Seattle Meet at Bottlehead Headquarters 8/04/2012
Jul 31, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #121 of 188
Well...swell thing ya got going down, Big Pops...before i decide whether to take the day trip, perhaps an idea of when the meet should be ending?  Being as three pm is a bit on the late side of the day...I got to consider the time I need to be back home for the day as I may be bringing a guest...my neice.  She will be doing translation duty for some of those of ya I got lip-reading challenged by,,,ya know, beards and whatnot...She gots a rambunctious three year old and I need to be sure she can have someone take charge of the young un' while she is at the meet with me.  It will be her first meet so I am hoping to get a seed planted in her noggin' that MP3 music is a Commie plot to permanently flatline the brainwaves of American kids.

Have been on a vintage gear splurge of late...so I will be bringing a Pioneer SX-9000 and just for the heck of it, a 1961 H.H. Scott 222B integrated that I had restored by an old-school tube guy.  I can use the speaker taps from that one and drive whatever headphones ya have, save for the HE-6.  If the mood strikes me, I might throw in a Pioneer SX-2400.  For cans, I will bring a Denon D7000, Audio Technica ATH-2000 and Sennheiser 650s with Cardas cabling. 

I also am in the process of restoring a pair of Pioneer HPM-100 speakers to go along with the Klipsch KG-4 speakers I have set up in my listening room.  They sound incredible with the Marantz 2275 and the Pioneer SX-1250...both of which are too freaking heavy to lug to the meet.

Should be fun...

Jul 31, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #122 of 188
Quote:
Well...swell thing ya got going down, Big Pops...before i decide whether to take the day trip, perhaps an idea of when the meet should be ending?

I agree.

I can go as long as I have a ride from Seattle to Bottlehead and back. Preferably I would like to be back in Seattle before 8pm (9 at the latest).

Gear I can bring (all in a backpack): Macbook, FiiO E7, Shure SRH940, Sennheiser HD238, maybe the Sansa Clip Zip and Sennheiser CX-300 if anyone is interested.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #123 of 188
I will suggest that the meet end at 6, as it looks like I have an event the next day that I will need to set up for afterwards. The taproom next door will be open until 9 in case folks want to hang out. They have a sort of living room setup upstairs that is pretty neat, with a TV and such. It's even cool to bring in food to go with your brewski. I see people bringing pizzas in fairly often.

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #126 of 188
Unfortunately the only restaurant in the park, Metro Market, is only open Monday thru Friday. The next closest eating places are in Winslow, nearer the ferry terminal.

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #127 of 188
The public house at the marina is about perfect as you can get. Craft beers, good food, and a deck overlooking the marina. Curbfeeler and i have been there a few times thanks to Doc b. this would make an awesome aftermeet. They have enough room too.
http://harbourpub.com/

Jul 31, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #128 of 188
Quote:
^ nice.. looking forward to listening to the Eximus.

Been talking to Ethan and he has agreed to setting up the following together.

Cavalli Liquid Lightning + Stax SR-007MK1
Liquid Fire + Audeze LCD2
Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC (driving both amps)
Cary CD-306 as a transport ..so bring your CDs!! 

Yes, please do bring your CDs.  Since my transport is normally the finicky (and media limited) SB Touch, this is probably the best opportunity for folks to listen to their own music on my rig.  I've listened to the rig with other transports before, but usually that is only for a short part of the meet.

Oh yeah...and you also get a chance to listen to the Liquid Lightning. 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I can go as long as I have a ride from Seattle to Bottlehead and back. Preferably I would like to be back in Seattle before 8pm (9 at the latest).

What part of Seattle are you coming from?

Jul 31, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #130 of 188
Ah...I'm sure that will be doable.  Either me or another of the folks driving can easily meet you on the ferry or something.  We'll just have to coordinate times and the like.

Jul 31, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #132 of 188
yeah 3-6 is wway too short of a meet for those of us making the trip from Portland and further down south.

Gil, Doc any chance we can move up the meet time to atleast 11 in the morning?

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #133 of 188
We are working on this concern. We are sure we will come to a workable conclusion. No worries... Making me sound all official... WTH....lol. Everything is being worked out.
beerchug.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #134 of 188
We have a second event from at 7-9 p.m. on Saturday. Clark Blumenstein will be doing a demo of some new and rather exotic speakers he has just finished. All Head-fi attendees are welcome to spend 6-7 at the brewery next door and come back for the demo. I'm afraid I won't be able to start things at 11 because of the extended hours Saturday evening.  But if you guys want to start at 2 that would be OK. 

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #135 of 188
If anybody is inclined, I would suggest Hitchcock Restaurant on Winslow Way for lunch (at the Deli), or for dinner. I'll try to make my way there for a couple of hours, so here's my gear list should anybody want to try something out:

1. Headphones - Sennheiser HD600, Sony V6, AKG 702, Sony CD3000 (heaven willing...), Etymotic ER-4S
  2. DAC - Apogee Duet, Music Fidelity VDAC MKII
  3. Amp - Headstage Arrow 4G

Also, I'll be leaving from Redmond... if anybody needs a ride, do let me know. I will, however, be leaving early, so plan accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back