance she hasnt. It is definitely an attention getter compared to my little Lyr and Bifrost thats sits in the living room.

Here is a funny one, she saw me wearing the K1000 and was sure to tell me that they look like 80's junk and that she hopes I didnt pay anything for them lol. She was speaking in jest knowing that I was loving them but never the less, I never mentioned what I paid for those. 
Quote:
I am making the trip up from Hood River solo, conflicting commitments, so won't be facing that issue (though I show her everything I get :).

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #373 of 569
I rather like the looks of the K1000.

OK, now you are getting me started on truly ugly headphones :)
My first pair of high quality headphones were a pair of Superex electrostatics many years ago. They looked like a pair of shooting protectors, very industrial. If I could find a pair of Superex or old school Koss ES at a reasonable price I would snap them up.
And here is a pair of headphones I think most would agree are pretty ugly, but are close to the top of my list of phones I would like to try (but will probably never run across a pair).
http://www.precide.ch/eng/eergo/ergo.htm

Quote:
Yeah, I dont hide anything. She actually mentioned to me in passing the other day that she really likes the sound of the LCD. I never knew she tried any of my headphones lol. They sit openly in the living room and in my drawer's in the tv cabinent. I just dont talk about it much and dont discuss what I bought. I did notice she has a new big brown purse just the other day though.  The only thing Im a little concerned with is the WA2 that is in my home office. She may have seen it many times while visiting me working in there but there is a chance she hasnt. It is definitely an attention getter compared to my little Lyr and Bifrost thats sits in the living room.

Here is a funny one, she saw me wearing the K1000 and was sure to tell me that they look like 80's junk and that she hopes I didnt pay anything for them lol. She was speaking in jest knowing that I was loving them but never the less, I never mentioned what I paid for those. 

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #374 of 569

Quote:

I try to show her pictures of the meet so she doesnt have the urge to just stop by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back