Seattle Meet at Bottlehead MARCH 5,2011
Feb 24, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #196 of 238
quick update, my liquid gold prototype will be there as well. I will be bringing along an exstata SS amp with me but i have no stat headphones other than the ESP950 for which i have no koss to stax cable adapter ..so if there is an O2 there we can listen to it on the exstata for those who want to. This exstata is the fully maxxed version with toshibas and sanyos on the amp boards.

Feb 25, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #197 of 238

Quote:
I wouldn't mind hearing the Lavry DA10.  Might swap it into my system to see how it sounds or something.

As far as table space, I think there's a covered walkway outside.  I kid...I kid.  Please don't take that part seriously. 
wink.gif

At least, with the cold weather there, I will have tubed gear to keep my volume-knob-turning fingers warm and active...
atsmile.gif

Feb 25, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #198 of 238

Quote:
At least, with the cold weather there, I will have tubed gear to keep my volume-knob-turning fingers warm and active...
atsmile.gif

Ah...there's another advantage to tubes!  An Asgard would probably be good for that too.  dunno if we have one around in Seattle.

So it's shaping up to be a great meet, especially if you like Cavalli audio stuff.  Liquid Fire and Liquid Gold prototypes, Stacker II, exStata, and maybe an EHHA.  Where the heck is Seamaster?  It's like a bunch of the amps that he would probably like to audition more for the LCD-2. 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #199 of 238
I dont have an Asgard but the Lyr shipped today so I think I can say with some certainty we will have a Lyr to mess around with. Im hoping I can get some tubes by the 5th but Im thinking it aint gonna happen by next saturday. Dang, I cant wait to hear all this high end gear to compare to my mid-fi stuff. Hopefully I wont go home feeling bad about what I got suddenly wanting to drain my life savings for better stuff lol.   :)

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #200 of 238

Quote:
I dont have an Asgard but the Lyr shipped today so I think I can say with some certainty we will have a Lyr to mess around with. Im hoping I can get some tubes by the 5th but Im thinking it aint gonna happen by next saturday. Dang, I cant wait to hear all this high end gear to compare to my mid-fi stuff. Hopefully I wont go home feeling bad about what I got suddenly wanting to drain my life savings for better stuff lol.   :)

You already have some nice gear not to mention a nice new amp to keep you happy. What type tubes are you looking for?

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #201 of 238
I do have some good gear and Im appreciative of what I have but I have this little problem of always wanting more. Mostly Im excited to possibly find my next DAC and headphones at the meet. Im set on amps, I need sources and phones.

Im not sure what tubes I want since I have little experience with this stuff. I want them for the Lyr so I can have some choices and decide what I like best. So Im looking for  6922's or 6DJ8's. I guess the branding is up in the air at this point. The Sylvanias seem reasonably priced. Im not looking to get crazy with the price but thats up for debate if someone happens to have something on hand :) 

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #202 of 238
That's always a danger of these meets, right?  Unless you've stumbled on a sound you like and are zeroing in or something.  Even then, there's the chance you may want to shake things up.

And I'm glad you have a Lyr.   Haven't had the chance to hear one of those yet. 
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #204 of 238
OK guys, I have got some new music. who else is bringin' some? And where should the Aftermeet be?

Feb 28, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #205 of 238
Hey all, 

Still crossing fingers to make this thing.  Also if I can make it I will bring my Isabellina HPA with D7000 stock if my ipod i-20 arrives in time.  Have a good one all

Tink97

Mar 1, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #206 of 238
Hey all,
Still crossing fingers to make this thing. Also if I can make it I will bring my Isabellina HPA with D7000 stock if my ipod i-20 arrives in time. Have a good one all
Tink97

I miss my d7000 isabellina combo. It will be nice to hear it again.

OK guys, I have got some new music. who else is bringin' some? And where should the Aftermeet be?

I have some new music, but it is all on the harddrive. I should have my XRCD of Eva Cassidy's Songbird by the meet. I heard it has much better mastering and sound quality than the original. I may have my offramp4 by then also. I am hoping it comes in because it would be nice to be able to listen to my HR music again.

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #207 of 238
Anybody bringing a balanced set of lcd2?

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #208 of 238
I have an LCD-2..but no balanced cable..

WE should be able to run both the Liquid FIre and the balancing act from your Skylla DAC yeah?

Could we hook this up?

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #210 of 238

Quote:
I have an LCD-2..but no balanced cable..

WE should be able to run both the Liquid FIre and the balancing act from your Skylla DAC yeah?

Could we hook this up?

No problem. Just make sure you bring some long rca interconnects. My skylla has both rca and xlr outputs. The only thing I will have to do is flip the switch on the back to switch between the two output (amps) quickly. I will also bring my spl meter so they can be relatively around the same loudness for comparisons when you decide to do them. The skylla outputs 4v to both the xlr and the rca so they will be on equal footing as far as the input voltage goes. I can also set it for 6v and 9v output if you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back