Seattle Meet at Bottlehead MARCH 5,2011
Feb 22, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #181 of 238

Quote:
So it there any chance of this meet's hours getting extended? Like starting at noon :)

Sure there is. Nobody may be there, but you are welcome to show up.
tongue_smile.gif
We can have a portable meet in the parking lot.

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #182 of 238

Quote:
Actually, that was the original Stax Omega.  The channel imbalance was so bad that we really couldn't get a real idea of what it sounds like.  I did get an extended session with the K1000, which was nice.  Seems these were the standout at the Bay Area meet.

So it there any chance of this meet's hours getting extended? Like starting at noon :)

Aha....good catch.  My memory isn't what it used to be...whatever that was.

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #183 of 238
I will try to make it.  wont be bringing any gear, as i dont have anything you all would get excited over (this region has gone pretty damn high-end over the years).

I WILL BE BRINGING A LAPTOP AND HARD DRIVE THO.  music swap anyone?

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #184 of 238
Hi guys, I'm just back from a long drive home from the Bay Area meet. If you want to show up a little earlier we will probably be there. As the roster has been growing (yipee!) I have been meaning to map out the table setup that we can squeeze in, but haven't had the time yet. I have fifteen four foot long tables, and we have a 15 foot bench in the lab that could be used as well. I'm thinking maybe nine tables upstairs in the listening room (if I use a shoehorn) and maybe six in the lobby (if I can find a place to park my ginormous Studer tape deck). I'll set my rigs up in our office, maybe put ironbut in there with me. We also have a 4 x 8 foot bench in the packing room that could be used for gear (if I can get permission from Eileen, who I think may have reserved that for some food).

For those of you who haven't been to Bottleheadquarters, there is ample, easy parking. Entry to lobby has no stairs, but there is a staircase up to the listening room.

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #185 of 238
Updated the 1st post a little more. Meet is almost here. Did I miss anyone on the list?

Feb 23, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #187 of 238
yeah..me and Ethan can come by earlier and help with stuff..i plan on being in seattle latest by 10 in the morning.

Gil, do you have a pair of copper conductor based interconnects that i could try out and possibly take home to do an extended loaner listen in my system at the meet?

Feb 23, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #188 of 238
I think we will have enough folks here to get set up before the meet. But many hands make for light work, so if anyone wants to come early and help set up that would be great.

Feb 23, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #189 of 238
Yeah Sachu, I can get you some cables.
Hey Dan, You know I will be there a little early to help. Do I need to start a list going?

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #190 of 238
I will probably there an hour early unless you need me sooner.

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #191 of 238
Coming a little early is great. No need for anyone to go out of their way, as I think there will be four of us here to get set up.

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #192 of 238
Thinking some of us are just ready for the meet, like yesterday
beyersmile.png
. And the Seattle Head-fiers are just ready to help. It is our nature.

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #193 of 238
I just ordered Senns HD650, will bring it to the meet :D

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #194 of 238
This is shaping up to be THE meet of the NW...so much nice stuff. 

I will humbly offer up the following cans: AD2000; Thundering Pants; AKG 501; D7000; HE-5.  They will bring music to our ears via a Rotel RCD-950 sowing its goodness through an EF5/Telefunken-tubed amp, all conditioned with the Running Springs Haley.  Interconnects are by nobody special.

If anyone wants to sample the headphone output of a Lavry DA10, let me know and I can bring that.  I have it now running on my PC through a Razer Barracuda AC-1 audio card and I have to say it sounds really good (to me, at least}   
ksc75smile.gif

And I'll be bringing my trusty busted ears to agonize my nearby tablemates with...Doc might want me to set up in the basement or attic...

Feb 24, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #195 of 238
I wouldn't mind hearing the Lavry DA10.  Might swap it into my system to see how it sounds or something.

As far as table space, I think there's a covered walkway outside.  I kid...I kid.  Please don't take that part seriously. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back