Seattle Meet at Bottlehead MARCH 5,2011
Mar 3, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #211 of 238
sounds like a lot of lcd2s at the meet again.  Will definitely be looking forward to trying out the O2 in any shape or form.

I got myself a Total Bithead from Headroom that I'll definitely be bringing to the meet.  Now that I know what I was doing wrong w/ the WA6 (wasnt pushing down the smaller tubes enough) I may bring those as well, just a little issue w/ having to set up my laptop for playback use -- it's typically connected to my desktop.

equus, if you got some of those vocaloid song cds covered by the original singers I'd be interested in checking those out.  I got to hear the first CD of such by Asami Shimoda, recording quality was really, really good and I've heard other similar releases tend to do the same.  Been buying out all the CDs I can find of 'Chata' as of late, she did a similar thing w/ the vocaloid people and it was similarly done well.

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #212 of 238

Quote:
sounds like a lot of lcd2s at the meet again.  Will definitely be looking forward to trying out the O2 in any shape or form.

I got myself a Total Bithead from Headroom that I'll definitely be bringing to the meet.  Now that I know what I was doing wrong w/ the WA6 (wasnt pushing down the smaller tubes enough) I may bring those as well, just a little issue w/ having to set up my laptop for playback use -- it's typically connected to my desktop.

equus, if you got some of those vocaloid song cds covered by the original singers I'd be interested in checking those out.  I got to hear the first CD of such by Asami Shimoda, recording quality was really, really good and I've heard other similar releases tend to do the same.  Been buying out all the CDs I can find of 'Chata' as of late, she did a similar thing w/ the vocaloid people and it was similarly done well.

Chata ftw
k701smile.gif

Recently fell in love with ripping those CDs myself but unfortunately I don't seem to find them in uwajimaya or did I miss something? haha
And I'll bringing my W5000,W1000,CK100 and recently recabled ESW9 of early batch, see if anyone's interested in some ATH goodness on japanese female vocals?
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #213 of 238
Don't have any vocaloid stuff that's non vocaloid.  Only one I can think of off the top of my head that did that was Asami Shimoda, so if you know of any others let me know.  I have a rip of a Megumi Nakajima CD, but I don't think it has any vocaloid covers.

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #214 of 238
I am going to have to rerip some of that japenese music you have. It didnt survive the pc to mac conversion.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #216 of 238
I'm going to be driving up from Portland.  I may decide to take the scenic route to get there.  It'll be fun.  I like Bainbridge Island.

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #217 of 238
We've been sweeping up the loose electrons and collecting all the stray capacitance at the office the past day or two. Today we will be setting up some tables. I don't have a crystal clear picture of who is bringing gear that would require a table and who might just be bringing headphones or maybe just themselves. So maybe I'll just describe what we plan to set up and we can refine it as needed -

I plan to set up three four foot tables in our lobby. Next door in our office will be my multiple amps playing my tape setup, and if he is agreeable to it I'll put ironbut in there with his awesome rig too. Upstairs I have moved our main system against the wall and we can fit about eight more four foot tables up there. In the lab we have a 15 foot long bench where we could easily set up three or four more rigs. That leaves an extra four more tables that I'll have on hand. If necessary we can probably fit one more in the lobby and one more in the lab. This leaves the packing area as a place to have our beverages and munchies and converse without creating too much background noise near the various listening areas. I'll have plenty of chairs. We'll have some munchies and beverages, and you are all welcome to bring something. Grown-up beverages are just fine.

I do strongly suggest remembering to bring a multiple outlet power strip of some sort and maybe an extension cord. We have a good distribution of AC outlets, (and we even have our own transformer in the building) but there is always one more piece of gear that someone will want to plug in...

Address is

9415 Coppertop Loop NE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.

Most GPS units will get you to the business park. If your GPS goes dumb on you when you type in Coppertop Loop NE, try NE Business Park Lane.  Google, Mapquest, etc. are all goofed up when it come to what business is in what building.

From the ferry terminal:

Proceed up highway 305 to Sportsman Club Road (fourth signal).
Turn left on Sportsman Club Road.
Proceed on Sportsman Club Road (bear left), past the church and on to a school zone.
As you approach the school on your right you will see the coppertop buildings on your left.
Turn left at the Sportsman Park sign (street is called NE Business Park Lane) and left again into the park ( which as actually called Coppertop Loop - only on Bainbridge would they give a parking lot a street name).
We are in the very first green building on the left. There are small Bottlehead signs in the windows.
You can load in thru the front door or thru the metal door you see at the end of the building. That back door is closer to the upstairs tables if you want to set up in the "bullpen", also closest to the lab and the food and beverages. The front door is, obviously, closer to the lobby tables.

I do want to address one additional topic - there has been some discussion of trading music. What you guys do amongst yourselves is your own business, but please understand that as a record label owner I support the notion of paying for a legitimate, licensed copy of a recording in order to support the artist who creates it.

Woo Hoo! Looking forward to seeing familiar faces, and also some new ones.

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #218 of 238
I'm still planning to bring along my two audiophile apostles, Jon and Peter, neither of whom are headphone guys really, but both are way into music and audio.  I'm combining the trip with some socializing, and also a job over on Port Townsend so the short version of that is that I need to leave by 6 and may be relying on public transportation for some of my traveling.  If there is interest, and someone has a front-end with two outputs that they'd like to share, I can bring my Violectric V181 (true balanced as well as single-ended outputs, with balanced or single ended inputs).  Shoot me a PM if you have a front end you can share for a few hours of the meet (3-6), otherwise I'm going to leave the amp at home.  My own front end is just too large and awkward to take on this particular trip since I'm bouncing around after the meet. The Violectric is pretty compact and I can easily bring it along.  It's a very good amp, especially with LCD-2's, and I'm told also with HD-800's (though I've not heard it with the latter). 

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #219 of 238
Are you going to be able to bring your LCD-2 and balanced cable, jax?  If you want to and are willing, I can hold on to your stuff and bring it by your place Sunday or some evening if the transportation after the meet is an issue.  Of course, if it'd be a pain to get the stuff to the meet, totally understood.

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #221 of 238
I can probably scrape up a CD/DVD player or two and I think maybe I have an extra tape deck. I might have a new server running - just got the last bits in that I need to give it a test run with our DAC prototype. If time allows I will try to pull it together.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #223 of 238
Really have no way of getting them other than through play-asia or special order.  I got all the commercially available CD's, I would like to get a hold of legit doujin CDs since they have infinitely better songs on them.

Quote:
Chata ftw
k701smile.gif

Recently fell in love with ripping those CDs myself but unfortunately I don't seem to find them in uwajimaya or did I miss something? haha
And I'll bringing my W5000,W1000,CK100 and recently recabled ESW9 of early batch, see if anyone's interested in some ATH goodness on japanese female vocals?
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #224 of 238
if i make it over there tomorrow i will likely bring my Playback Designs MPS-5 digital player to use as a source.

i assume there will be sufficient plug-ins for my Oyaide power strip; i can then plug in the Woo 6SE and Stax SRM-717 to the same strip.

do i need a long extension cord? hopefully not as that really compromises the power quality.

added note; i just read Dan's comments on the extension cords.

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #225 of 238

Quote:
Really looking forward to listening to your tape decks.

Among the decks I have here is a new acquisition, a Studer A80 that I will be setting up for 1" 2 track tape like our Tape Project running masters. It's not ready to play yet, but fairly impressive to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back